Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Habsfan84

Official NBA Thread

Recommended Posts

Cavs are done

I thought they'd put up a better fight than they have so far. Not taking advantage of a struggling Curry/Thompson in Game 1 was a big opportunity squandered. But, those were road games and as we saw last round, they're a different team at home than on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time you saw two established star players dealt for each other and both of them hated the deal?   That's basically what the Kawhi Leonard/Demar DeRozan deal is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, dlbalr said:

When was the last time you saw two established star players dealt for each other and both of them hated the deal?   That's basically what the Kawhi Leonard/Demar DeRozan deal is.

Worked out pretty well for the Raptors so far. Also nice not having Lebron in the way. 

 

Raptors make the NBA finals for the first time in franchise history with yet another come from behind win over the Bucks. Heck of a series. Thursday will mark the first NBA finals game played outside the United States. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 100% guilty of being a bandwagon fan for the Raptors this season.  

 

I watched my first entire NBA game last week (game 4) and watched 5 and 6 as well.

 

So that makes 3 more entire games than the past 10 years :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Worked out pretty well for the Raptors so far. Also nice not having Lebron in the way. 

 

Raptors make the NBA finals for the first time in franchise history with yet another come from behind win over the Bucks. Heck of a series. Thursday will mark the first NBA finals game played outside the United States. 

 

Yeah, not having to face him certainly helped.  Milwaukee lacking deep postseason experience helped too - they were able to get flustered enough to allow the Raptors to hang around the last couple of games even when they went into one of their (several) shooting slumps.  They'll have to clean that up next round as Golden State isn't going to go that cold for that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though  Lowry made several great plays throughout the game,  I thought that he made some major mistakes yesterday as well, costing quite a lot for his team.

 

Also, totally thought that Leonard would drive the basket on the last play. Seemed like he had a chance but somewhat choked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowry was steady in the first half I thought but he slipped.  Same with Leonard who, aside from that quick run he made, seemed pretty quiet.  Now knowing that Durant won't be back, I wonder if that will affect either side.  There's no more 'wait until' now, something that was there for the first four games when Golden State really looked vulnerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE THE NORTH !!!

 

Sucks that  so many startes were injured for the Warriors though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

WE THE NORTH !!!

 

Sucks that  so many startes were injured for the Warriors though.

 

Ya definitely played a huge factor in the outcome of the series. A healthy Durant and Thompson could of meant a Golden State championship. When those two were not on the court it was a pretty simple plan for the Raps. Stop Curry. While Green was good he didnt have the same kind of impact and wasn't as great of concern to the Raptors. 

 

Nothing should get taken away from the Raptors Championship. Beat some great opponents this post season and could never count them out of any game. Great resiliency. Took Canada and the city by storm.

 

Now is the time to celebrate but they will have one big question this off-season. Can this season convince Leonard to stick around? The rest of the team will be relatively the same for next season before the following where a good group of their players become ufa's. If I were him I would take a one year max deal and stay in Toronto. Though I could see him trying to max out with years due to his injury history, I think you give the Raptors a shot next year within their window. At the end of next year you reevaluate and see if you like the direction they are going. He can always get to his preferred destination after that and still get great money if not more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Now is the time to celebrate but they will have one big question this off-season. Can this season convince Leonard to stick around? The rest of the team will be relatively the same for next season before the following where a good group of their players become ufa's. If I were him I would take a one year max deal and stay in Toronto. Though I could see him trying to max out with years due to his injury history, I think you give the Raptors a shot next year within their window. At the end of next year you reevaluate and see if you like the direction they are going. He can always get to his preferred destination after that and still get great money if not more. 

3

 

He's two years away from getting a boost in max salary (35% instead of 30%) so a two-year deal (or more likely a 2+1 deal with the 1 being an opt-out) may be the way to go.  One year would put him in line with the rest of their pending free agents (Lowry, Ibaka, and Gasol) but his max contract would still basically be the same at that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that Westbrook and Harden will run floors all over the league but one of the 2 wont be there in Houston next year. There are only so many touches they can each have in 48min of play but if they can figure it out, that inside outside threat will hurt!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ehjay said:

I have a feeling that Westbrook and Harden will run floors all over the league but one of the 2 wont be there in Houston next year. There are only so many touches they can each have in 48min of play but if they can figure it out, that inside outside threat will hurt!!!

 

When they were last together, Harden was clearly behind Westbrook in the pecking order.  That's reversed now and Westbrook is the number two option.  It'll be really interesting to see how that works out.  Westbrook not being a good three point shooter makes it a curious fit as Houston is all about distance shooting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

When they were last together, Harden was clearly behind Westbrook in the pecking order.  That's reversed now and Westbrook is the number two option.  It'll be really interesting to see how that works out.  Westbrook not being a good three point shooter makes it a curious fit as Houston is all about distance shooting.

true that! Westbrook so powerful to the hole that if that 3line is air tight against Houston, they are still gonna get points up on the drive. Something I think Rockets were lacking last year. Now is Harden and Westbrook gonna be okay with less touches a game? I guess we gonna see how much of a "panaceas" winning is. well,if they do that is :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ehjay said:

true that! Westbrook so powerful to the hole that if that 3line is air tight against Houston, they are still gonna get points up on the drive. Something I think Rockets were lacking last year. Now is Harden and Westbrook gonna be okay with less touches a game? I guess we gonna see how much of a "panaceas" winning is. well,if they do that is :D

 

I guess their offence will revolve around Westbrook pushing the tempo for a transition bucket or have him drive the paint and then start to swing it around to the shooters on the perimeter.  The West is going to be really interesting this season.  (The East, not so much...)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×