Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

• 3 weeks later...

So Kadri is now the one in hot water. After getting suspended by the coach for one game for showing up late (and not being ready) for a team meeting, Shanahan announced yesterday that he's sitting for two more games for off-ice reasons. I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation of what those reasons are.

And to make matters worse for them, they pulled off a late comeback to beat Buffalo last night.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

We're three games into the MLB season and the Blue Jays have twice as many road wins in 2015 than the Leafs do. Ouch.

and have the only player ever to sneeze and hurt himself

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can Leafs miss with pick #4, sorry to say they picked a good one with Morgan Reilly. Maybe they will take Marner and he turns out to be Corey Locke II?

Busts at #4 overall since 2005:

2005 Benoit Pouliot

2007 Thomas Hickey

Frighteningly, that's about it since '05. And this is a strong draft class. Leafs are going to get a stud.

Meh, let them.

In the 80s they got Russ Courtnall, Al Iafrate, Wendel Clark, Vincent Damphousse and Luke Richardson in five straight drafts. Didn't mean squat.

Once upon a time they drafted Alex Steen. Look what that did?

Meh, let them.

In the 80s they got Russ Courtnall, Al Iafrate, Wendel Clark, Vincent Damphousse and Luke Richardson in five straight drafts. Didn't mean squat.

Once upon a time they drafted Alex Steen. Look what that did?

IF the Leafs can walk their recent talk - i.e., building the right way, through the draft and player development, with top-flight people like Babcock in place - then in a few years they should be a very good team.

That's a big 'if,' because as far as I can see, their ownership structure is still f**ked up, still too many cooks in the kitchen - and still too much hysteria (and money) in the market making it very hard to resist the lure of quick fixes, big UFA signings, etc.. I'm not sure their structural problems have been solved. But hey, maybe they have. I'll worry about it in 3-4 years' time, when our current core is aging and theirs is hitting its stride.

• 2 months later...