GDT: Game 2: Habs vs Flyers

dlbalr

5 periods, no goals on Leighton.. I think he has made 5 big saves total.. the rest have been easy.

I guess we will see if JM can coach this team on how to break the left wing lock, or maybe to shoot high, corner.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

I know it is frustrating... I fell asleep at the end of the first period(its now 3:43 am here) and during intermission I dreamed of a 3-0 Flyer win with the Flyer fans singing Na Na Na.... I woke up in a sweat happy the second period hadnt started yet.

Point: the boys have come back before and can do it again... they just need to score early in the 3rd and then do it again. The Flyers are not outplaying or outchancing us they are simply cashing in their chances like we used to do. I said before the series that we needed Gomez, AK etcetera to step up offensive production and so far... nothing.

I have hated the Flyers since 1974 and I have never hated them more than I do right now.

We will overcome

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

The Habs D back up and back up and back up...they are so illconfident with the puck, besides Subban all the D treat the puck like a bomb. They never push forward, they drop the puck back and by the time the rush starts, the forwards are at the red line. The habs D then tries to make a long pass and it gets picked off, or harmlessly dumped into the zone. What happened to Spacey and Hammers confidence. MAB was never the best puck handler, but now he doesn't even shoot, get him out of there.

Philly's playing superb D. Leighton is facing practically zero second shots and they're relentlessly keeping us to the outside. What bugs me is that, when the Habs played this way for two rounds, it proved we were lucky and mediocre; when the Flyers do it, it proves that they are awesome. :rolleyes:

Wamsley is absolutely right. Second-tier scorers need to step up.

And there we go, the game's over. :angry:

We're the better team tonight and losing. It happens. This is why you can't take nights off in the playoffs. Maybe if we'd been ready for game one, this loss wouldn't be so catastrophic.

The difference in this series and the previous two is that Philly has game planned for Montreal.

I don't believe that Caps or Pens really respected Montreal. Philly is taking away space, they are

not taking any gambles and they have neutered the Canadiens main weapon, the counter punch.

I am really beginning to believe that you don't need great goaltending to win in the playoffs. Osgood won a Cup

in 2008 and was 1 game away from back to back in 2009. The Flyers are winning with the combo of Leighton

and Boucher, Nabokov, Niemi all are still around.

If the Habs cannot rebound, all this will do is justify the Habs crap team got lucky storylines.

if he gets 2 straight shutouts we will be screwed

I am getting Bob Sauve flashbacks.

Why aren't they sending the D...let them loose, cause the Habs aren't doing a good job defending. They keep backing up, backing up...there's no urgency in any of the habs game.

Edited by bar

Habs you suck .. nice chant.. but they are the best fans in the world..

I so hope we beat them tonight, just to shove it down their throats...

unreal.. they call the first thing they can against the habs.. after they let the roughing retaliation against pleks go...

so sick of this crap..

Fully expect a PP goal here to finish our night...

Nice dive from Carcillo.

Can somebody explain how Timmonen got away with a punch to the head and a check from behind in the span of 20 seconds?

we have one shot in the 3rd...

and there is the soft goal, on the BS call, to end the night... brutal..

Philly has 14 shots.. 3 goals, on 3 powerplays, on three BS calls...

this game is over.. this series might be over.. Halak is running out of miracles... Cammy and Gionta can't score.. no one else is stepping up.... Refs are as good as ever

we have one shot in the 3rd...

and there is the soft goal, on the BS call, to end the night... brutal..

Philly has 14 shots.. 3 goals, on 3 powerplays, on three BS calls...

this game is over.. this series might be over.. Halak is running out of miracles... Cammy and Gionta can't score.. no one else is stepping up.... Refs are as good as ever

I dunno Halak...needs to sit for another game, seemed to work last time, he hasn't been sharp in game 1 or 2.

We have no offensive...not in this system.

How can they have 3 people back, yet still send two forecheckers...it defies logic....but then you see the D everytime montreal has a chance for a break out..they back pass the puck and keep stalling any chance of a rush.

Edited by bar

so all I heard from the Habs was about how they had to go to the net, make it difficult on Leighton, etc.. they have done none of it at all with the exact same results...

so... no adjustment at all in their game, other then working harder and skating better.. still no jam.

notice how we only get power plays when the game is done...