Something i dont understand

Partisan

Alexandre Giroux players...to a greater extend the ones who are in bests in AHL yet dont qualify for NHL. Hopefully Desharnais wont be that kind of player...

over 50 goals in AHL for Giroux. Hes 6'3'' and 195 lbs...

OK he's 29 years old...but why montreal didnt bother to sign him?

Oilers got him for 500k..

He never cracked up Washington lineup in last 2 years...i wonder why...really.

Alexandre Giroux players...to a greater extend the ones who are in bests in AHL yet dont qualify for NHL. Hopefully Desharnais wont be that kind of player...

over 50 goals in AHL for Giroux. Hes 6'3'' and 195 lbs...

OK he's 29 years old...but why montreal didnt bother to sign him?

Oilers got him for 500k..

He never cracked up Washington lineup in last 2 years...i wonder why...really.

He most probably got a 1-way contract, and half a million is I think a pretty steep pay to give to an AHLer. Oilers must think he has a decent chance to play in their NHL team next year. As for the Habs, I doubt they wanted to add a 500k salary in the minors, they surely have other type of roster spots to fill, so it is definitely not a priority for the Habs considering their tight budget right now.

He most probably got a 1-way contract, and half a million is I think a pretty steep pay to give to an AHLer. Oilers must think he has a decent chance to play in their NHL team next year. As for the Habs, I doubt they wanted to add a 500k salary in the minors, they surely have other type of roster spots to fill, so it is definitely not a priority for the Habs considering their tight budget right now.

He did get a 1-way deal. Giroux is a bigger version of Corey Locke, he can be elite in the AHL but can't cut it long-term in the NHL. If Edmonton's willing to pay him 500k to play in the minors, good on them, but the Bulldogs already are one of the highest payroll teams in the AHL (and soon to get higher), I'm sure they had no desire to add even more salary, even though he'd be a big help.

Giroux is like a AAAA player in baseball. Some guys can dominate the slower game of the AHL, but can't do enough at the faster NHL level to stick.

But there are guys that should get more of a leash. Jason Krog is one... he should be a permanent NHLer but for some reason he keeps getting sent back to the AHL. He's fast, decent defensively, and is great at faceoffs.

Giroux is slow, is he not? Same with Locke, same with Darren Haydar.

Giroux is like a AAAA player in baseball. Some guys can dominate the slower game of the AHL, but can't do enough at the faster NHL level to stick.

But there are guys that should get more of a leash. Jason Krog is one... he should be a permanent NHLer but for some reason he keeps getting sent back to the AHL. He's fast, decent defensively, and is great at faceoffs.

Giroux is slow, is he not? Same with Locke, same with Darren Haydar.

Of course he should. In NHL 2k6 when koivu got injured Krog scored 40 goals for me in just over 20 games. Hes a stud for sure.