GDT: Game 1, Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that observation, he should mess with the other players in his tax bracket!!

You're right tactically of course, but what I like about him is exactly his spirit which freeflows without calculation.

Nice play Stubban

Nice PP that time.. Subban makes all the difference...

So while we have been brutal, we have 3 goals in a game we barely showed up for... Fleury doesn't get better either...Halak will.

Price can handle the puck , but often he seems to do something dumb with it... gets it out, right to a Pen,

Nice PP that time.. Subban makes all the difference...

So while we have been brutal, we have 3 goals in a game we barely showed up for... Fleury doesn't get better either...Halak will.

absolutely, and like you said earlier, work on the penalty kill, we're in this series.

4 quick ones and we're back in it.

Habs will lose in 4.

it's funny, but I'm not too pessimistic at all.

Here is the game plan for sunday...

Put Halak back in. Play Subban as much as possible. Get the rest of the team to skate harder and stop panicking with the puck.

Replace AK with Darche and play a hard nosed game.

Sigh- Subban makes a great play to keep the puck in the Pens zone and MAB makes a bonehead giveaway play and the pens score the empty netter :puke:

Put Halak back in. Play Subban as much as possible. Get the rest of the team to skate harder and stop panicking with the puck.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Why is Spacek out? I heard flu a few days ago...is that right?

Based on the adjustments the coaches made in the first series, I still feel ok. a loss tonight was almost expected, given what happened less than 48 hours before.

Sigh- Subban makes a great play to keep the puck in the Pens zone and MAB makes a bonehead giveaway play and the pens score the empty netter :puke:

Ya, talk about your one trick ponies. But its such a good trick. !! :hockey:

Based on the adjustments the coaches made in the first series, I still feel ok. a loss tonight was almost expected, given what happened less than 48 hours before.

And Markov. That saps the energy our of already tired legs

I heard some kind of middle ear thing.. didn't sound promising, but if he is back then we can leave MAB on the 4th line or not at all.

The only reason I would leave MAB in would be to help on the PP... limit his minutes and he is okay. That gives us Subban and MAB for the points.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Why is Spacek out? I heard flu a few days ago...is that right?

With Markov out they can play darche anyway, but I'd rather get SK74 in the lineup. He is better on the PK and we can't use the same PK approach as they did against the Caps.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

With Markov out they can play darche anyway, but I'd rather get SK74 in the lineup. He is better on the PK and we can use the same PK approach as they did against the Caps.

Habs need to change things up on the PK and I agree bringing Sergei seems like the perfect idea, even more considering he is rested. Poor Habs team is playing in less than 48 hours. Would be a good timing if Spacek is ready and maybe Darche too.

I heard some kind of middle ear thing.. didn't sound promising, but if he is back then we can leave MAB on the 4th line or not at all.

The only reason I would leave MAB in would be to help on the PP... limit his minutes and he is okay. That gives us Subban and MAB for the points.

I don't know which guy I'd pick . Sure would be happy to see Spacek back. I'm not betting on Markov being whole. Subban is one talented kid. I saw him once in Hamilton and he was OK, but he was pretty inspiring tonight.

I actually have to agree with Don Cherry blasting the reading of Email from idiots on HNIC.

Good for him for skewering it. They were idiotic.

I liked PK's work tonight, and I thought Pouliot was playing better than usual.

AK was abysmal. Without his lazy mistakes, the Habs might have won this one. I'm all for PG finding a package deal for the K Bros.

Tough loss, but I'm not discouraged. Game 2 will be better. :)