Forward Lines Defence/Goalies
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn Hamrlik Subban
Darche - Gomez - Gionta Gill* Gorges
Pouliot - Moore - Lapierre Spacek* O'Byrne
Moen/Bergeron* - Metropolit* - Pyatt Halak Price

Other Notes:
Injuries: Mara, Markov
Scratches: Darche*, S. Kostitsyn, Laraque, Maxwell
If Gill does not play, Hamrlik will play with Spacek, Gorges with Subban.

Projected lines for Pittsburgh:

Forward Lines Defence/Goalies
Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin Orpik Gonchar
Talbot - Malkin - Dupuis Eaton Letang
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy Goligoski Leopold
Rupp - Letestu - Adams Fleury Johnson

Other Notes:
Injuries: None
Scratches: Conner, Curry, Engelland, Fedotenko, Godard, Jeffrey, Johnson, Lovejoy, McKee, Pechurski, Ponikarovsky, Tangradi, Thiessen, Wagner, Wallace

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: CBC, RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Winning Highlights::

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to come out hard and pot one early, it is the only way this team has a chance at getting to game 7 after a rather mediocre performance the other night in game 5. The fans are going to be crucial in this one (hopefully the idiots stay home tonight), and even if they get down 1-2 early they cannot stop cheering and keeping the guys energy level up.

Habs have been terrible on home ice in the playoffs the last couple of campaigns, let's see that change tonight.

I was at the Bell Centre for the UFC PPV on sat night..and OH MY GAWD...I can imagine the sound of the fans for this game. I wouldn't have believed it til I was there...it goes far beyond anything I can imagine. I really never understood just how much home ice advantage means as far as communication between players.

I really believe the fans will be the #1 key to this game..I cannot speak for game 5, but win this game and the series is up for grabs. Really starting to hate Pens fans (I glance at their fanblog), give it a look sometime, they take homerism to a whole new level.

I'll say it's up to the players. They are in deep without Gill if he can't go. Relying on Spacek to come in after being out 3 weeks with an illness is not a recipe for success.

The offense will need at least 3 goals, tonight i'm actually thinking 4.

Someone others will need to chip in some points, Pleks, Ak46, the 4th line or PP.

WHatever happens i am pretty satisfied with the efforts so far, only a few no shows against teams with far supior talent.

I'm JM now has list of more players to be removed, so the team can get better.

Gut check time. The Habs need to score early in this one if they're gonna take it. Hope Gill and Spaceman can play.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Home game, big noisy crowd, every sports bar packed, friends at home celebrating every goal,

every saves by our miraculous goalie, nobody here wants a stop of this. It's a playoff run and the

run is not over until it's over.

So keep on running, growing beer bellies, stained habs shirt, grow your playoff beard it is not over.

Go :hlogo: Go

I'll be at the game tonight! Our boys need to come out strong and score at least one goal in the 1st period.

The crowd will be in it for sure. Pray to the Hockey Gods!

I really believe the fans will be the #1 key to this game..

Well I drove 12 hours from PEI to watch my first ever habs playoff game, so you can bet that I am bringing the noise

Go Habs GO!!!!!!!!!! The Habs will come out flying and we will force a game 7!!!! The first period is usually our strongest so we better get ahead and early and try to ride it out.

Spacek probable, Gill upgraded to probable (per Globe & Mail, link on main page). In that event, watch for either Bergeron, Moen, or Metropolit to be scratched.

I know he was practicing with the top lines, but I think Darche would be scratched before MAB or Moen.

Well I drove 12 hours from PEI to watch my first ever habs playoff game, so you can bet that I am bringing the noise

awesome buddy!!!!!! enjoy...

Need a huge team effort tonight. No bad penalties. Solid offense and hopefully some early goals.

I hate to admit this, but I forget to wear my jersey on Saturday night, and true to form, we lost. I will not take a chance tonight, I will be decked out in all my habs gear (except the boxers, those are being saved for the cup clinching game..).

and let's not forget our friends in Philly.. they need to stretch that series out, so when we get to the Bruins they are tired and banged up. :)

Good for you! :)

Need a huge team effort tonight. No bad penalties. Solid offense and hopefully some early goals.

I hate to admit this, but I forget to wear my jersey on Saturday night, and true to form, we lost. I will not take a chance tonight, I will be decked out in all my habs gear (except the boxers, those are being saved for the cup clinching game..).

and let's not forget our friends in Philly.. they need to stretch that series out, so when we get to the Bruins they are tired and banged up. :)

Quote.... "(except the boxers, those are being saved for the cup clinching game..)."

What's this about boxers and cup clinching ...? Try a larger size! :huh:

Edited by Toronthab

Not too optimistic about this one. It's so hard for a team to play through injuries on D like that, especially considering the calibre of Markov and Playoff Monster Gill. Spacek thrown in cold - he can help us, but it's a lot to ask of a guy who hasn't played in weeks.

So I say the miracle ends here...a casualty of injury more than anything else. :angry: That's the playoffs for ya, healthiest squad usually wins.

It's just not fair to skate that little kid out with the torch to solemnly trace the perimeter of the rink.

What team has a chance after we do that?!!

Montreal is sooooo.... the best.

No wonder God's a Habs fan.

:clap: