RDS: Brunet out

rafikz

Wow, just as he was finally getting better. Bouchard really didn't seem at the best position last year on the 3rd chair behind Demers and Crête. I thought he would use Jacques Demers' chair, but I guess RDS now has lots of options with all those ex-coaches. RDS could have done a better job with the 3rd analyst between the benches. Bouchard was there but never really integrated/part of the description. Would be much more interesting if his mike and headset was always on so he can comment live as if he were on the rafters with Houde and sic-Brunet, instead of after the break when the action is dead.

I wonder if Brunet will have a different post or if he's simply out. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a request from Brunet. It's not easy always being on the road. He did that as a hockey player.. lots of fun. But maybe he didn't have that much fun and asked to have a stay-in-Montreal job. we'll see I guess

Also Gros bonhomme, boulette canon and Briere a marqué contre Montreal on est contents pour lui

Well there goes that drinking game lol.

I feel a bit bad for Brunet; I thought he was at least slightly improving, and it's not as though he was given lots of time to grow into the job. As much as he's been demonized by RDS viewers, he was a true-blue Montreal Canadien who endured a career shattered by injury - I thought he deserved more basic respect than he received from the fans.

Having said all that, Joel Bouchard is 10X the analyst he is, so this does seem a good move. The real question is why Brunet was given the plum job in the first place.

I feel a bit bad for Brunet; I thought he was at least slightly improving, and it's not as though he was given lots of time to grow into the job. As much as he's been demonized by RDS viewers, he was a true-blue Montreal Canadien who endured a career shattered by injury - I thought he deserved more basic respect than he received from the fans.

Having said all that, Joel Bouchard is 10X the analyst he is, so this does seem a good move. The real question is why Brunet was given the plum job in the first place.

I think he improved quite a bit, but his problem was more a lack of coaching from RDS. They should have worked with him and obviously did not. It's like Bouchard. I like that guy. He has good looks and his a natural communicator, but obviously nobody has shown him how to work. IMO, he is much more friendly than Brunet with the players and it will backfire to him when the time will come to criticize their play.

I agree with Cucumber. Brunet was improving, but Joel Bouchard is definitely a step in the right direction!

Edited by Habsfan

• 2 weeks later...
I think he improved quite a bit, but his problem was more a lack of coaching from RDS. They should have worked with him and obviously did not. It's like Bouchard. I like that guy. He has good looks and his a natural communicator, but obviously nobody has shown him how to work. IMO, he is much more friendly than Brunet with the players and it will backfire to him when the time will come to criticize their play.

What I couldnt get used to was during the Habs Caps PlayOff when he woould pronounce the Caps' Coach's name "BGRRuce BouGdGRRO"

What I couldnt get used to was during the Habs Caps PlayOff when he woould pronounce the Caps' Coach's name "BGRRuce BouGdGRRO"

Brunet was trying too hard to do well, sometimes

So much that he could be a Debbie Downer

Final buzzer of game 7 vs Washington: " Halak wasnt as great as in game 6, but still good"

Game 7 vs Pittsburgh, Moens scores, its 4-0, we are all like "LOL WTH woo-hoo"!, and Brunet: " Gonchar was bad on that play" Its almost as if he felt bad for the Pens

(I did watch the games on CBC, but I DVRed Canadien Express on RDS)

Edited by rafikz

• 3 weeks later...