2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

I remember someone (saskhab?) asking somewhere about if re-entry waivers would apply should the Habs trade Boyd. It took me a while, but I now have a definitive answer.

If Boyd is dealt and the acquiring team immediately sends him to their AHL affiliate, no.

If Boyd is dealt and the acquiring team wants him in the NHL, then yes, re-entry waivers are required.

The latter scenario last occurred (may have been the only time actually) when Vancouver dealt Mathieu Schneider to Phoenix. Phoenix wanted him up and had to put him through re-entry first.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brendon Nash, could somebody give a good idea of what

this player looks like and potential ?

If he was a 1st rounder his name would be there but only his stats

talks.

Points leader, 19, +11. 6.3 foot, 205 pounds.Shoots left.

Played in Cornell 4 years.

My take on Nash:

- Late bloomer, very under the radar

- Decent mobility

- Known at Cornell for his defence but can put up some points (plays on the PP)

- Has played with Carle for most of the year which explains the good +/-

- Not an overly physical blueliner despite his size

- Still raw, makes some bad decisions (what d-man doesn't though)

Overall, I think he has NHL potential but is still at least another full year away after this one.

My take on Nash:

- Late bloomer, very under the radar

- Decent mobility

- Known at Cornell for his defence but can put up some points (plays on the PP)

- Has played with Carle for most of the year which explains the good +/-

- Not an overly physical blueliner despite his size

- Still raw, makes some bad decisions (what d-man doesn't though)

Overall, I think he has NHL potential but is still at least another full year away after this one.

Pretty accurate- what I appreciate most is that it didn't cost us a draft choice and his assessment comes after a bigger body of work

Nash needs to learn to keep his stick in his hands. He dropped it last night vs Lake Erie when the Monsters were attacking in the Bulldogs end of the ice and his loss of the stick indirectly led to Lake Erie's first goal.

Just how important has Curtis Sanford been for the Bulldogs this year? From the Milestones page on the Bulldogs' forum:

ALL-TIME GOALS AGAINST AVERAGE

Curtis Sanford is the franchise leader with a 1.98 goals against average as a Bulldog.

ALL-TIME GAMES PLAYED

Curtis Sanford is in 8th place with 66 games played in net with the Bulldogs. Sanford's next game will tie him for 7th place with Joaquin Gage.

ALL-TIME MINUTES PLAYED

Curtis Sanford is in 8th place with 3644 minutes played in net for the Bulldogs.

ALL-TIME WINS

Curtis Sanford is in a tie for 4th place with 38 wins all-time as a Bulldog along with Jaroslav Halak.

ALL-TIME SHUTOUTS

Curtis Sanford is in a 3-way tie for 3rd place with 7 shutouts all-time with the Bulldogs along with Steve Passmore and Yann Danis.

ALL-TIME SAVES

Curtis Sanford is in 9th place with 1481 saves all-time with the Bulldogs.

ALL-TIME SAVE PERCENTAGE

Curtis Sanford is in 2nd place with an all-time save percentage of .925.

SINGLE SEASON GOALS AGAINST AVERAGE

Curtis Sanford currently leads the franchise with a 1.74 single season goals against average.

SINGLE SEASON SAVE PERCENTAGE

Curtis Sanford currently leads the franchise for single season save percentage at 0.938.

All-time leader in some categories, single season leader in others. That's why he's the 2nd highest paid goalie in the league...

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1877&start=80

Just how important has Curtis Sanford been for the Bulldogs this year? From the Milestones page on the Bulldogs' forum:

All-time leader in some categories, single season leader in others. That's why he's the 2nd highest paid goalie in the league...

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1877&start=80

God help us if we have to play Mayer. Delmas with another win in Wheeling, now 2and0. What is with Masse? Can we get rid of this guy at the end of year or is he someone's nephew?

God help us if we have to play Mayer. Delmas with another win in Wheeling, now 2and0. What is with Masse? Can we get rid of this guy at the end of year or is he someone's nephew?

I was semi hoping Rochester would have broke the shutout in the 2nd last night and that maybe Mayer would get a look in the 3rd with the game out of reach. He does have some potential, gotta find the right spots to use him though. Masse has 1 year left on his contract after this, he's fine for cheap minor league depth. The Habs signed him after a blistering year in the Q a couple years back.

Schultz (foot fracture), out 6 weeks, Conboy (knee), out 2-3 weeks, Fortier (upper body), out at least a week. Bulldogs recall Masse and Urquhart and will be icing a skeleton squad for a while pending some PTO's being signed.

Mathieu Carle named as a replacement for the upcoming AHL All-Star Classic. This means the Bulldogs will at least have 2 reps there as Sanford is the other. Desharnais and Pacioretty also named but won't play.

Very refreshing for someone to use the whole scale of grades. 3 F's and 3 A+'s make for a nice distribution.

I was happy that I agreed with him on most of the grades, despite not catching as many games as I usually do.

I was happy that I agreed with him on most of the grades, despite not catching as many games as I usually do.

I'm good with the grades as well. Delmas threw shutout last night for Wheeling. Basaillon is on 21day disabled list should be good to go around Valentines or shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...

The Skills contest for the AHL is today. Carle will be in the Hardest Shot and Breakaway Relay contests while Sanford will be in the Pass and Score and Breakaway Relay.

Full schedule of events (plus I think the results are noted here too): http://theahl.com/2011-skills-competition-p168900

Sanford has been a busy fellow. Dogs almost afraid to put Mayer in game. How long can it be before Delmas winds up here to spell Sanford off? Send Mayer down for a few games.

The Dogs are going to have to play their backup sooner or later...Sanford is going to get burnt out.

We are all damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

The Dogs are going to have to play their backup sooner or later...Sanford is going to get burnt out.

We are all damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Lammy, are you not aware what Delmos is doing? I think he has earned a shot. Wheeling might not be too happy with you. I believe what killed them last year was Sanford was overworked.

Correct...I have not heard anything about Delmas really since he was assigned to Wheeling. If he can help out the Dogs, I welcome his assistance.

He's now 8-0 with Wheeling with a 1.88 GAA, .941 SV%, and 1 shutout. He has allowed a total of 15 goals in his 8 appearances which is quite impressive.

He's now 8-0 with Wheeling with a 1.88 GAA, .941 SV%, and 1 shutout. He has allowed a total of 15 goals in his 8 appearances which is quite impressive.

All we are talking about is giving Sanford a little break. There is still alot of hockey left. I don't think you have anything to lose.

All we are talking about is giving Sanford a little break. There is still alot of hockey left. I don't think you have anything to lose.

Hamilton does have a back-to-back this week so they really need to get Sanford a night off. Delmas at least has played, though on the other hand, you don't want to start shuffling backup goalies back and forth. Even with Delmas' success, I think they'll stick with Mayer for now.

Wheeling just got their #1 goalie back so Delmas probably will be riding the pine unfortunately. David Urquhart was also sent down from Hamilton, which doesn't say a whole lot as they were carrying 8 over the past few weeks.