Subban recalled...

rafikz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you'd think Subban is the next coming of Raymond Bourque...
I don't see him as the 2nd coming of Doug Harvey but I'm moreso pleased that we (if we choose to) can have a 2 pronged powerplay point units in Markov - Bergeron and Gorges/Hamrlik - Subban. Also the Philly games he played in demonstrated he can carry out the puck and/or make a safe 1st pass to clear the zone. That is all.

I don't see him as the 2nd coming of Doug Harvey but I'm moreso pleased that we (if we choose to) can have a 2 pronged powerplay point units in Markov - Bergeron and Gorges/Hamrlik - Subban. Also the Philly games he played in demonstrated he can carry out the puck and/or make a safe 1st pass to clear the zone. That is all.

That, and the ability to draw penalties and piss off the opposing team's star players.

That, and the ability to draw penalties and piss off the opposing team's star players.

Yep, plus when he gets mad he can shoot lightning from his eyeballs, and his skin glitters in the sunlight... Also heard he came equipped with Epic Skates of Doom (+20 speed bonus) and Epic Visor of Clarity (+30 pass accuracy)! :P

Fans' reaction on the Web makes me cringe already. I'm happy to see the kid in a Habs uniform, but Raymond Bourque! reading fans you'd think Subban is the next coming of Jesus Christ . A little temperance, how about it?

*shake heads*

fixed

Well, if the Habs had a defense of Orr, Bourque, Potvin, Robinson, Leetch and Harvey and were bringing

up Subban, then I could understand. All Subban has to do it be better than MA Bergeron to warrant the excitement.

They could call up Alex Henry today and I would be happy.

Every organizations fanbase gets excited when their top prospect is being called up.

Edited by Wamsley01

BTW, P.K.'s younger brother, Malcolm, played goal in the Telus Cup Final yesterday for the Mississauga Reps. They lost 3-2 to the Notre Dame Hounds (from Wilcox, Sask), but the younger Subban made 52 saves to keep his team in it to the very end. For those that don't know, the Telus Cup is the national midget championship (Ages 15-17).

Like P.K., Malcolm is a draft pick of the Belleville Bulls.

Also, Washington is probably unprepared for him. They've never played him. His spin-O-rama might turn out to be lethal. He makes it very difficult for a defender killing a penalty to pressure his point because when they approach and attempt to poke; watch out - SPIN-O-RAMA and next thing you know he's heading to the goal - only worry is a forward or a player down low has to bail him out by going to the point to replace him when he does that.

All Subban has to do it be better than MA Bergeron to warrant the excitement.

All Subban has to do is not play. Once fans actually see players in action, all the good warm fuzzy feelings usually go away. Not wishing it on Subban and I assume Boucher has done an outstanding job with the kid; but I'm getting annoyed by the way some fans act, as if any player in the AHL is better than anyone in Montreal and just primed to play 25 mins and get 1st PK and PP time and be named captain right as soon as he sets foot in the locker-room. Markov might as well just hand his "A" over to P.K.

All Subban has to do is not play. Once fans actually see players in action, all the good warm fuzzy feelings usually go away. Not wishing it on Subban and I assume Boucher has done an outstanding job with the kid; but I'm getting annoyed by the way some fans act, as if any player in the AHL is better than anyone in Montreal and just primed to play 25 mins and get 1st PK and PP time and be named captain right as soon as he sets foot in the locker-room. Markov might as well just hand his "A" over to P.K.

Yeah, I like how after his first two games, people were saying that he was already better than all of our D except Markov.

I'm sure there's plenty of players in the minors for various reasons that are better than AHLers.

Yep, plus when he gets mad he can shoot lightning from his eyeballs, and his skin glitters in the sunlight... Also heard he came equipped with Epic Skates of Doom (+20 speed bonus) and Epic Visor of Clarity (+30 pass accuracy)! :P

Haha someone is a WoW fan! I knew it!

Fans' reaction on the Web makes me cringe already. I'm happy to see the kid in a Habs uniform, but Jesus Christ reading fans you'd think Subban is the next coming of Raymond Bourque. A little temperance, how about it?

*shake heads*

That.

I'm sure there's plenty of players in the minors for various reasons that are better than AHLers.

I assume you meant NHLers.

I dont debate some guys in the AHL could do as well if not better than some NHLers. I'm just talking about the specific case of Habs fans overestimating their AHLers and underestimating their NHLers and therefore automatically ranking call-ups higher than current roster players. Recent examples are a dime a dozen. I'm just weary of Subban being overhyped by fans who then will turn around 180° and start blasting him and giving him the Brisebois treatment the second he piles up a couple of mistakes, which is bound to happen one of those days.

Haha someone is a WoW fan! I knew it!

Was 3 years ago. Until I realized spending hours grinding for reputation on an online game was the definition of "waste of time".

...underestimating their NHLers and therefore automatically ranking call-ups higher...
Not me. I base his worth on his AHL performance, the fact he was an AHL All-Star and his Canada Junior performance. I also cite the 2 games against the Flyers.

I a nutshell; this guy has the potential to be in superstar status but potential and reality are 2 different things. We'll see in time. Hopefully his brand of skills confuses Washington tonight...if he plays

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Not me. I base his worth on his AHL performance, the fact he was an AHL All-Star and his Canada Junior performance. I also cite the 2 games against the Flyers.

I a nutshell; this guy has the potential to be in superstar status but potential and reality are 2 different things. We'll see in time. Hopefully his brand of skills confuses Washington tonight...if he plays

I find its a wise choice to call up PK subban.... FOR HIS SAKE...

But unless luck is on our side, Expect at least one big turn over/mistake per period with PK. Hopefully we can get his prowess and injection of energy to ignite the habs lines and increase our play to ALL TIME EPIC SUCCESS!!!

Go HABS GO!

Also, Washington is probably unprepared for him. They've never played him. His spin-O-rama might turn out to be lethal. He makes it very difficult for a defender killing a penalty to pressure his point because when they approach and attempt to poke; watch out - SPIN-O-RAMA and next thing you know he's heading to the goal - only worry is a forward or a player down low has to bail him out by going to the point to replace him when he does that.

I hope PK plays Forward this first game

Do you really believe that Marc Andre Bergeron is better than PK Subban right now?

Bergeron did pass through the whole league unclaimed less than 4 months ago, it was for a reason.

Tyler Ennis is up with the Sabres and has 4 points in 5 games and is an even player. John Carlson

has been strong for the Caps and has 4 points in 5 games and is a +8.

So to expect Subban to be better than a defenseman who is -8 and has contributed 1 point and has

been at the forefront of some of the Habs worst defensive miscues is not surprising.

Of course habs fans are overhyping him, so what. I would rather watch him out there than another

minute of Marc Andre Bergeron.

Renaud Lavoie on RDS just said that Subban will play for the Habs next season and that he's most likely going to be a serious Calder trophy candidate.

Talking about over excitement cause ...

KoZed is such a killjoy!!

Why do you always ruin our fun!

We just trying to have some hype...but mean old uncle KoZed comes into the room and is all like "hey kid...there is no santa claus, tooth fairy OR easter bunny...oh and Darth Vader is Lukes father...suck it!"

I see this as a peek into next season, I mean I wish Subban started the season with the team, contract be damned.

Renaud Lavoie on RDS just said that Subban will play for the Habs next season and that he's most likely going to be a serious Calder trophy candidate.

Talking about over excitement cause ...

Well, I can see him being a preseason candidate. Just like Tavares was supposed to be. Heck, Cody Hodgson was supposed to be one for Vancouver. Lots of "potential Calder candidates" in preseason don't pan out. Some do, of course. Every media outlet will be trying to peg which rookies will be the best ones next year, and I expect Subban will get a good share of votes.