Scratches: Darche

Injuries: Markov, Hamrlik, Bishop, Russell

Team Stats/Notes:

Record: 0-1-0

Scratches: Godard, Engelland, Killeen

Injuries: Asham, Staal

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: CBC, RDS Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Anyone remember this?

Pittsburgh 7 - Montreal 3. Pittsburgh will have many things to prove in this game.

I hope you are wrong and I am sure we all fear that outcome.

The other side could be that they over try and make lots of mistakes because of it.

The pressure is on the Pens in this game, hope the faulter.

Letang publicly stated that the Pens now hate the Habs as much as they hate the Flyers and the Caps. In a way, I loved that comment - talk about respect. On the other hand, I shuddered at the thought of a ferociously mobilized Crosby-Malkin coming at us.

A good test for us, then. If we can respond and meet the Pens as equals, especially without Halak, we'll be making a statement that we really are a good team. If we end up getting rolled, then it will tend to confirm Crosby's bitter post-series remarks about the Habs getting massively outchanced and outplayed and not deserving to win - even though they have yet to face us with Markov.

Cammy will be pumped. Gio and Gomer will be looking to play for 60 minutes instead of 20 like last game. Kosty will be needing to make a statement. Subban will be his usual wild self. Eller can make the league start to sit up and take notice if he does something. This could be a debacle but it also could be great. :hlogo: Go Habs go!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Letang publicly stated that the Pens now hate the Habs as much as they hate the Flyers and the Caps. In a way, I loved that comment - talk about respect. On the other hand, I shuddered at the thought of a ferociously mobilized Crosby-Malkin coming at us.

A good test for us, then. If we can respond and meet the Pens as equals, especially without Halak, we'll be making a statement that we really are a good team. If we end up getting rolled, then it will tend to confirm Crosby's bitter post-series remarks about the Habs getting massively outchanced and outplayed and not deserving to win - even though they have yet to face us with Markov.

Cammy will be pumped. Gio and Gomer will be looking to play for 60 minutes instead of 20 like last game. Kosty will be needing to make a statement. Subban will be his usual wild self. Eller can make the league start to sit up and take notice if he does something. This could be a debacle but it also could be great. :hlogo: Go Habs go!

I'm not sure if we can put too much faith in what Letang says, he's becoming quickly renowned for saying idiotic things. That being said, the Pens will be hungry for a win in their new arena and looking for revenge for last year's playoffs. Conversely, I think the Habs will want to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and rebound from a "meh" performance in Toronto.

I think both teams will come out firing.

GO HABS GO!!!!

So excited for this game, this is gonna be epic!

Be sure to check out Topham's amusing preview here.

http://www.lionsinwinter.ca/2010/10/meetin...oo-preview.html

I especially like the ready-made excuses in the event of a loss :lol:

I know it's said half jokingly in the article, but the notion of forcing the center to use his wingers is not completely far-fetched. After all, when the likes of Dupuis, Tangardi, Kunitz and Comrie round out your top six, you know Malkin and Crosby are not especially well surrounded. They were already thin last year with Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky and Guerin in the mix, but now you could make the argument that the leafs have a better group of wingers. The Pens will certainly make the playoffs, but a few team's are easily ahead of them in the east. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I know it's said half jokingly in the article, but the notion of forcing the center to use his wingers is not completely far-fetched. After all, when the likes of Dupuis, Tangardi, Kunitz and Comrie round out your top six, you know Malkin and Crosby are not especially well surrounded. They were already thin last year with Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky and Guerin in the mix, but now you could make the argument that the leafs have a better group of wingers. The Pens will certainly make the playoffs, but a few team's are easily ahead of them in the east. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

To this day I don't understand why they don't trade Jordan Staal for an upgrade on the wings. Seems simple enough - deal from your position of strength (C ) - to address your weakness. They remain a strong club, but the 'Halak-stole-the-show' narrative covers up the reality of a beatable team.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I have watched a few of the game hilights from the playoffs, and as much as I miss Halak, I can't help but notice how many of his phenomonal saves were 2nd and 3rd saves. He really showcased his athleticism and won the hearts of many, including me, but what happens when this type of goaie has a off game. He gives the juicy rebound. Is way out of position and leaves a yawning cage for the oposition to tap in. That clip really shows a lot of that. I still miss him though.

typical Pens game. Lots of cheap shot crap from the Pens... Crying from Crosby, and the refs screw us.

How does Crosby cross check Price twice, then get up and hit gill when he is down.. and we get the only penalty.

and the fans are booing subban because he dares to try to hit Crosby or Malkin. Surprise surprise, after several get after him.. he is "accidentally" hit in the face with a stick..

I hope he is okay, comes back, and hits crosby into next year.

I can't understand how the Habs and Pens are doing the same crap after the whistle, heck the penguins are doing more and still no calls. It's not that I want calls, but there has to be some sort of balance on both sides and its just not happening.