Habs Offseason Moves

huzer

I figured just starting a thread for Darche was ridiculous, so we can use this to keep track of the minor moves made by the team. ho hum, Darche is back for 1 year, 1 way contract at $550K.

MONTREAL – Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced Tuesday the signing of forward Mathieu Darche to a one-year contract (2010-11). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532285

Players re-signed:

Darche: 1yr $500k

Pyatt: 1yr $500k

Lapierre: 1yr $900k

Wyman

Carle

Desharnais

Pouliot: 1yr $1.375M

Plekanec: 6yr $5M

Desjardins: 1yr $550k

Players added:

Auld: 1yr $1M

Boyd: 1yr $650k

Avtsin

Edited by huzer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad move, Darche was pretty reliable 12 or 13th forward, works hard, forechecks ok. Took a pay cut to stay.

he can also be easily waived to Hamilton without much worry of someone picking him up.

good deal. Not too much money and hes a good player. He fills those needs if there is an injury and is good enough to be a third or fourth liner.

smart move, home boy with experience, very cheap. good 13th forward. Didn't like his playoffs at all, but showed some good flashes in the regular season.

Yup. Just what you want in a marginal player: lots of character and experience. He usually makes the smart, simple play but he was obviously overused in the playoffs. Good little asset.

It appears the original report may have been off a bit (by $50,000), the deal is for reportedly $500,000 (still 1 way). Both TSN and RDS are using that figure. Still looking into it despite about 50 other things on the go...

It appears the original report may have been off a bit (by $50,000), the deal is for reportedly $500,000 (still 1 way). Both TSN and RDS are using that figure. Still looking into it despite about 50 other things on the go...

Figured getting a one way deal at age 33 was enough for him to sign at league minimum. What a great story he was this past year... local boy makes good.

Figured getting a one way deal at age 33 was enough for him to sign at league minimum. What a great story he was this past year... local boy makes good.

Darche was the Habs best player for a few weeks when we were decimated. Good signing.

From H I/O:

RDS reports that the Canadiens have made qualifying offers to four restricted free agents: goalie Carey Price and forwards Maxim Lapierre, Tom Pyatt and Sergei Kostitsyn.

Benoit Pouliot, the team's other RFA, has not yet received an offer. The Canadiens have until next Monday to do so, if that's in fact what they choose to do.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/

Well, they have more RFA's than that: Trotter, Desharnais, Carle, Desjardins, etc. I'm sure more names have received offers, or are going to. Not much to read into here.

Maybe they're set to announce a new deal for Pouliot in the next day or so, not having needed to submit a QO.

Even if Sergei bolts KHL, wich will probably happen, retaining his right seem useless to me.

He is a 6th round player with a bad attitude reputation and no sign of improvement. And coaches,

even Carey Price !sic have tried everything to teach him professionalism.

Pouliot case is what i watch more than prospects. I suspect many minor trades. If nothing comes out

this week end Pouliot will be signed Monday.

Beau Bennet and Mac Bennet are not related but will be on the habs family soon.

Even if Sergei bolts KHL, wich will probably happen, retaining his right seem useless to me.

He is a 6th round player with a bad attitude reputation and no sign of improvement. And coaches,

even Carey Price !sic have tried everything to teach him professionalism.

Pouliot case is what i watch more than prospects. I suspect many minor trades. If nothing comes out

this week end Pouliot will be signed Monday.

Beau Bennet and Mac Bennet are not related but will be on the habs family soon.

What if Sergei goes over to the KHL and finishes top 5 in scoring in 2 years?

Then he comes back and goes wherever he wants. You give him a qualifying offer and he becomes

your trade asset. It is stupid not to give him an offer to retain his rights.

Edited by Wamsley01