Avtsin broken up with Dynamo ?

JoeLassister

I gotta admit I'm a bit ignorant about this player, anyone have any info on him?

Long story short, fell in the draft due to the 'Russian factor,' decent size and skills, played in the KHL this year and did reasonably well for a U-20 player. At this point, he looks like a steal as he has legit NHL potential.

He has a passion for the game ala Ovechkin, and plays a similar style to Ovie.

Now, I am in no way saying he will be as good as Ovechkin, these are just some things I have heard about him from a scout.

• 2 weeks later...
Now if Maxim Trunev would come over that would be even sweeter.

Trunev will be in N.A. next season by all accounts. Then again the ruskies do have ways of forcing players to stay (see Valentenko, Pavel)

Trunev will be in N.A. next season by all accounts. Then again the ruskies do have ways of forcing players to stay (see Valentenko, Pavel)

Yeah, like money or something. ^_^

If Avtsin is everything they say he is and wants to play here in montreal then we have ourselves a gem. However I have lost almost all my confidence with russian players because it's unlikely that they will play here unless it's the big apple or los angeles. To put it bluntly I would't be too overly optimistic that these russians will play here and if they do they wouldn't play with enough passion it's a new era now and it's also the new KHL.

Edited by nikohab

If Avtsin is everything they say he is and wants to play here in montreal then we have ourselves a gem. However I have lost almost all my confidence with russian players because it's unlikely that they will play here unless it's the big apple or los angeles. To put it bluntly I would't be too overly optimistic that these russians will play here and if they do they wouldn't play with enough passion it's a new era now and it's also the new KHL.

Umm how much passion did Lats show last year? How about Laps during the regular season???

Umm how much passion did Lats show last year? How about Laps during the regular season???

Passion means shit but if you're referring to their work ethic, neither of them are lazy players.

Your point is fair. It's not just the russian players with issues it's also the francaphone players that have a huge problem playing for their hometown. :rolleyes:

according RDS' Laps says he wasnt 100% during the reg. season, due to his off season ankle operation, hence his lack of speed, control and timing

Your point is fair. It's not just the russian players with issues it's also the francaphone players that have a huge problem playing for their hometown. :rolleyes:

I never understand that...I think with some francaphone players in montreal they are looked at by fans as God like and the player let it go to their head and party like rock stars...

I never understand that...I think with some francaphone players in montreal they are looked at by fans as God like and the player let it go to their head and party like rock stars...

I assume that your refering to Jose Theodore in particular. I think that he has matured since his divorce with montreal. During this years NHL awards Jose had mentioned the loss of his daughter which broke my heart. I think that Lecavalier would have been Quebec's hockey god if the trade would have gone through with tampa. :rolleyes:

I like this Avtsiin guy. He's got size, speed and skill. As far as him coming over to N-A...I'll believe it when he'll have A Habs jersey on his back!

I like this Avtsiin guy. He's got size, speed and skill. As far as him coming over to N-A...I'll believe it when he'll have A Habs jersey on his back!

He signed today so it's a good sign he's coming sooner than later.

He signed today so it's a good sign he's coming sooner than later.

I sure hope so. I just hope he won't turn out like Valetenko, Perezhogin, Emelin and others...