Pens @ HABS: GAME 4

bar

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not making any comments on the refs, missed calls!!

Anyways,

---- team has to get in front of Fleury and pay the price in front of the net, like the Penguins have been doing.

---- Penguins protect the front of their net well.

---- so there has to be more traffic.

---- Obviously, Penguins have lot more action behind the play, and are more dynamic team than the Capitals, so Habs need to cover the lanes, and watch the " weak side, or the behind the play.

---- * out of 9 home playoff losses over last couple years dont cut it!!

Sure, that traffic idea is a good start, but it's not about to happen. Why can't thet just select a player, and tell him to go to the net, or you're on the next bus to hamilton? Looks to me like that early garbage goal is about all we've got.

Effort is there, but no offense no wins...

they have a period and a bit, to create that traffic and generate some offense!!

What really blows my mind is that the last game and this one (if we end up losing) were basically handed to the Pens by the reffing. Imagine if we had fair reffing. We are either winning these games, or its in OT at least. Pitts is not that good, or they wouldn't need this kind of help.

Imagine if they call the trip on Subban. Instead of us being tied, we are up one and on the PP with all the momentum. Imagine they call Crosby on Hammer, no PP goal.. we could be up 2 going into the 2nd period, totally different game.

I am convinced we could have won this series with fair reffing, but as it is, I will be surprise if we get past game 5. It is just too borderline for us, we can't overcome this reffing consistently, especially without Markov.

Man I am bummed out. I wouldn't mind losing this series in 6 or 7 fairly, but this just stinks.

Edited by brobin

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Habs lets have a superb third period. We cant just blame the reffing. We have to do some stuff on our own.

The bottom line is that this team doesn't really belong here. Add to that the horrible officiating, and it's over. A good team should be able to get over bad officiating and move on. Worst playoff reffing I have ever seen. Not because of the non calls, but because of the one sided reffing.

Ok, my fearless prediction.... Habs erupt for 3 goals in the third... ^_^

GO HABS GO!!!!

One view i am getting (which won't be popular), is that we should let Pleks go unless he will sign cheap. We are stuck with Gomez and there is not that much difference between them. We can't continue with both of these guys as our 1/2 centers. Pleks is invisible again.

We just can't afford to drop $5M on a small center who can't get it done in the playoffs. We need to save our money and try to find a tougher, down the slot center, not another perimeter passer.

Gionta: 0 shot :contract:

Where's Plekanec's line??

GO HABS GO, Please get going!

Plekanec shows up once every 5 minutes, makes a good play, makes a nice set-up pass to someone who fans on the shot, turnover, gets off the ice, re-appears in 5 minutes...

Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez have really been the heroes for us on offense these playoffs. They've been consistently involved in the action. Even if Gionta has no shots for us, he's been involved in the play each shift.

At least the game is within reach. I'm concerned with our fatigue factor and our puck possession game is off. Too many bad passes offensively or on transition are ocurring with active Pens sticks in the lane. Holding the puck makes more sense. Pittsburgh is playing their own trap so at times the forechecking might be off for them. Our players have some more time. I'd like to see better decisions on passing in the 3rd. And dumping the puck with 2 forecheckers chasing is what I'd like to see more of. We have to! It's risky but puck recovery on the dump is a must!

Beyond that I have no clue :P

Go HABS GO!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

So... do you think we get anymore PPs? One PP this game.. nothing like taking away any opportunities.

and there is a blatant slash on AK to take his stick away.. no call.. but the Crosby one was a penalty.. seriously.. this is a joke

So... do you think we get anymore PPs? One PP this game.. nothing like taking away any opportunities.

and there is a blatant slash on AK to take his stick away.. no call.. but the Crosby one was a penalty.. seriously.. this is a joke

Knowing the league and the fact that the reffing has been wacko in the NHL for 15 years I suspect a Pens and Habs powerplay.

Awesome.

GIANT-A