Goldenberg is gone.

JoeLassister

No doubt. Although it's a bit unfair to automatically count up injuries and fire the guy. I'd hope there's more to it - e.g., players unhappy with the results, coaches unhappy with team fitness/physical maintenance, simple personality conflicts, stuff of that nature.

And what is worse, that the majority of our injures were freak accidents.

Though Jaques Martin would be happy with the him due to the fact they worked together in FLA, but then again, this could be Pierre Gauthier making silly decisions again

And what is worse, that the majority of our injures were freak accidents.

Though Jaques Martin would be happy with the him due to the fact they worked together in FLA, but then again, this could be Pierre Gauthier making silly decisions again

Re: Scouts dismissed rationale?

Cost cutting ?

Will a replacement be announced?

How much does a scout or therapists makes. I'd bet it to be under 100k + travel expenses.

An organization needs those people. Can't be a cost cutting motive. I can't but assume their contracts were up and the organization is going to replace them eminently. I hope it will be through an open and competitive process, and not by hiring friends or relatives of management.

How much does a scout or therapists makes. I'd bet it to be under 100k + travel expenses.

An organization needs those people. Can't be a cost cutting motive. I can't but assume their contracts were up and the organization is going to replace them eminently. I hope it will be through an open and competitive process, and not by hiring friends or relatives of management.

Yes, the scouts thing remains truly bizarre. In a cap system good scouting is of the very essence. And...cost cutting? From the Habs, an organization that is basically a license to print money? :rolleyes: Like you, I hope we hear of some hirings in the scouting department fairly soon. More likely the whole issue will simply vanish and then the media will wonder why the Habs aren't drafting more effectively 2-3 years down the road.

From the Habs, an organization that is basically a license to print money?

not anymore.. the amount of heavy borrowing needed to purchase the team for $600+ million is staggering. Gillett bought the team for $180M and recouped every penny during the day-to-day operations, and sold it at great profit. Eventually the Molsons will recoup their money but it will take a while.

Edited by fromage

Sounds like (once again) it's not the PLAYER'S fault............ :rolleyes: .

They're the one's who have to want to put the time/effort in to train; guess the next guy going to have to hold a gun to the players head while training....

With our laid back prevent defense how can they be out of gas? 5 guys on our blueline, limited forecheck...etc

Yea, injuries had nothing to do with it, most were from blocked shots.

As Saskhab said, they coaching staff was less then impressed with the conditioning of most of the players.

They are suppose to be a skating team, hard to do when your out of shape.

Yea, injuries had nothing to do with it, most were from blocked shots.

As Saskhab said, they coaching staff was less then impressed with the conditioning of most of the players.

They are suppose to be a skating team, hard to do when your out of shape.

it piss me off that these guys get paid shitload of money and cant show up to camp in shape......

it piss me off that these guys get paid shitload of money and cant show up to camp in shape......

It could simply be the training regimen/diet they were put on. I assume these guys were in way better shape than the 99% of athletes, but perhaps certain areas were a little less emphasized than what the coaches wanted. We're really talking about very fine details here... it's not like these guys were couch potatoes trying to get back into shape, they were probably just 5% behind where the coaches wanted them, and behind other teams as a result. We're talking about comparing these guys to the best of the best.

If the players follow a regimen to a tee that doesn't get results, is it their fault? That's like blaming the patient for taking a perscription that's ineffective.

Well when players were still praising Scott Livingston during the year where Goldenberg was here...you tend to wonder what impact he's done....enough to be fired.

I dont think it's a financial consideration as they will surely name a replacement

Maybe there's a Molson nephew who's just graduated university looking for a job..................

Youppi will be next year's Conditioning Coach... And Guess who will be inside Youppi? Yeap Jeff himself! cutting 3 jobs with just one middle finger!... he is a Mastermind at business! ^_^

Seriously, this team is losing assets in management.

The biggest lost was Guy Boucher he had to be next coach, probably

the best hockey IQ in theory and in action.

Pierre Boivin, well, ask Georges Gillet how much money this guy made

him make. He could sell because he understood his market.

Julien Brisebois has been Gainey right hand men before taking full act of

Hamilton GM and having success building a core of players able to win and develop.

Goldenberg well i don't know him but changing players fitness program all the time doesn't

help them much. Who knows how many douvle triple chin Spacek will bring at the camp ?

Looks to me like Gauthier and Martin agreed to let every good asset in management so they are

not challenged within their own team. They are dead wrong there, if they screw up, it will be

their head people will ask anyway. It will just be somebody else coming with lesser qualification-talent

than Boucher and Brisebois.

The team was sold. Inevitably, change happens. Just goes to show how Montreal is, how many other fans of teams out there would even KNOW the name of a fitness coach or the fact that he was hired/fired. Non issue to me. Livingston left last year, they tried this guy and obviously didn't like what he brought to the table. Maybe Spacek showed up with a "double chin" because of this guy?

Overreacting a bit that they are "letting go every good asset in management". Brisebois is still in the organization. As far as being Gainey's "right hand man", he was the contracts/capologist guy in Montreal and had nothing to do with player evaluation/management/etc. A lot of those decisions are made above Gauthier and Martin. So now we've gone from bad asset management in regards to players, to bad asset management on the management front. :rolleyes:

Hmm no that doesn't make Gauthier and Martin's job safer.

In fact, I would not be surprised if Gauthier is replaced soon.

Think about it. If you buy the Canadiens and you take the place of the president, how long until you replace the key people in your organization with your choices, according to your own philosophy?

Now, why haven't we heard about replacements for the employees like Boucher, Goldenberg, the scouts, etc.? To me it is because the hiring manager was told to hold on. When you lose your hiring and management "powers", it is because your days are counted. It is not a coincidence Molson steps in as President at this time. Once the chain of command is reset, with a new management team, then we'll see hirings in the scouting department, in the coaching staff and in the other key employees around the team.

Now if I'm Julien Brisebois who lived the dream out of University of Montreal Law school, as a contract expert/GM-asst to A. Savard and then Gainey, it would make sense to jump on an opportunity to raise your profile and move to another city especially when you're starting to get respected, and especially if you smell that you might be getting replaced anyways.

Didn't take long to find Goldenberg's replacement as Pierre Allard is the new strength and conditioning coach.

Any info on the guy?