Habs Offseason Moves

huzer

What if Sergei goes over to the KHL and finishes top 5 in scoring in 2 years?

Then he comes back and goes wherever he wants. You give him a qualifying offer and he becomes

your trade asset. It is stupid not to give him an offer to retain his rights.

Yep. People forget that Sergei has some bona fide NHL-level talent. It's his brain that is messed up.

And if you want to see HOW messed up, read this interview:

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/canadie...lak-latendresse

Let's see. He says that the Halak trade is a big mistake because Halak 'showed all season that he is stronger than Price;' that Chipchura and Latendresse are proof that 'management doesn't know how to handle young players;' and that his being benched had 'very little to do with me' and was an arbitrary decision by a coach who maybe 'doesn't like my face.' So in one fell swoop he manages to insult management, coach, and Price, while refusing to take the slightest responsibility for his own performance.

This might be the most contemptible set of public claims from a habs I've seen in a long time. What a pr*ck!!!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. People forget that Sergei has some bona fide NHL-level talent. It's his brain that is messed up.

And if you want to see HOW messed up, read this interview:

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/canadie...lak-latendresse

Let's see. He says that the Halak trade is a big mistake because Halak 'showed all season that he is stronger than Price;' that Chipchura and Latendresse are proof that 'management doesn't know how to handle young players;' and that his being benched had 'very little to do with me' and was an arbitrary decision by a coach who maybe 'doesn't like my face.' So in one fell swoop he manages to insult management, coach, and Price, while refusing to take the slightest responsibility for his own performance.

This might be the most contemptible set of public claims from a habs I've seen in a long time. What a pr*ck!!!

And in the interview he blames Price for talking to the media too much...

My fear is there maybe nobody even KHL would want him.

It's like calling back a crazy ex girlgriend as an option but if nobody else takes her

your stuck with the trouble even in AHL.

My girlfriends are not AHL caliber :B) .

My fear is there maybe nobody even KHL would want him.

It's like calling back a crazy ex girlgriend as an option but if nobody else takes her

your stuck with the trouble even in AHL.

I think the KHL would be happy to get any NHL players. Besides, they might think (and they would probably be right) that it would boost the chances of them ever getting Andrei.

If he bolts to the KHL, don't we get any kind of compensation.

Yes. We get the massively satisfying peace of mind that comes with being parted from a psycho whiny head case piece of crap.

Yes. We get the massively satisfying peace of mind that comes with being parted from a psycho whiny head case piece of crap.

I want the "massively satisfying peace of mind that comes with being parted from a psycho whiny head case piece of crap" that comes with the afterglow of trading the aforesaid PWHCPOC to the Maple Laughs for picks or a useful player.

What, an asset like how Perezhogin is a hot trade asset for us now? Guys that go to the KHL are virtually worthless.

Obviously, Gauthier must believe he has some trade value still left in him. I expect him to be moved. If he goes to the KHL and becomes a top 5 scorer, no one will want to pay to bring him back, since he's unproven at this level (except his top marks in jackassary).

I really liked what Sergei could have been. But he chose not to be that player.

What, an asset like how Perezhogin is a hot trade asset for us now? Guys that go to the KHL are virtually worthless.

Obviously, Gauthier must believe he has some trade value still left in him. I expect him to be moved. If he goes to the KHL and becomes a top 5 scorer, no one will want to pay to bring him back, since he's unproven at this level (except his top marks in jackassary).

I really liked what Sergei could have been. But he chose not to be that player.

So are you implying that Alexander Radulov is worthless?

Every case is different. Why run the risk of allowing a player to leave scott free and return to the NHL

in 2-3 years and bite you in the ass when with a simple qualifying offer you retain his rights no cost to you?

Alexander Radulov was a good, turning very good NHL player who the Preds wanted back. That's a lot different than a guy that was barely (if at all) established as a depth guy jumping ship.

Perezhogin IS a very good KHL player, BTW. It's not like he's flamed out over there. That's why I used him as the example.

Alexander Radulov was a good, turning very good NHL player who the Preds wanted back. That's a lot different than a guy that was barely (if at all) established as a depth guy jumping ship.

Perezhogin IS a very good KHL player, BTW. It's not like he's flamed out over there. That's why I used him as the example.

It burns my bacon that Carbo drove that guy out of town. Yet another casualty of the Gainey-era failed rebuild.

Heh another american...

So we should be able to predict the remaining picks. A Russian who has also been drafted by the Russian army, the smallest forward they can find, a middle of the pack goalie and the last pick a player out the quebec junior league so it appears they are not neglecting French content rule. Just having fun, it's going to be a long day!

Habs sign Tom Pyatt to a 1-year deal per TSN

I'm very happy the kid is back.

A longer deal might have been preferable, but at least he's back. :clap:

I for one am really surprised to see Moore being allowed to walk. So it turns out we traded a second round pick for a useful but middling rental after all. Is it worth losing the pick for an extra two playoff rounds? Mixed feelings on that one from me.

I for one am really surprised to see Moore being allowed to walk. So it turns out we traded a second round pick for a useful but middling rental after all. Is it worth losing the pick for an extra two playoff rounds? Mixed feelings on that one from me.

If they sign Malholtra or Belanger, that's an upgrade. The second rounder is already gone, so there's no use in signing Moore just because you gave up something for him.

If they don't sign an upgrade, then I don't see why they're letting him go.

If they sign Malholtra or Belanger, that's an upgrade. The second rounder is already gone, so there's no use in signing Moore just because you gave up something for him.

If they don't sign an upgrade, then I don't see why they're letting him go.

If they really want Eller to play center, I guess. Moore would make for an expensive 4th line C.

The reason 1 year is preferable? It's one year at $500k, the league minimum. It's a one way deal, so Pyatt will be happy with that security.

Next year, if he's still playing well for us, would be the better time to give him some term. We gave O'Byrne term after 1/2 a NHL season, and that blew up in our face, so I support this way of doing things.