Goldenberg is gone.

JoeLassister

Any info on the guy?

He currently holds the same position with the QMJHL's Rimouski Oceanic (2 years). According to this article, it's unknown if him joining the Habs will force him to resign his post with the Oceanic. For the Habs' PR sake, I hope this was just the writer hoping he wouldn't leave.

Here's a headline (if he stayed on): Habs hire part-time conditioning consultant ... just doesn't have a good spin to it, does it? :)

He currently holds the same position with the QMJHL's Rimouski Oceanic (2 years). According to this article, it's unknown if him joining the Habs will force him to resign his post with the Oceanic. For the Habs' PR sake, I hope this was just the writer hoping he wouldn't leave.

Here's a headline (if he stayed on): Habs hire part-time conditioning consultant ... just doesn't have a good spin to it, does it? :)

No it doesn't. And if that's the situation it should definitely start raising serious alarm bells about the extent to which the Molsons are penny pinching on all the essential, behind-the-scenes elements that separate great franchises from crappy ones.

No it doesn't. And if that's the situation it should definitely start raising serious alarm bells about the extent to which the Molsons are penny pinching on all the essential, behind-the-scenes elements that separate great franchises from crappy ones.

Can't imagine it's only part-time... if he was the Montreal Juniors guy, he could do both jobs at the same time, but no way with Rimouski, I'd have to believe.

• 1 month later...
How much does a scout or therapists makes. I'd bet it to be under 100k + travel expenses.

An organization needs those people. Can't be a cost cutting motive. I can't but assume their contracts were up and the organization is going to replace them eminently. I hope it will be through an open and competitive process, and not by hiring friends or relatives of management.

Oops :unsure:

Off topic but Pierre Boivin's son has been named Asst General Manager...

Do people still think that Boivin is being forced out of the presidency?

Seriously yes. I think Geoff wants the job and that there is not such a "prestigious" job left in the organisation so Boivin quits and will find another big job with a big company somewhere.

Oops :unsure:

Off topic but Pierre Boivin's son has been named Asst General Manager...

Oh dear.

Maybe he's the best possible candidate...but it sounds suspiciously like the Habs have become the Montreal Nepotisms.

RDS corrected its earlier report and now says Patrick Boivin is gonna be the director of hockey operations, won't have GM-asst tag.

Pretty funny that the news comes out the day after the son of Alouettes' president Larry Smith is dismissed from his functions as director of corporate marketing