GDT: Game 2: Habs vs Flyers

dlbalr

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. advantage Philly.. exactly the same as the last game.. they get outplayed, but draw a weak call and score on the PP.. we take a pile of shots from the outside or along the ice to make Leighton look like Brodeur..

Philly is going to come out flying in the 2nd.. will the Habs fold, or will they smarten up and start playing with some composure?

The Flyers are doing what the Habs did through the first two rounds. And the Habs are doing what Washington and Pittsburgh did...

All the shots are coming from the outside.

Well, the Habs are showing signs of life at least. But we're seeing an opponent eerily reminiscent of ourselves, getting badly outshot but capitalizing on opportunities and keeping many of the shots to the outside, playing good team D (and making the goalie look like a genius in the process). I also think our talent level is letting us down, with Pouliot gone fishing and Markov out. All the same, a period to build on despite the score.

How many minutes did Sergei play? I can understand putting him in, but I cannot understand putting him in and not using him.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Gomez, Pleks AK, Pouliot, etc.. so many guys needs to start stepping up... If we could only get everyone on the team playing sharp...

Even Gionta has looked out of it. That says it all.

well.. advantage Philly.. exactly the same as the last game.. they get outplayed, but draw a weak call and score on the PP.. we take a pile of shots from the outside or along the ice to make Leighton look like Brodeur..

Philly is going to come out flying in the 2nd.. will the Habs fold, or will they smarten up and start playing with some composure?

That kinda sounds like what we did to the Caps and the Pens.

I get the feeling we will lose this series to some journeyman goalie who's never accomplished anything in his career!

0-3 on the PP tonight and 0-9 in the series! Things are not looking good!

I'm more impressed with that 1st period than with Sunday night. For the Habs to score though, it's going to take a dirty plugger goal from in close. Flyers have definitely taken a page from the Habs playbook in terms of keeping the shots coming from the outside. MAB looks like he has the yips out there on the point. Most of the players do, they're either rushing things, or hesitating a split second too long. No decisiveness.

I think some of the boys have their holidays/flights etc already booked ..... if they play past Saturday :lol:

Metro or Pyatt will score our 1st goal (if we get one that is....... :rolleyes: )

Pouliot's one of our biggest players. We could use him in the line up. Somebody has to go to the net already.

I'm more impressed with that 1st period than with Sunday night. For the Habs to score though, it's going to take a dirty plugger goal from in close. Flyers have definitely taken a page from the Habs playbook in terms of keeping the shots coming from the outside. MAB looks like he has the yips out there on the point. Most of the players do, they're either rushing things, or hesitating a split second too long. No decisiveness.

There were a few sequences where the Habs were in tight and bashing away. If we can keep this up AND not surrender another goal, we will be rewarded eventually. If the Flyers keep scoring on 50% of their chances, though, then we'll start trying too hard and flubbing open nets. :angry:

Didn't I see this movie in 2008? Habs carry the play, Flyers crap goalie plays well, Habs start to go of the rails - ? yeah, I thought so.

Gill hasn't looked himself either. He's probably still badly hurt from that cut. That is ANOTHER ingredient missing.

I think the problem with Gill is pure fatigue. He played so well in the first two series that he is averaging signficantly moer ice time then he is use to, which is catching up to him.

There were a few sequences where the Habs were in tight and bashing away. If we can keep this up AND not surrender another goal, we will be rewarded eventually. If the Flyers keep scoring on 50% of their chances, though, then we'll start trying too hard and flubbing open nets. :angry:

Didn't I see this movie in 2008? Habs carry the play, Flyers crap goalie plays well, Habs start to go of the rails - ? yeah, I thought so.

Gill hasn't looked himself either. He's probably still badly hurt from that cut. That is ANOTHER ingredient missing.

You don't win Stanley Cups with passengers and right now the Habs have too many.

I asked this question last round. What happens when Cammalleri, Plekanec, Gionta etc regress to

their regular shooting percentages? AK46, Pouliot and Plekanec need to provide offense or they

will spin their wheels.

The shot totals are unimportant. Looking at the stats would imply that Leighton is a way better

goaltender than Halak, yet I haven't seen Leighton REALLY tested once through 4 periods.

Somebody unexpected needs to step up in this game, Paul Dipietro, where are you?

Eddie Shore, Dit Clapper, Toe Blake, Syl Apps, Fred (Cyclone) Taylor, Newsy Lalonde, Ted Teeder Kennedy, The Great Roger Neilson and Bob Badger Johnson - I beseech you all in your greatness to inspire our Habs and judge this hockey on who merits it

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow.. CBC has just cranked up the philly love... apparently, Philly is an incredible team, best fans in the world, goalie is invincible.. Habs can't play any better then this and now Philly's skill players are starting to play...

Wow.. CBC has just cranked up the philly love... apparently, Philly is an incredible team, best fans in the world, goalie is invincible.. Habs can't play any better then this and now Philly's skill players are starting to play...

Now I think that's a good sign! :unsure:

sigh.. and now we get a penalty.. which is bizarre because the whistles have been away for 20 minutes...

they have to kill this penalty... this is starting to look like our game plan exactly.. sit back.. score on the PP or rush.. steal game.

Philly's playing superb D. Leighton is facing practically zero second shots and they're relentlessly keeping us to the outside. What bugs me is that, when the Habs played this way for two rounds, it proved we were lucky and mediocre; when the Flyers do it, it proves that they are awesome. :rolleyes:

Wamsley is absolutely right. Second-tier scorers need to step up.

And there we go, the game's over. :angry:

We're the better team tonight and losing. It happens. This is why you can't take nights off in the playoffs. Maybe if we'd been ready for game one, this loss wouldn't be so catastrophic.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

and there it is..

they wait.. score on the power play by jamming into the crease.

I know this isn't over, but I don't see them winning tonight, or the series. They can't score, and the flyers know it. This is textbook montreal round 1 and 2 hockey, by the flyers.