Subban recalled...

rafikz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUBBAN! Just called up for the game tonight!!!

The globe and mail says it is still not confirmed;

Can Subban Save the Habs?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hock...article1546845/

I hope he plays and plays well, but I am a little worried about the pressure he will be under. :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

The globe and mail says it is still not confirmed;

Can Subban Save the Habs?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hock...article1546845/

I hope he plays and plays well, but I am a little worried about the pressure he will be under. :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

THe only thing that I could see hurting him long term would for him to come up and be great and

turn the series around, get a swelled head and not commit to being the best he can be.

He has zero pressure otherwise. Nobody expects he will win the game by himself.

I mean did the 1986 playoffs hurt Claude Lemieux? Stephane Richer?

1 game will not destroy his future.

Probably the best-case scenario to call him up, after a win and because of an injury. No savior pressure there. I just hope for the kid he doesnt make some mistake on the PP that leads to a Caps goal.

Probably the best-case scenario to call him up, after a win and because of an injury. No savior pressure there. I just hope for the kid he doesnt make some mistake on the PP that leads to a Caps goal.

Only worry I have as well... I'm sure it won't happen though. :hlogo:

[/b]

Only worry I have as well... I'm sure it won't happen though. :hlogo:

We know it'll happen eventually... just hope it's not this year!

He has amazing wheels and can catch just about anyone. Besides I'm sure he will be careful with it being the playoffs.

Fans' reaction on the Web makes me cringe already. I'm happy to see the kid in a Habs uniform, but Jesus Christ reading fans you'd think Subban is the next coming of Raymond Bourque. A little temperance, how about it?

*shake heads*

Fans' reaction on the Web makes me cringe already. I'm happy to see the kid in a Habs uniform, but Jesus Christ reading fans you'd think Subban is the next coming of Raymond Bourque. A little temperance, how about it?

*shake heads*

Shun the non-believer!

*shake heads*

Ray Bourque? That's putting it nicely, I get the sense they expect Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey blended into one. Completely agree though, time to temper the expectations in a big way.

Ray Bourque? That's putting it nicely, I get the sense they expect Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey blended into one. Completely agree though, time to temper the expectations in a big way.

Bourque is the best D of the modern era IMHO. He was playing 30 mins per game and was outstanding at both ends of the ice, oftentimes on a Bruins team that had nothing else to offer. Coffey was a a glorified 4th forward who was lucky enough to play with Gretzky AND Lemieux and was useless in his own zone. As for Orr, I haven't seen him play.

It's not the best situation for a kid to join the line-up. There will be a ton of pressure in a game the Habs can't lose. We don't have much choice anyway. I hope P.K. keeps it simple for his first shifts. If he feels comfortable out there, well, I guess that we will see him carry the puck and go for the net. That's the way he plays and I don't want him to play too conservatively.

Go for it kid! Show us what you can do!

Bourque is the best D of the modern era IMHO. He was playing 30 mins per game and was outstanding at both ends of the ice, oftentimes on a Bruins team that had nothing else to offer. Coffey was a a glorified 4th forward who was lucky enough to play with Gretzky AND Lemieux and was useless in his own zone. As for Orr, I haven't seen him play.

Fine, a blend of the best of all 3 then. :)

I'm just happy because I think Subban is a better defender than M-A Bergeron. It shows the organization is also trying everything they can in order to win this series.

If Spacek were healthy, no way would this move make any sense. But he's not healthy, so we have to ice the best team we possibly can.

Fine, a blend of the best of all 3 then. :)

Harvey, Lidstrom, Potvin, Shore, Robinson... Coffey comes way late in the list of best defensemen.

I'd settle for Subban being just something of a Brian Leetch.