GDT: Preseason "Round 1": Senators/Bulldogs

dlbalr

Tonight is the preseason opener for the Bulldogs as they take on the Binghamton Senators in their first game of what essentially is a 3-game mini series in Newfoundland. Today's game is at the Pepsi Centre in Corner Brook.

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

2009-10 leaders:

Goals: Brock Trotter (36)

Assists: David Desharnais (51)

PIMS: Ryan White (173)

+/-: P.K. Subban (+46)

Former Senators on the Bulldogs: Neil Petruic

-r105015%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

2009-10 leaders:

Goals: Ryan Keller (34)

Assists: Martin St. Pierre (48)

PIMS: Tim Spencer (141)

+/-: Geoff Kinrade (+27)

Former Bulldogs on the Senators: Andre Benoit, Corey Locke

Puck drop is at 6:30 PM EST (so listen before the Hab game gets underway) and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/.

Game Notes

Approximate lines for tonight from the parts of the game I've heard so far:

Wyman - Desharnais - Palushaj

Conboy - Engqvist - Avtsin

Masse - Dumont - Bonneau

Fortier

Nash - Carle

St. Denis - Bisaillon

Klubertanz - Urquhart

Petruic

Mayer (full game)

Delmas

Still 2-0 in the 3rd

So why didn't we see Avtsin for any Habs preseason games?

I think it was somewhat due to the fact that there would be some communication issues, the fact he may not have been 100%, and...your guess is as good as mine after that. :)

I think it was somewhat due to the fact that there would be some communication issues, the fact he may not have been 100%, and...your guess is as good as mine after that. :)

Martin answered a question about him earlier this week. He said that the organization was very satisfied with the young man. The reasons why he was not dressed for one of the pre-season games were diverse. First of all, he obviously was a little late getting in shape because of his wrist injury. There was also that communication problem, but management likes the fact that the young man is willing to learn english and making progress. His attitude is very good, but he is to learn the ways in North America and understand how the game is played here, and what the trainers expect from him. All in all, I would say that management doesn't want to rush him and that he was expected, all along, to learn his trade in Hamilton.