5th Annual Habsworld Season prediction contest

Peter Puck

5th annual HabsWorld points prediction contest.

Hall of Fame:

2006-2007 Jean

won with a prediction of 92 points when the Habs finished the year with 90 pts. If only we could have won that last game. mad.gif

2007-2008 Adirondack Bud

exactly predicted our final total of 104 pts.

2008-2009 Zowpeb

won by predicting a strong start followed by a slower 2nd half ending with 99 points. The Habs finished the season in 8th place with 93 points. On September 22, 2008 Zowpeb predicted "I think we'll see a rough patch just past the mid-year point... " Wow.

2009-2010 Joelassister

correctly predicted the Habs would finish with 88 points.

Honourable mention to kaos who predicted a season record of 39-34-9 (87 pts) while the Habs finished 39-33-10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than just predicting our regular season final points total, predict what the Habs regular season record will be. Also predict in what place in the East the Habs will finish. The winner will be the poster whose point total is closest to the Habs at the end of the season. Ties will be broken using the NHL tiebreaking formula. The place prediction will serve as a further tie-breaker.

Make you predictions before the beginnning of Thursday's season opener.

Edited by Peter Puck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. with my fingers crossed.. here's my kick at the numbers..

I'll bet it all ! on..

44-30-8 for 96 pts 6th in the East, 14th in the NHL.

GO HABS GO!

50-22-10 for 110 pts 1st in the East

Price dominates, Plex scores and Subban wins the Calder.

:hlogo: :clap: :hlogo:

I wish I could be as optimistic as all of you are but my prediction has the habs at 10th place in the east with 88 points which is a bit more optimistic that Red Fisher's prediction at 12th and last place in the east. Although the 3rd and 4th lines have improved we are still small up front and will have problems playing a full 60 minutes. Washington and Pittsburgh will be revengful and Toronto will always be bullies,Tampa Bay and other teams in the east have also improved.

Gotta keep it similar to last year's champ, joelassister

42-34-6 for 90 pts 9th in the East, 18th in the NHL.

nahh.. I'm feeling more pestimistic actually

38-36-8 84 pts /10th East, 18th NHL

Edited by sakiqc

47-29-6 , 100 pts, 1st Northeast, 3rd East, 6th NHL

Feelin' optimistic after how impressive we were in the PO last year :) I think they wont even need Price to be a top glatender but merely an average one to have a chance to win every night. Of course if he ends up a bottom 5 goaler in the league then they're is very little the other players can do to overcome that and the fans will revolt...