Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Just too funny, Leafs fans are all upset over Scott taking on Kessel and breaking the goon-code thing. If i remember correctly, wasnt it that sniper Orr who tried to take out Plekanec's knee last year and had all Leaf fans cheering?

If you were in Kessel's position, what would you do? Goon says he's going to jump you, he's much larger, and will probably beat you to a pulp. Just sit there and take it? Drop the gloves and hope not to die?

Here's the issue as I see it: the NHL allows this crap to happen, and they aren't consistent penalizing players for doing crap like this. Will the goon who attacked Kessel get 10 games? I mean, attacking someone who doesn't drop the gloves in the NHL means an extra 2 minutes for roughing and sometimes a little more depending on how bad the beating was.

In other words, what's Kessel to do? I can't blame him at all for his reaction. Not one bit. If the league isn't going to defend him, then he has to do it himself as he sees fit. And until the league decides to grow out of this bush-league fighting garbage, then you're always going to have guys using their sticks to defend themselves.

As for Clarkson. Dope. Everyone was taken care of on the ice, and he added nothing, nor helped his teammates in any way. Now he just hurts them.

If you were in Kessel's position, what would you do? Goon says he's going to jump you, he's much larger, and will probably beat you to a pulp. Just sit there and take it? Drop the gloves and hope not to die?

Here's the issue as I see it: the NHL allows this crap to happen, and they aren't consistent penalizing players for doing crap like this. Will the goon who attacked Kessel get 10 games? I mean, attacking someone who doesn't drop the gloves in the NHL means an extra 2 minutes for roughing and sometimes a little more depending on how bad the beating was.

In other words, what's Kessel to do? I can't blame him at all for his reaction. Not one bit. If the league isn't going to defend him, then he has to do it himself as he sees fit. And until the league decides to grow out of this bush-league fighting garbage, then you're always going to have guys using their sticks to defend themselves.

As for Clarkson. Dope. Everyone was taken care of on the ice, and he added nothing, nor helped his teammates in any way. Now he just hurts them.

First swing: totally understandable.

Second swing while Scott is getting smothered in Leafs bodies and is no longer a threat: cowardly and unnecessary.

The final spear attempt after the fights are over: pure chicken shit.

Plus, earlier in the week he'd already shown he was comfortable solving his problems by hacking at them with a stick. He's getting way too used to using a weapon against his opponents.

What should Kessel have done?

I got an idea. Don't skate up to Scott and put your hand towards him. To any goon, that's provocation.

Kessel does just that. There's zero justification for it.

Are goons rabid dogs or something? I didn't see Kessel do anything that warranted getting jumped.

Funny stuff on here :D

It's that third gratuitous slash from Kessel that really leaves me scratching my head. Whatever, he misses some preseason games and has learned absolutely no "lesson" from this meaningless punishment. Typical NHL.

Funny stuff on here :D

It's that third gratuitous slash from Kessel that really leaves me scratching my head. Whatever, he misses some preseason games and has learned absolutely no "lesson" from this meaningless punishment. Typical NHL.

If he gets suspended again, this one will qualify him as a repeat offender...

So at least there's that.

If he gets suspended again, this one will qualify him as a repeat offender...

So at least there's that.

He will proclaim himself a repeat defender and get another slap on the wrist. Superstars don't get hard suspensions unless they are Chris Pronger.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wearing a vintage knit sweater at work today. I guy says to me you know that shirt has a toilet seat on it. haha. I said, sure I know that but answer me this. If you are out in the woods, have a dump and have no toilet paper, what can you wipe your butt with. Just as his mouth formed the work leafs he realized what just happened and his jaw hit the floor. I walked away smiling.

I was wearing a vintage knit sweater at work today. I guy says to me you know that shirt has a toilet seat on it. haha. I said, sure I know that but answer me this. If you are out in the woods, have a dump and have no toilet paper, what can you wipe your butt with. Just as his mouth formed the work leafs he realized what just happened and his jaw hit the floor. I walked away smiling.

Nice! I'm gonna use that one.

As much as i rather dislike the Leafs , i have a lot of respect for what they do for the military.
Lupe's Heros recognized my cousin tonight at the game ... Great way to give back to the troops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As much as i rather dislike the Leafs , i have a lot of respect for what they do for the military.

Lupe's Heros recognized my cousin tonight at the game ... Great way to give back to the troops.

Is your cousin a leafs fan?

Tyler Bozak is back for Toronto tonight, this is what David Clarkson said about it:

"Any time you get one of the top players in the league back it definitely boosts your lineup"

In what world is Tyler Bozak among the top players in the league?

Boosted the lineup to the point hey are down 5-0 to Columbus

It ended 6-0 even though the Leafs only allowed 22 shots. Ouch.

Reimer's GAA went up 44 points (2.10 to 2.54) while his SV% dropped a whopping 13 points (.947 to .934). That balances out the 49 save game...