Let's be crazy and creative...

Habby1197

With Rumours of Hossa + (something else) and our #10 overall going for the #1 Pick... Horton I hope... Let's see what our team would eventually look like....

Zednik Koivu Ward

Bulis Horton Perezhogin

Ryder Higgins Plekanec

???-???-???

Hainsey-Komi

Markov-Rivet

Souray-???

Theo

Garon

That could be what we look like somewhat in 2004-2005.

From everything I've read the habs have Staal as the #1 on their draft-list , so Horton is pretty much out of the question unless we acquired the #2 or #3 picks and Staal had already been taken.

And the missing d-man on your team would probably be one of Korneev/Archer , if not them then someone we traded-for/signed.

I love looking into the future , cause the present stinks :-^

Yeah, I hope that missing D-man would be someone would can supply some for offense from the Defense... a Niniimaa type.

Why Staal? He's not physical, just solid... we've been missng toughness up the middle forever. Horton looks like a killer.

Originally posted by Habby1197

Yeah, I hope that missing D-man would be someone would can supply some for offense from the Defense... a Niniimaa type.

Why Staal? He's not physical, just solid... we've been missng toughness up the middle forever. Horton looks like a killer.

The habs like Staal because he had such a great season despite being a physically "weak" player , the habs know that Staal has lots of room to "fill-out" and they feel that he will be an even better player once he does fill-out. At least thats what I've read...

As for the missing d-man. Korneev is the more offensive of the two between him and Archer , but I havent seen Korneev enough to tell how good he COULD be , in my mind he is a mini-markov (less skilled) , I guess because he is Russian , about the same size as Markov (shorter) , is a converted forward (like Markov) , and has a similar style to Markov...

The habs like Staal because he had such a great season despite being a physically "weak" player , the habs know that Staal has lots of room to "fill-out" and they feel that he will be an even better player once he does fill-out. At least thats what I've read...

Yeah that's true, I'm just tired of drafting string beans. I mean Komisarek was filled out pretty good when we drafted him, now he's even bigger. Staal will get bigger no doubt, and not that he's week I just think we really need a talented and tough centre to go up against the Thornton's, Sundin's, Lecavalier's, Primeau's, Roenick's and so on.

Originally posted by Habby1197

Yeah that's true, I'm just tired of drafting string beans. I mean Komisarek was filled out pretty good when we drafted him, now he's even bigger. Staal will get bigger no doubt, and not that he's week I just think we really need a talented and tough centre to go up against the Thornton's, Sundin's, Lecavalier's, Primeau's, Roenick's and so on.

Yeah but Komisarek was older then most players in his draft (NCAA player) which partially explains why he was more developed (plus Komisarek is a freak of nature :-^ )

If Staal does fill out to 210-230 pounds he will be able to go up against (physically) the top centres in the NHL , myself though I wouldnt pick Staal if I had the #1 , I'd go for Horton... Anyways I dont even want the #1 pick , I'd rather keep the #10 and try to acquire a another 1st rounder in the 10-20 range...

Why acquire the #1 in a draft that doesnt have any rare-superstar talent at the top end? Why not instead acquire a 2nd first rounder so you can draft 2 solid star-potential players?

I guess the habs must really like Eric Staal.

Why acquire the #1 in a draft that doesnt have any rare-superstar talent at the top end? Why not instead acquire a 2nd first rounder so you can draft 2 solid star-potential players

I totally agree with you. I rather trade Ribs and our 2nd rounder from Philly for pick #20. That way we keep Hossa, Draft a Solid player at #10, probably a Dman, and then have a shot at Bernier at #20.