Habs Offseason Moves

huzer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never draft a goalie in the first 10 pick. Only montreal was stupid to draft Price while leaving behind other great players. We have a ton of goalies to chose from and that are already in our organization but that was Bob Gainey's stupid 5 year rebuilding plan. What a joke!!! :clap:

I literally cringed when I read that drivel. C'mon, was it really that bad a mistake? The dude is still way young, as has been discussed oh, about 5000 times on this site.

Wonder where Avtsin will play. His right used to be hold by the Montreal Junior in the QJMHL, but not anymore since they dropped him to draft another European player (only 1 per team allowed).

Wonder where Avtsin will play. His right used to be hold by the Montreal Junior in the QJMHL, but not anymore since they dropped him to draft another European player (only 1 per team allowed).

Is it down to 1 in the Q? I know in the OHL you can have 2 import players. I would assume that by signing him, it's Hamilton or Montreal though.

Well this is good news. When is Avtsin coming over to play here!?!?!

Edited by Habsfan

Well this is good news. When is Avtsin coming over to play here!?!?!

He's already here, will be at training camp and likely in Hamilton in October. He had no contract of any kind before signing this one, so he's now in the system.

Wasn't his arm destroyed by a career risk injury last year ??

So who's on the fwd top list to make the team ?

Eller

Paccioretty

Avtsin

Trotter

Palushaj

Desharnais

White

Looks like pretty good prospects to me.

Wasn't his arm destroyed by a career risk injury last year ??

So who's on the fwd top list to make the team ?

Eller

Paccioretty

Avtsin

Trotter

Palushaj

Desharnais

White

Looks like pretty good prospects to me.

Right now? Avtsyn would be the least likely to make the Habs out of camp. He and Palushaj have no chance. The others have varying degrees of chances.

You also forgot Ben Maxwell. Two of Eller, Pacioretty, Maxwell, Trotter, Desharnais and White will make the Habs out of training camp, barring a UFA being brought in or a trade made.

I literally cringed when I read that drivel. C'mon, was it really that bad a mistake? The dude is still way young, as has been discussed oh, about 5000 times on this site.

Agreed , you build from the goal out. We had a chance for a franchise calibre goalie. How many franchises fail due to their goaltending or win when they shouldn't.

Price was a good bet. If it pays off, we're way ahead.

Agreed , you build from the goal out. We had a chance for a franchise calibre goalie. How many franchises fail due to their goaltending or win when they shouldn't.

Price was a good bet. If it pays off, we're way ahead.

It certainly helps when the bookends of the #5 pick (Pouliot - 4, Brule - 6) have produced even less at the NHL level. No matter what happens with Price, those two may be considered bigger busts. Something tells me Price will get it together and the bust label won't be attached to him at all.

The Habs have since made it clear that they thought both Price and Staal were future franchise players. The scouts disagreed on which of the two to pick and Gainey/Timmons decided tht a franchise goalie is more valuable than a franchise Dman. This makes it clear they were picking what they thought was the BPA.

Edited by Peter Puck

Who's left? Price, Trotter and Russel. Have I left anyone out?

Nope, that's them all. Probably a minor league veteran D, and maybe a depth guy up front and that's it from the UFA pile, barring a big change in direction.

LOL What if Price says something like "I wont play another game for the canadiens so trade me right f**king now". Would be so typhical if the management would forget to get confirmation on if Price would want to stay a habs for a long time before trading Halak. If that would happen I wouldnt hesitate to ask for the entire management to lose their jobs.

LOL What if Price says something like "I wont play another game for the canadiens so trade me right f**king now". Would be so typhical if the management would forget to get confirmation on if Price would want to stay a habs for a long time before trading Halak. If that would happen I wouldnt hesitate to ask for the entire management to lose their jobs.

:lol: According to Price's agent Price was ecstatic when he learned that Halak, not him, was the one to be moved. (I guess everybody except us fans realized that one or the other was going to be gone). I don't think we have to worry about Price wanting to stay...but we may have to worry that he wants to be better paid than we'd like. :angry: As mao said of the historical importance of the French Revolution, though: too soon to tell.

BOOOORING !!!

Please sign Price for a ridiculously overpaid ammount of $ to bring some action in here !

Please, don't tempt fate.

Haha I can see Price thinking...every mistake I make (all goalies make them), I'm going to be booed cause of the playoff darling in Halak being moved...I need some more financial compensation haha. I mean, if Price signs for less to prove himself, is the fans going to treat him any different? I doubt it...since he's going to be shouldering the team (in Montreal it's the goalie as much as it shouldn't have to be), he should get paid like it.

In a perfect world we'd love to have Price signed at 4 yr/ $2m per...but that wont happen, and it's not fair fora young player to take on that responsibility for little pay.