GDT: Sens @ Habs

bar

I just can't see what Eller is doing wrong? He creates chances when he's on the ice, why does JM keep punishing him?

Not sure, but I did see Eller make 1 really bad play. Eller had the puck in the Sens end and there were 2 Sens blocking any shot but he took a shot anyway, which was of course blocked. PK was able to get to the puck 1st so it wasnt a turnover, but had the Sens got the puck 1st it would have been a 2 on 1 or even a 2 on none in Prices direction.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see that Price was not at his best tonight and still got the win. The crowd did not get on him after the third goal which showed that we've changed in our attitude towards him. That never happens for him. Also nice to see him get a win in Montreal. 8 months is a long time.

The power-plays helped, but what a dominating 3rd period!! Andrei looks great, a transformed player!! And we keep pace with the first place loafs.

this is Andrei's contract year. he's playing for a new contract. maybe we should just give him year to year contract. maybe we finally found a way to motivate him..

GO HABS GO!

Brilliant game, I'm a bit unhappy to see eller not get a second, third and fourth chance. if Subban gets forgiveness then this kid deserves it too..

GO HABS GO!

Th credit should go to Elliot for keeping the game close. The credit should also go to our defence for keeping the shots against very low. Make no mistake about it the Senators are a hell of a team with lot's of weapons. I like Jacque Martins system and the players are buying into it which is the biggest reason for our victory tonight. Who's next...... :clap:

And we keep pace with the first place loafs.

That just sounds wrong... first place and the Maple Laughs in the same sentence....is this a sign of the impending apocalypse?

Man I heard about this on Habsinsideout and just finished listening to the AK interview and seriously, one question from a reporter was such a hack job I had to comment on it:

Reporter: "how do you feel getting cheered and selected as a star of the game even though you're not french-canadian or one of the favourites?"

Is this seriously the level of journalism these days? I'm insulted as a consumer of media.

Man I heard about this on Habsinsideout and just finished listening to the AK interview and seriously, one question from a reporter was such a hack job I had to comment on it:

Reporter: "how do you feel getting cheered and selected as a star of the game even though you're not french-canadian or one of the favourites?"

Is this seriously the level of journalism these days? I'm insulted as a consumer of media.

I think this question was asked because fans vote for the statrs in the bell centre now. So French canadians and favorites will have a better chance of getting the star. But still... what a dumb question

I'm confused as to stars of the game.

With the fans voting are their votes the official votes? Who gets the final call on stars. Last week CBC and RDS had different stars listed.

I'm confused as to stars of the game.

With the fans voting are their votes the official votes? Who gets the final call on stars. Last week CBC and RDS had different stars listed.

I'm not sure that the fans' votes completely make up the 3 stars. For instance, if the game is decided in OT, the player that scores the GWG automatically gets the 1st star.

I believe that CBC chooses their own 3 stars of the game.

Great game by our boys last night. Carey would have lost this game last year, but this year, he didn't give up after that horrible 3rd goal. He stayed focused and made a huge glove save later on in the game!

AK46 seems like a changed man this year. He shoots often and isn't afraid to drive the net. I wonder how much the fact that he's in a contract year has to do with his level of play? It's good to see AK46 coming out of his shell a little!

I also find it unfortunate that JM decided to bench Eller after his mistake. He's a kid, he's gonna make mistakes, don't bench him for the rest of the game, he's learning!

I just can't see what Eller is doing wrong? He creates chances when he's on the ice, why does JM keep punishing him?

Because that is the Martin way. Vets can take stupid penalties with complete immunity from any sort of accountability or repercussions, but a kid will be nailed to bench. Even if the whole issue wis the kid is playing with guys that are so inferior in talent that it is making him ineffective. Eller needs to be playing with talented players or Martin will end up making him a bust as well. Don't know why if Pouliot and Eller on the 3rd or 4th lines, you wouldn't create a line with Pouliot-Eller-Laps and leave the true 4th liners on the damn 4th line! I remember the kid line the oilers had in the late 80's or early 90's and they were very effective!

I'm not sure that the fans' votes completely make up the 3 stars. For instance, if the game is decided in OT, the player that scores the GWG automatically gets the 1st star.

I believe that CBC chooses their own 3 stars of the game.

The CBC Poker stars were a joke. How AK46 would not be a 1st star is beyond me. As far as the reporters question about being voted despite not being french. An idiot reporter like that should be banned from the habs dressing from life for being an idiot and asking one of the most stupid questions in the history of sprorts journalism and I say journalism VERY loosely here!

Reminds me when I was in university and working for a student paper. I interviewed Guy Lafleur in his last year and thought I asked some good questions that were used in the article of the local media. During the interview session, the guy who hosted the Flames radio broadcast at the time - Jock Wilson (won't even comment on his dumb name - in calgary we have actually had another radio guy whose radio name was Joe Sports :wacko: ), asked Lafleur if had time to be a guest on his show and Lafleur said that he already had commitments after the game. Jock"'s response was, "how about if we give you a $100 to be a guest" I was a University student but couldn't believe a reporter could be so stupid and the look on the other reporters also was of disbelief as well.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Isn't it obvious that all racial statements always comes from ontario. The NHL's discplinary commissiion musn't let this one slide by but unfortunately they will becase they are of the same fold. It just gives credence to what I've always said about Ben Cole, Harry Neal,Don Cherry and the other cowards which hide behind their skirts. It's no wonder that Toronto and Ottawa has our number, can you imagine the critisism the player's must recieve when they lose against us from quebec. Now I understand why the francaphone public feels the way they do and I stand tall and proud by their side. :clap::clap::clap:

Epic vixtory. he team could had laid down and just accept the loss but they kept fighting and came from behind. I feel really good about this team, tough I cant wait for Markov to be back!

O and it seems I was wrong about Kovalev.. even against the Habs he dont seem to give a crap. Sens fas are really angry at him right now.

Edited by Jean

Isn't it obvious that all racial statements always comes from ontario. The NHL's discplinary commissiion musn't let this one slide by but unfortunately they will becase they are of the same fold. It just gives credence to what I've always said about Ben Cole, Harry Neal,Don Cherry and the other cowards which hide behind their skirts. It's no wonder that Toronto and Ottawa has our number, can you imagine the critisism the player's must recieve when they lose against us from quebec. Now I understand why the francaphone public feels the way they do and I stand tall and proud by their side. :clap::clap::clap:

What stmt are you referring to???

Great game by our boys last night. Carey would have lost this game last year, but this year, he didn't give up after that horrible 3rd goal. He stayed focused and made a huge glove save later on in the game!

AK46 seems like a changed man this year. He shoots often and isn't afraid to drive the net. I wonder how much the fact that he's in a contract year has to do with his level of play? It's good to see AK46 coming out of his shell a little!

I also find it unfortunate that JM decided to bench Eller after his mistake. He's a kid, he's gonna make mistakes, don't bench him for the rest of the game, he's learning!

In all honesty, what is the expectation on a "horrible goal"?

The goal Fleury gave up last Saturday is a horrible goal. The third goal last night was a top line player cutting to the

net and making a fool of Spacek while he lifted a backhand under Price's arm while he was moving laterally.

Does he need to stop that puck? In that situation with the expectations on him, yes we need him to make that save.

A goaltender should maintain the attitude that if it goes through me then I could have stopped it. So that goes for five

hole or under the arm, but it doesn't mean it is a bad goal. A quick release, the location of the puck on the stick, a good

fake, a screen or a tip can all lead to misjudging or whiffing on these type of shots.

Is it a horrible goal? No, that is the type of attitude that has lead to the fan base piling on him for nothing. I am sure

Price would love to have it back, but good players make good plays and score goals. Simple as that.

Price plays great and gets us points we dont deserve, then when Price has a just ok game the team wins it for him. Perfect timing of everything. Good start to the season, now all I want is for the leafs to start falling back down to earth.

Gorges is such a beast. I laugh thinking we got him for frikkin Rivet. O man, we sure robbed the sharks on that one. :lol:

His contract up after this season, isn't it? I really hope we keep him, he's such a stabilising presence for our D. Thankfully his lack of offensive production will limit how much dough he'll get, but he sure will get an interesting pay raise, be it from the Habs or someone else. I have no doubts he'll get snatched up real quick if we let him make it to UFA.

Gorges is such a beast. I laugh thinking we got him for frikkin Rivet. O man, we sure robbed the sharks on that one. :lol:

His contract up after this season, isn't it? I really hope we keep him, he's such a stabilising presence for our D. Thankfully his lack of offensive production will limit how much dough he'll get, but he sure will get an interesting pay raise, be it from the Habs or someone else. I have no doubts he'll get snatched up real quick if we let him make it to UFA.

Absolutely! I hope we avoid that going into the summer, worried we're going to lose him garbage. Why not give him, and the fans, a nice christmas gift. And sign him to a long term deal? He doesn't seem to be the type of player who only gives it his all in a contract year. And with the talk of his value in the dressing room, he's become a building block type of player.

What stmt are you referring to???

I was refering to your statement about a reporter asking AK of being voted depsite not being french. I did not personaly hear it but neither was it suprising coming out of totonto. As for Harry Neal and Bob Cole it was a game against toronto in toronto and as the refs were calling penalties against toronto causing montreal to take the lead in the game and that's when they both made a statment "They (refs) are doing it to us again." It's not right for any commentator to cheer for their team or make statements that demine other teams. It's so sick and ludicrous that they always get away with bullshit like that. As for Don Cherry well we already know all about him. :huh:

Because that is the Martin way. Vets can take stupid penalties with complete immunity from any sort of accountability or repercussions, but a kid will be nailed to bench. Even if the whole issue wis the kid is playing with guys that are so inferior in talent that it is making him ineffective. Eller needs to be playing with talented players or Martin will end up making him a bust as well. Don't know why if Pouliot and Eller on the 3rd or 4th lines, you wouldn't create a line with Pouliot-Eller-Laps and leave the true 4th liners on the damn 4th line! I remember the kid line the oilers had in the late 80's or early 90's and they were very effective!

I was wondering that too. I think that would be a great line. Halpern has been putting points up though. I think Laps, Eller, Pouliot would be a great line!

I was refering to your statement about a reporter asking AK of being voted depsite not being french. I did not personaly hear it but neither was it suprising coming out of totonto. As for Harry Neal and Bob Cole it was a game against toronto in toronto and as the refs were calling penalties against toronto causing montreal to take the lead in the game and that's when they both made a statment "They (refs) are doing it to us again." It's not right for any commentator to cheer for their team or make statements that demine other teams. It's so sick and ludicrous that they always get away with bullshit like that. As for Don Cherry well we already know all about him. :huh:

The guy that asked the question was french. It's on the canadiens website on nhl.com

The thing that bothers me the most about the toronto announcers is that they are doing it on cbc. cbc is publicly owned and is not a city network. Buffalo's announcer is pretty bias and i kind of like him. he's insane! it's really funny. most play by play guys are biased, but the cbc is grossly biassed toward toronto and those jerks get paid with my taxes!

Edited by BCHabnut

So Red Fisher thinks only the Gionta goal was memorable from this game... apparently dominating Ottawa over the final two periods, including outshooting them 16-2 in the 3rd period with the game on the line, isn't worthy of being remembered by the Habs, or being particularly positive. The Habs winning a game in which Price allows a softie is definitely memorable... it rarely ever happens.

So Red Fisher thinks only the Gionta goal was memorable from this game... apparently dominating Ottawa over the final two periods, including outshooting them 16-2 in the 3rd period with the game on the line, isn't worthy of being remembered by the Habs, or being particularly positive. The Habs winning a game in which Price allows a softie is definitely memorable... it rarely ever happens.

Which brings us back to the thread of lazy journalism.