2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone shed some light on why the Habs called up Nash and not Carle?

Left shot (Nash) vs right shot (Carle). With Spacek/Gill out, the Habs only had 2 left shot d-men (3 now with Mara). I think Festerling would've got the call before both but he had missed the last game due to injury so he was basically ruled out.

Wheeling just got their #1 goalie back so Delmas probably will be riding the pine unfortunately. David Urquhart was also sent down from Hamilton, which doesn't say a whole lot as they were carrying 8 over the past few weeks.

Although Delmas finally has a loss, he has played better than Killeen. Eventually your number one goalie will be decided on by who plays best and not some pre-established pecking list. Not long ago Delmas was an after-thought playing for Wichita.

Wheeling just got their #1 goalie back so Delmas probably will be riding the pine unfortunately. David Urquhart was also sent down from Hamilton, which doesn't say a whole lot as they were carrying 8 over the past few weeks.

Delmas sat on pine and Killeen rewarded their fans with a 0-2 effort on the weekend,although the games were tight. Reminds me alot of a situation in Montreal about a year ago.

Delmas sat on pine and Killeen rewarded their fans with a 0-2 effort on the weekend,although the games were tight. Reminds me alot of a situation in Montreal about a year ago.

Pittsburgh is the primary affiliate so they have a lot of pull here. I'm sure they want their guy starting at all times possible, even if Delmas is on a bit of a hot streak.

Pittsburgh is the primary affiliate so they have a lot of pull here. I'm sure they want their guy starting at all times possible, even if Delmas is on a bit of a hot streak.

The same thing happened in Hamilton a few years back when we had a split affiliation with Dallas. Olivier Michaud and Yann Danis obviously received most of the starts while Dan Ellis sat and rotted on the bench....not that Ellis ever got himself on a hot streak with the Dogs....most of the time he stunk out the Dog Pound when he was given the opportunity to play.

I get all that. All I am saying is that sooner or later if you want any credibility at all, you have to play your best goalie no matter where he comes from. Gee, maybe you want a few fans come to the game.

I get all that. All I am saying is that sooner or later if you want any credibility at all, you have to play your best goalie no matter where he comes from. Gee, maybe you want a few fans come to the game.

The presence of a rookie ECHL goalie shouldn't be dictating whether or not fans come to the game. Heck, I don't think they announce who starts in advance anyway. One goalie is NHL affiliated, the other isn't. Such is life in the minors, especially the lower levels, NHL affiliated players get priority. This is why Delmas was sent to the CHL in the first place, it was known then he wasn't going to play much with Wheeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to mention it, Delmas was returned to Wheeling after MacIntyre was acquired, he's dressed as the backup tonight.

Neither goalie of late has had much luck in Wheeling. The roster has been churned over so much, it is hard to say who is playing any given night. Dlbair- when does Clear Day roster come out in Hamilton?

Neither goalie of late has had much luck in Wheeling. The roster has been churned over so much, it is hard to say who is playing any given night. Dlbalr- when does Clear Day roster come out in Hamilton?

Monday, Mar. 7, at 3 p.m. ET, exactly 1 week after the NHL trade deadline. It will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs try to swing a loan for another d-man. (I sure hope they do...)

Monday, Mar. 7, at 3 p.m. ET, exactly 1 week after the NHL trade deadline. It will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs try to swing a loan for another d-man. (I sure hope they do...)

Basaillon was up and going.Just off the top of my head, I think he had goal and assist the last game. Don't know if he would be of any value in Hamilton. If I recall right, Bishop and Nash showed up at development camp and were signed at the end of year. By the same token, and I have no knowledge of their availability,you could see the names Myles Harvey and Tanner House popping up. Just a thought.

Edited by BlueKross

Basaillon was up and going.Just off the top of my head, I think he had goal and assist the last game. Don't know if he would be of any value in Hamilton. If I recall right, Bishop and Nash showed up at development camp and were signed at the end of year. By the same token, and I have no knowledge of their availability,you could see the names Myles Harvey and Tanner House popping up. Just a thought.

I'd like to think Bisaillon could be useful for the Dogs but the coaches seem to like Petruic as an everyday player. I haven't quite figured out why yet though. :)

You raise a good point with Harvey and House having been at the camp in June, House is having another point-per-game year with Maine. Thing is, he'll be 24 next month. Harvey still has a couple years of NCAA eligibility left, but players sometimes can get persuaded to leave early. Patrick Johnson and Joe Stejskal have to be signed or let go this year, might see a guy like Stejskal get an ATO if the Habs are considering signing him. Jonathan Brunelle may be another option as he was at rookie camp earlier.

(As for whether Bishop/Nash were there last year, I can't say I remember and the Habs' site doesn't have the roster from last year's June camp on their site, just the press release.)

I just gone back through my records and I have both Nash and Bishop in development camp in 2009. Also there was Boivert, M. Testwuide and Quattocchi.

Yep - the Habs wanted to sign Testwuide last year but he went to Philly instead. Quattrocchi was at the camp this year too, no one thinks he's a legit prospect though (he's either related to or knows someone in management who lets him be the spare goalie in camp).

Yep - the Habs wanted to sign Testwuide last year but he went to Philly instead. Quattrocchi was at the camp this year too, no one thinks he's a legit prospect though (he's either related to or knows someone in management who lets him be the spare goalie in camp).

Actually Quattrocci was only in camp in 2009. I have Baumle,Blanchard and Gill as the free agent goalies in 2010 and Champion and Delmas were in rookie camp. I believe and it was probably in 2008 that both the Testwuide brothers came to camp one year. The guy I think we missed out on was Jamie Tardiff.

Actually Quattrocci was only in camp in 2009. I have Baumle,Blanchard and Gill as the free agent goalies in 2010 and Champion and Delmas were in rookie camp. I believe and it was probably in 2008 that both the Testwuide brothers came to camp one year. The guy I think we missed out on was Jamie Tardiff.

There were 2 camps the last couple of years, Quattrocchi was in one of them this year as well - http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533644. The other 3 goalies you noted were in the other camp though. I think Jerome Samson got a look once in a development camp but eventually spurned a Habs' offer for Carolina...but I'm going way off topic here. :)

There were 2 camps the last couple of years, Quattrocchi was in one of them this year as well - http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533644. The other 3 goalies you noted were in the other camp though. I think Jerome Samson got a look once in a development camp but eventually spurned a Habs' offer for Carolina...but I'm going way off topic here. :)

Thanx Dlbair- I vaguely remember the second camp. I am trying to pull up that window. I think I am having same problem now as when it came up before, got frustrated and never did see it.

Apparently Delmas got thrown out of game last night. He must have been the third man in. I can't recall any history where a goalie gets tossed. I wonder if this reflects in the modern day thinking, where there are no sacred cows, and everyone must defend for himself.

Apparently Delmas got thrown out of game last night. He must have been the third man in. I can't recall any history where a goalie gets tossed. I wonder if this reflects in the modern day thinking, where there are no sacred cows, and everyone must defend for himself.

Lots of times when a goalie fights, they're tossed. The 'scrap' between Price and Thomas was a rare exception. At least he got the win.

Less than 2 hours until the Clear Day Deadline, here's hoping the Bulldogs can pull another deal off like the Vernace-Stewart loan last season.

We are not really deep in the ECHL. I expect they will include Desharnais and Weber on that list as well as White; with the amount of extra bodies we have it wouldn't hurt. I can live without a deal being made.

We are not really deep in the ECHL. I expect they will include Desharnais and Weber on that list as well as White; with the amount of extra bodies we have it wouldn't hurt. I can live without a deal being made.

I think Weber will be there and White...hoping the others are but I won't hold my breath.