Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I'm listening to the play by play of the Leafs game after MLT just beat Buffalo, and one of the Leafs announcers on the Toronto broadcast just said and I quote, "I just don't believe the habs yet 'cause you never know how they win every night, there's no one guy." The other guy pipes up that it's "special teams". Ya think? Wrong. Sadly we only scored 2 PP goals tonight and 3 at even? Radio challenged broadcasting... much like the Leaf's team.

They went on to say you can't use shot percentage as a good statistic 'cause most of the shots on (Florida) Ed Bel were into his bread-basket. Is there a stat for the loser constantly shooting the puck into that bread baset?

As long as there's corporate money (which could care less about the true fans of the game), there will always be this crap in Toronto Hockey.

...Must have been the PP that killed the Leafs tonight... Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad excuse for a mediocre team and second-rate broadcast crew.

Face it, the Leafs need a major face lift, or a miracle. ...oh wait... John Fergies raising his hands... I think he's gonna' part the ice...

Sad, sad, sad... and laughing...

J

I'm listening to the play by play of the Leafs game after MLT just beat Buffalo, and one of the Leafs announcers on the Toronto broadcast just said and I quote, "I just don't believe the habs yet 'cause you never know how they win every night, there's no one guy." The other guy pipes up that it's "special teams". Ya think? Wrong. Sadly we only scored 2 PP goals tonight and 3 at even? Radio challenged broadcasting... much like the Leaf's team.

They went on to say you can't use shot percentage as a good statistic 'cause most of the shots on (Florida) Ed Bel were into his bread-basket. Is there a stat for the loser constantly shooting the puck into that bread baset?

As long as there's corporate money (which could care less about the true fans of the game), there will always be this crap in Toronto Hockey.

...Must have been the PP that killed the Leafs tonight... Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad excuse for a mediocre team and second-rate broadcast crew.

Face it, the Leafs need a major face lift, or a miracle. ...oh wait... John Fergies raising his hands... I think he's gonna' part the ice...

Sad, sad, sad... and laughing...

J

well, there really is 'one guy'... his name is cristobal huet...

without him, whatever scoring we get to do would never be enough in a super huge majority of games...

GO :hlogo: GO!

well, there really is 'one guy'... his name is cristobal huet...

without him, whatever scoring we get to do would never be enough in a super huge majority of games...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Agreed, :clap: Huet is a huge part of our game, name a cup that wasn't rested partially on some monster between the pipes. My point is that these commentators and play-by-play guys (in TO) who talk and talk and talk... The visiting Florida play-by-play guys last night were very professional :D for a bunch of (only for comparison in years of hockey play-by-play) greenies compared to the trash spewing Toronto mic men.

Listen to the type of dreamland mouthwork they use all the time. ...If Sundin or his 'robin' Wellwood were actually truely great, they'd never shut up. Mats is traveling the record goal numbers, endlessly talked about as though he's the head of the next NHL goal scoring king generation... and I'm happy for him, but you've gotta' love those 80+ game seasons... some of these records were started with less games a year to play - even 20% less... take away 20% of MS's goals, he's a little above average. If a current Montreal player hasn't scored 15 in 25, he's not playing up to par and won't be a threat against the Leafs.

If we used that thinking, Lapierre is going to be the next Lafleur.

One article around TO and on the Leafs site recited how the leafs were all laughing and giddy at practice - a 3 game win streak will do that to you... as though they were back on track, ready to plow through to the cup since the slump 'was' over.

I can say I need more that all my fingers to list out all the leafs should fire, dump, flush, part with, trade, bury, and burn at the stake. Then they may have a cup team in a few years.

Anyone who wants to stand up and say giving John F. his option year was good is lost, and has no idea. He's done nothing. He even writes a boring blog. Sorry John, get out of the game you were never in...

Man am I nasty...

:hockey: + :hlogo: = :clap:

J

Anyone who wants to stand up and say giving John F. his option year was good is lost, and has no idea. He's done nothing. He even writes a boring blog. Sorry John, get out of the game you were never in...

DUDE! I totally adore JFJ, he's like my second favourite GM. I hope he never stops screwing up the laffs! :lol:

Yup, anybody whio screw the leafs is a good good man in my books.

This was just to tempting...

WOW!!! if you check out the Leafs web page, they've started registration for kids hockey camp. And they say spots will fill up early... :lol:

I don't doubt it cause there's about 23 guys (all too old to register, but...) that really need to attend already. It will give them something else to do besides early spring and summer golfing.

...sadly there are no pro's playing in the NHL who want to go to a toronto hockey summer camp to show the leafs how to skate...

Again, JFJ will step in and run the drills... (unless he's relieved of duty before that) He's got such foresight and a brilliant mind set. If all works out, these kids could be future leaf stars... or the NHL's if they go to a real camp elsewhere...

never letting up on the anti leaf dogma...

J

Edited by jtvoxboi

This was just to tempting...

WOW!!! if you check out the Leafs web page, they've started registration for kids hockey camp. And they say spots will fill up early... :lol:

I don't doubt it cause there's about 23 guys (all too old to register, but...) that really need to attend already. It will give them something else to do besides early spring and summer golfing.

...sadly there are no pro's playing in the NHL who what to go to a toronto hockey summer camp to show the leafs how to skate...

Again, JFJ will step in and run the drills... (unless he's relieved of duty before that) He's got such foresight and brilliant mind set. If all works out, these kids could be future leaf stars... or NHL's if they go to a real camp elsewhere...

never letting up on the anti leaf dogma...

J

LOLLL tooo funny :lol:

i said it quite emphatically a couple of weeks ago when the leafs were deeply mired in their slump that habs fans had better not hold their breath about seeing them slide down to standings oblivion...

Talk about Jekyll and Hyde with T.O. I think Maurice had them super elevated at the start and now they have come back to earth. I doubt they will tailspin down to the basement but their pattern (if it continues) means GOLF LEAFS GOLF.

You're allowed to drop 7 once, maybe twice - but 3? Then you're playing with hell fire :lol:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Our lead on Toronto is now double-digits:

Montreal - 47 points

Toronto - 37 points

... and we have a game in hand.

Keep pouring it on, boys!!

Hopefully the Leafs can lose to the fairly hot Blackhawks tonight, come on Havlat score a hat trick.

Good job Chicago! Toronto will end 4th if they keep it up and will have to thank the awful senators for not being in the basement of the NE.

You should hear the classless comments coming from O'Neill and Maurice. They are complaining that Vandermeer took out "one of the leagues best players" (peca) by an "AHLer like Vandermeer". Hate to burst their bubble but Peca is far from one the leagues greatest and Vandermeer played 76 NHL games last year and all of this years...that's more games than Peca played. The brusing d-men even outscored Peca last year. Peca can thank his mate Tucker for the weak knee.

Nice win by CHi town but I do like Peca and never like to see a guy gte hurt unless he is a dirty player and a deterement to the league. I hope Vandermeer gets a long long suspension kneeing is a disgusting act.

Nice win by CHi town but I do like Peca and never like to see a guy gte hurt unless he is a dirty player and a deterement to the league. I hope Vandermeer gets a long long suspension kneeing is a disgusting act.

Not quite. He was only called for kneeing because Peca was injured and it automatically got him ejected. Watching the replay...you will see that Vandermeer was looking to hit peca squarely with his shoulder but Peca tried to hop out of the way and their knees collided. He did not go for his knee.

I saw the game and replays as well, no attempt to injure (kneeing motion) Peca just tried to get out of the way..... I guess he should have taken the hit instead.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt either......imagine if that was a habs player? There would be people in here screaming for a suspension.. But I don't think a suspension is warranted in this case.

Edited by kenadian

NOw that I reviewed the replay you guys are correct their appears to be no intent just bad luck I guess. But stilll never like to see a hard working clean player get hurt. Get well soon Mike.

Not quite. He was only called for kneeing because Peca was injured and it automatically got him ejected. Watching the replay...you will see that Vandermeer was looking to hit peca squarely with his shoulder but Peca tried to hop out of the way and their knees collided. He did not go for his knee.

I haven't seen the replay but if what you guys say is what happened then Peca should have taken the hit ... sound like he exposed his limbs when he should have just taken the hit in the shoulder / chest ... I think that most of the time it's safer to take the hit than try to avoid one.

• 2 weeks later...

This is something short and funny... even thought of making a new thread about it but nahhhh

anyways this a reply from a very good friend of mine who unfortunately ahd to leave Vancouver and move to Ottawa and worse he is is Leaf fan ... So in a multi-sent email I mentioned to a common friend about his leafs sucking and this is what he replied to me..

Hey Corvina

"Sure, kick a Leaf fan when he is down…I expect nothing else from Habs fan. Anyway, if you think the Habs are going to do anything in the playoffs with French goalie, an injury prone Finn as captain and a Guy who isn’t fit to hold Lafleur’s jock, you are crazier than Darcy Tucker."

then he adds somethinga bout a friend of ours than gets abck to me and says...

"And you my friend, where are you and what are your plans? Most importantly, when are you coming to Ottawa (and don’t tell me on your way to the habs’s Stanley Cup parade)"

The parade part is so funny at least for me!

Leafs will lose and will continue to lose until their ego deflates and they drop down to earth. Until they get rid of their "hockey capital of the world" blah blah blah "hockey hall of fame" blah blah blah "CBC/TSN" mentalities, they will suffer the curse of the Hockey Gods.

Meanwhile, righteous teams such as the Canadiens will prosper.