GDT: Game 1, Montreal vs Philadelphia

dlbalr

It was a slash.. it was embellished, but they are calling it.. so why take the chance..that was plain old stupid retaliation for a hit. If you are going to do that in a lost cause, then do it right and take Pronger's head off.

In any case, all we can hope is the Flyers will get over confident and think the habs are always this easy to play against.

That was hardly a slash. It was a weak tap and Pronger played it off like it was a major hack.

The fact that I had to watch Lapierre and Gionta get 3 dive calls in one game and that is called is a joke.

I effin hate the Flyers. More than I hate any team outside of the Leafs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with production, it has to do with attitude and how his self centered sense

of entitlement will not be tolerated. If Pouliot is doing everything that is asked of him in

practice then he is already miles ahead of Sergei.

It has NEVER been about Sergei's talent level, it has been about getting him to listen and

give himself up to the team.

Hey if Martin had used the same approach with Lapierre for his self of entitlement and indifferent play, we may not have gotten out of the two series. SK74 is two years younger. Usual complaint at SK74 is stupid selfish penalties and lazy plays, how is that different from Gomez. If you want to talk about really lazy bonehead defensive play, MAB would never be back in the lineup on D, with any other coach.

Lastly, Pouliot is NOT doing what he should be doing. The guy is not driving to the net anymore, has been soft defensively has taken lazy penalties. He has essentially turned into a Lats v.2.0 and is doing exactly what the complaint about Sk74 is. Martin from training camp has been much harsher on Sk74 then other players and i'm pretty sure he feels unfairly treated. I also wonder if they would treating SK74 if his name was Larouche or Lebeau.

You have a short memory.. SK has been pulling crap all season long. He has had more chances then most players have been afforded in Montreal before being dumped...

Hey if Martin had used the same approach with Lapierre for his self of entitlement and indifferent play, we may not have gotten out of the two series. SK74 is two years younger. Usual complaint at SK74 is stupid selfish penalties and lazy plays, how is that different from Gomez. If you want to talk about really lazy bonehead defensive play, MAB would never be back in the lineup on D, with any other coach.

Lastly, Pouliot is NOT doing what he should be doing. The guy is not driving to the net anymore, has been soft defensively has taken lazy penalties. He has essentially turned into a Lats v.2.0 and is doing exactly what the complaint about Sk74 is. Martin from training camp has been much harsher on Sk74 then other players and i'm pretty sure he feels unfairly treated. I also wonder if they would treating SK74 if his name was Larouche or Lebeau.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ON ICE PLAY!

The guy quit the Bulldogs TWICE. He was involved in a Police investigation, refused to go down

and throws a huge fit every time he is sent to the minors.

There are media reports of teammates getting into exchanges with him and his coach has told

him to do his training in the gym, not the ice.

Everything they have accomplished has been under the word TEAM. So you don't piss that away for

a guy playing for the name on the BACK of his jersey, not the name on the front.

Edited by Wamsley01

And now they are embarrassing themselves..

this is pushback to set the tone for game 2? This is how you get at the other team's goalie?

6-0 against the weakest offensive team they have faced yet..

this is pushback to set the tone for game 2? This is how you get at the other team's goalie?

Once again why you don't judge a game based on shots.

Maybe they are trying to make the Flyers overconfident?!?!? :huh::angry::huh::angry::huh:

By the way, SK and JM did sit down and SK did come to Philly and to practice.. so maybe he will get, ANOTHER chance..

I am not sure I care.. he won't make any difference and if he pisses off his team mates again it won't be worth it...

I would take o'byrne and put MAB on PP only, but that is it.

mainly, I would remind these guys that they have to actually show up to win...

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ON ICE PLAY!

The guy quit the Bulldogs TWICE. He was involved in a Police investigation, refused to go down

and throws a huge fit every time he is sent to the minors.

There are media reports of teammates getting into exchanges with him and his coach has told

him to do his training in the gym, not the ice.

The guy is 23 years old - was 21 at the time of the investigation. Hamrlik is supposed to be a leader on the team and was involved in the same investigation and they were pretty much cleared of any wrong doing, with the exception of poor judgement in who they hung around with - for which, i'd be much harsher on Hamrlik. Hell, Kane, his old linemate from Junior (must be a Dale Hunter influence thing), was also in a much worse police investigation and he wasn't be buried by Senator Demers who was trying the habs without any real evidence (news that was supposed to shake the very foundation of the hockey team).

The guy got sent down the first time bcoz Martin was obviously using him as a scapegoat at the start of the season. Bottom line is that Laps and Lats got much rope then SK74 did. The habs made a mistake of intially rushing him and then not handling him right afterwards.

By the way, SK and JM did sit down and SK did come to Philly and to practice.. so maybe he will get, ANOTHER chance..

I am not sure I care.. he won't make any difference and if he pisses off his team mates again it won't be worth it...

I would take o'byrne and put MAB on PP only, but that is it.

mainly, I would remind these guys that they have to actually show up to win...

Only in Montreal would a guy who has accomplished almost nothing as a professional and has been

a pain in the organizations ass be consistently talked about after every loss.

The guy is 23 years old - was 21 at the time of the investigation. Hamrlik is supposed to be a leader on the team and was involved in the same investigation and they were pretty much cleared of any wrong doing, with the exception of poor judgement in who they hung around with - for which, i'd be much harsher on Hamrlik. Hell, Kane, his old linemate from Junior (must be a Dale Hunter influence thing), was also in a much worse police investigation and he wasn't be buried by Senator Demers who was trying the habs without any real evidence (news that was supposed to shake the very foundation of the hockey team).

The guy got sent down the first time bcoz Martin was obviously using him as a scapegoat at the start of the season. Bottom line is that Laps and Lats got much rope then SK74 did. The habs made a mistake of intially rushing him and then not handling him right afterwards.

Come on dude.

Bleech :puke:

Well, that's one to forget. I wouldn't get too unravelled by this one game, as a fan, though - it's all about bouncing back, and really, a loss is a loss whether it's 21-0 or 6-5. Martin will have to make some adjustments to the game plan and the players will have to look within to determine whether they really want to do what it takes to win or not.

What really troubles me about this is that if we DO show up next game and still lose, we're going back to Montreal down 0-2.

I agree that OB should dress (and probably will), but doubt that SK74 will help much at all.

Bleech :puke:

Well, that's one to forget. I wouldn't get too unravelled by this one game, as a fan, though - it's all about bouncing back, and really, a loss is a loss whether it's 21-0 or 6-5. Martin will have to make some adjustments to the game plan and the players will have to look within to determine whether they really want to do what it takes to win or not.

What really troubles me about this is that if we DO show up next game and still lose, we're going back to Montreal down 0-2.

I agree that OB should dress (and probably will), but doubt that SK74 will help much at all.

Win game 2 and game 1 is forgotten. Simple as that.

easiest shutout ever..

Proof that the Habs can make any goalie a star for one night..

Well, Habs better respond with a commanding win in game 2..

Remember when everybody thought the Blackhawks were done when they lost Game 1 to Vancouver?

5-1 loss and 2-0 to start the 2nd game. This isn't determined by total score.

If they get blown out in Game 2, then I might begin to get concerned.

I know what the Flyers are doing...its WHAT THE HABS DID to Pitts and Caps. Need more forecheck, shorter passes. Sure Subban made some mistakes this game..but at LEAST he was trying, MAB doesn't even shoot on the PP anymore, why is he there? Bring OB back..should never have sat anyway.

Gomez got it half right.. All the Philly players are playing well... what he missed was "none of us were".

We are down to the final 4, you need everyone to bring their A game, and you can't take nights off...

2nd game is going to be huge.. if they show up and redeem, all is well. If they suck again, I see a repeat of 2 years ago.

Screw this BS... we gotta show up in game 2 or else we should just forfeit the rest as our a***'s will be too red .

:wall: :wall:

The tables are turning as the habs are getting a taste of their own medicine.

I'm thourouly pissed tonite. This was not a conference final game

Edited by jrhabs

I hope 6-0 is a big enough embarrassment for them to take it seriously.

And yet ... in spite of the shellacking, I don't think the adjustments that are needed are huge. We're still in with a good chance in this series -- if the boys will only take the Flyers as seriously as they took the Caps and the Penguins. We need solid, disciplined hockey, Martin knows what that's all about, but he needs to get the players to deliver on it.

If Habs were favorites, they are not anymore. And that's probably the best thing going forward.

+1

If they had to lose, I'm glad it's by a great amount. There's no way they can tell themselves that they were ok, and justify playing the same way in the future. In the long run, this loss will help us.

If Habs were favorites, they are not anymore. And that's probably the best thing going forward.

I was thinking this exactly. It seemed like the fanbase was beginning to expect a victory

and an easy ride to the Cup Finals.

Now it might shock them back to the underdog role.

Philly is on fire. Emotion was there not on our side, what Gomez shown on that PP was a momentum killer.

Instead if cooling them down it gave Philly a PP and a goal.

And even then, after one period that game was pretty even with a big save from Halak to keep them in the game.

What they do, they play weak under Philly pressure with 30 seconds in the second.

And the wall fell down...they will rebound by cooling this fire.

Well that was a complete team embarrassment. Maybe they didn't know the first game was on Sunday.

That was simple:

Too many turnovers

No battles won

Wouldn't or couldn't clear the crease

2 scoring chances for the game

dunb penalties

1 player went to the net and got a penalty

Poor goaltending

All that equals a blow out.

They better be a lot better then that next game or this series will be over quickly.