GDT: Game 5: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better skating and momentum now. that was a great shift by the Laps line to put some pressure on Pitts.

Sure was . I'm feeling pretty good.

back to not calling anything.. when subban is brought down from behind...

saw that coming..

boys can't sit back now.. they need to get that back.. and I wouldn't wait for a PP.. since they are not calling squat against the pens.

sheesh, one goal and they look defeated.. like they are running out the period.

Pens are hitting like crazy (mostly legal). Not sure what the Habs can do about it besides skating harder. If the so much as touch anyone in retaliation they will be in the box.

And after all that... Crosby whining to the refs at the end of the period.. does he ever stop?

sheesh, one goal and they look defeated.. like they are running out the period.

Pens are hitting like crazy (mostly legal). Not sure what the Habs can do about it besides skating harder. If the so much as touch anyone in retaliation they will be in the box.

And after all that... Crosby whining to the refs at the end of the period.. does he ever stop?

This series has been an eye-opener, Crosby is something else, he whines AFTER they score.

I just don't understand what it will take or the habs to get a PP.. there were at least 5 non-calls against them, which was okay since I figured they were going just let them play.. but then they call the softie on Gorges.

Even Cherry agrees that was a dive.

We really need our top two lines to bury some chances. Fleury made one real save in that period (the one on Cammy), the rest were bad angles or from a distance with no traffic. Now while those might be good saves for Fleury, we need to get better chances on him. Get traffic in front and hit the net. they will go in!

Laps and company look like they will score. I don't understand why our top two lines can put that kind of pressure on the Pitts D, at least once or twice a period. :)

Holy crap.. we get a PP to start the 2nd..

I guess the Refs figured out they were suckered by Guerin. Boys have fresh ice, they need to make it count!

Man.. this is getting away from us.. just can't get that first goal... but the Pens are doing a much better job cycling the puck to get it to the point with a screen, we can't seem to do it.

Need MAB or Subban to get those shots on, top corner.

they have stopped skating.. I don't see them competing tonight.. big kill here.

they need a goal to wake them up.. any old bounce will do, I just have a game 3 feeling here.

Pens are playing 4 men high. Time to dump and do the same with 4-1 down low on defence. At least 2 should try to recover the puck on dump ins. We could even send in 3 high on the attack. We need something. Good thing the score is within reach

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

looks like Gill is lost.

I can't believe that there isn't a single guy who can take the puck to the penguins net. Most shots are from the point or from the outside - without traffic. Gomez has been very perdictable tonight - cross ice shot back to the point. They gotta start driving to the net next game.