What name on my new habs jersey?

Dalhabs

I cant pick "SUBBAN" because that is swedish for "the bitch". If I pick Lapierre I bet he will sign with Boston or Toronto and I wont be able to wear that jersey anymore... AARGH! :D

I cant pick "SUBBAN" because that is swedish for "the bitch". If I pick Lapierre I bet he will sign with Boston or Toronto and I wont be able to wear that jersey anymore... AARGH! :D

That's an easy one!

ROY with a big # 33 in the middle of your back!

You can't go wrong with King Patrick!

Edited by Habsfan

That's an easy one!

ROY with a big # 33 in the middle of your back!

You can't go wrong with King Patrick!

Ye why not?... Its not like they can trade him again :D

I picked up a Cammalleri jersey this year. My rationale was that we'd have him at least for a few more years :)

*knocks on wood*

I trying to decide between Cammy and PK, I'm leaning towards Subban right now. They have no larger sizes left on the website, so might have to be next year.

Has anyone here bought any knockoff NFL or NHL jerseys from one of the Chinese jersey wholesalers. I can't justify paying $120+ for a jersey at this stage in my life but don't want to be stuck with some iron on piece of crap.

I have a Subban on the way... it was a tough choice outta him, Gorges, and Gionta.

A buddy of mine has a Cammy so that was not a choice!

I own a last year 100th anniversary #13 Tanguay jersey. I really consider paying to get the Tanguay gone and replace it by Cammalleri. Wonder how much it would cost though.

Edited by JoeLassister

I own a last year 100th anniversary #13 Tanguay jersey. I really consider paying to get the Tangay gone and replace it by Cammalleri. Wonder how much it would cost though.

Ya I have a 100th Price jersey. The only one I have with name on it. I would get a Subban jersey, but I kind of got burned on the Price one so far. LOL

I have a Roy retro, Cammalleri in Blue, Markov in the stripes and a Price in the Red.

If I was going to splurge on one more, it would probably be PK.

Halak seems like an easy choice right now, but so did Penney in 84 and Theo in 2002 (which I also have BTW).

I learned years ago that, if you're gonna shill out the sizeable funds for a jersey, you want a name that isn't contemporary. No matter how great a player seems NOW, any number of things can go wrong and make his jersey seem silly, regrettable or lame with the passage of time. I live in Vancouver and still have to look at all these Canuckleheads walking around with 'BERTUZZI' jerseys. In our case, names like 'HIGGINS' and 'KOMISAREK' probably seemed like great choices three years ago. Now? Not so much. (Even KOIVU, while understandable, looks slightly painful now - terrific, heroic player, but sadly attached to an era of total team failure).

So the only answer is to go with legends. I myself am the proud owner of a jersey that really separates the men from the boys among Habs fans: #7, MORENZ. Never once regretted that one. ^_^ If that seems a bit too hard-core, there's plenty of others. #4 BELIVEAU is the fashionable choice these days because he's the elder statesman now, and that will always be a good choice. #9 RICHARD is of course impeccable if slightly obvious. #10 LAFLEUR will immediately instil suffering in any Bruins fan you chance to meet. But all things considered, you might do best to bridge the past with the present by choosing #23 GAINEY. :hockey:

I learned years ago that, if you're gonna shill out the sizeable funds for a jersey, you want a name that isn't contemporary. No matter how great a player seems NOW, any number of things can go wrong and make his jersey seem silly, regrettable or lame with the passage of time. I live in Vancouver and still have to look at all these Canuckleheads walking around with 'BERTUZZI' jerseys. In our case, names like 'HIGGINS' and 'KOMISAREK' probably seemed like great choices three years ago. Now? Not so much. (Even KOIVU, while understandable, looks slightly painful now - terrific, heroic player, but sadly attached to an era of total team failure).

So the only answer is to go with legends. I myself am the proud owner of a jersey that really separates the men from the boys among Habs fans: #7, MORENZ. Never once regretted that one. ^_^ If that seems a bit too hard-core, there's plenty of others. #4 BELIVEAU is the fashionable choice these days because he's the elder statesman now, and that will always be a good choice. #9 RICHARD is of course impeccable if slightly obvious. #10 LAFLEUR will immediately instil suffering in any Bruins fan you chance to meet. But all things considered, you might do best to bridge the past with the present by choosing #23 GAINEY. :hockey:

Gainey would be the perfect choice, looking at how far the Habs have made it this season.

What about #30 NILAN? :D

Now THAT is a jersey that I would salute if I passed by you.

I still am going to get a #1 with Wamsley on it one day.