GDT: Devils @ habs

bar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like they're handling this game as if its insignificant, and to make things worse.. playing it at an NHL preseason speed! cmon guys! 3-2-1 doesnt sound like an impressive start. I don't know what's wrong with Gomez and Gionta but since the first game they haven't been themselves. We are in big trouble if that line doesn't get clicking soon; as well as Pouliot and Eller. :rolleyes:

it looks like they're handling this game as if its insignificant, and to make things worse.. playing it at an NHL preseason speed! cmon guys! 3-2-1 doesnt sound like an impressive start. I don't know what's wrong with Gomez and Gionta but since the first game they haven't been themselves. We are in big trouble if that line doesn't get clicking soon; as well as Pouliot and Eller. :rolleyes:

Pouliot and Eller have played as well as can be expected....with unfounded demotions and mind boggling line combonations...you can't expect someone like Eller to break out with grinders on his lines playing 6 minutes a game.

We have scoring lines?

Haha maybe I should have said "scoring lines".

Martin Brodeur is off to a slow start, and people are saying his age is catching up to him. Turns out the Montreal Canadiens are exactly what he needed. His career stats against us are just sick.

they looked flat all night long and don't deserve a point in this game. New Jersey simply outworked us and it shows on the scoreboard. Despite the amount of saves price has had to make, a majority of them were "Quality" shots and not Quantity shots AKA shots that we took tonight that had minimal chance of going in. Did anybody else notice that a majority of our shots were along the ice? Why didn't anybody shoot high on Brodeur tonight :wacko: in conclusion..I hate NJ, games against them are always a snore and the OWN us

I hope this is the end of the experiments with grinders on the scoring lines.

We only have 5 clear top 6 forwards. Every night there's going to be someone who doesn't really belong playing in the top 6. Eller seems like the logical choice but I think Martin wants him to work his way up the depth chart instead of just handing him the job because he's a top prospect.

I wonder how many times in the last 20 years the Habs have won the season series against the devils. The only one I can remember is 07/08 when all the stars alligned for the Habs. The are like a Boa Constrictor. They slowly choke the life out of you. How many stoppages in play? I really wish Price would have covered his post. As soon as it was 1-0. I knew the game was lost. The other 2 goals were changed direction, so I won't be blaming him. Poor effort was had by all. Subaan looked really good tonight.

What is with everyone wanting Eller on the top line? He doesn't look any better than Boyd, Pyatt, Pouliot, Darche, or Lapierre. They all have good hands and speed until they are near the net.

Pouliot has played well this season, thats what is boggling my mind, he's played better than Gomez and Gionta yet he gets demoted...

I wonder how many times in the last 20 years the Habs have won the season series against the devils. The only one I can remember is 07/08 when all the stars alligned for the Habs. The are like a Boa Constrictor. They slowly choke the life out of you. How many stoppages in play? I really wish Price would have covered his post. As soon as it was 1-0. I knew the game was lost. The other 2 goals were changed direction, so I won't be blaming him. Poor effort was had by all. Subaan looked really good tonight.

What is with everyone wanting Eller on the top line? He doesn't look any better than Boyd, Pyatt, Pouliot, Darche, or Lapierre. They all have good hands and speed until they are near the net.

We must be seeing different games. I see Eller skating great, handling the puck great, and it's not that I want Eller on the top line(s), I want grinders to get off them.

I don't know what Price was thinking on that first goal. It was very nonchalant the way he covered

the post on that. He was in position to make the save, but didn't cover the upper half of the net.

He could have done a paddle wrap or a tight butterfly with his body stacked against the post.

Instead he jammed his skate to the bottom of the post like Parise couldn't raise it.

Very bizarre opening goal. He came back to make some spectacular saves, but I would love to know

why he was so soft on the opener.

Pouliot has played well this season, thats what is boggling my mind, he's played better than Gomez and Gionta yet he gets demoted...

We must be seeing different games. I see Eller skating great, handling the puck great, and it's not that I want Eller on the top line(s), I want grinders to get off them.

Handles it on the perimeter. That's what I am seeing. The only guys driving the net are Moen Pyatt Boyd Lapierre. I have nothing against Eller. I like what I see and think he will be great, but I don't see anything obviously setting him apart from the pack at the moment

That was not the most entertaining game ever, now was it. And boy, the Habs did nothing in the way of exploiting NJs rookie blueliners. And yes, I understand Martin does not want to hand the job to Eller, but short of a call-up or trade, who the heck can play a top-6 role?

By the way, our game recap is up http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=2234

I don't know what Price was thinking on that first goal. It was very nonchalant the way he covered

the post on that. He was in position to make the save, but didn't cover the upper half of the net.

He could have done a paddle wrap or a tight butterfly with his body stacked against the post.

Instead he jammed his skate to the bottom of the post like Parise couldn't raise it.

Very bizarre opening goal. He came back to make some spectacular saves, but I would love to know

The unfortunate thing is that a few more games like that and he will be hung. I'm sure todd will enjoy being right tomorrow. Even though the only bad goal was the first one.

I'm just frustrated as a fan...I see all these other teams with rookies who are making an impact, and the rookies we have, who have potentia,l are being made some big example of, for mistakes...mistakes THEY have to make to grow. I mean if we lose cause of a rookie, I can live with that...I can see the plan behind it, but when Spacey and Hammer continue to give away the puck over and over and don't add anything it makes me as a fan angry, I can imagine how the young players feel.

My biggest frustration is that for the last 15 years, I have been wondering why we are such a perimeter team. That is a long time. I want net crashing and garbage goals a la Chicago. I would say half of Chicago's goals are from inside the crease.

I thought the Habs weren't terrible overall through 40 minutes but they basically mailed it in after. As for the Gomez/Gionta combo, I mused about it in the HW Recap but instead of trying to find someone to play with them, could you not break them up? It may not be overly ideal but it might be a better option than putting a player with 2 goals in 44 career regular season games, all due respect to Pyatt of course.

On a side note, any notice Brunet chortling when Houde announced that Brodeur had another shutout? Between that and the live, never-ending salivating over Magnon-Grenier, I could've swore he was cheering at the buzzer.

The unfortunate thing is that a few more games like that and he will be hung. I'm sure todd will enjoy being right tomorrow. Even though the only bad goal was the first one.

I don't see how anybody can complain about him when his team scored 0 goals for him. I think Price has had 2 amazing games and 4 good games so far. He's the least of our worries.

I don't see how anybody can complain about him when his team scored 0 goals for him. I think Price has had 2 amazing games and 4 good games so far. He's the least of our worries.

That's the way I see it so far as well. He hasn't had a bad game yet

It always comes back to goaltending because it is the easiest position to blame.

The fact that they are 3-2-1 and have zero powerplay and zero production from Gomez and Gionta

is shocking. Price has made more spectacular saves through 6 games then he did through 20 last season.

Typical Montreal vs. New Jersey game. I don't know why I even bother watching them, they're so frustrating.

I expect a bounceback in Ottawa on Saturday.

Damn Devils and their trap. That was one boring ass game and I aint saying that just because we lost. I enjoyed watching the opening game against the Leafs for instance because it was an actual battle... the Devils win by casting a sleep spell on their ennemies (it ends up affecting the audience as well!).

Edited by Jean

It's very tough for a goalie to win a game when the offense produces nothing. This was a strange goal, but the shot was tough to block. It happened very fast and the mistake was made by the defenseman, behind the net. Goals like this one happen once in a while, the best goalies are fooled and there's not much you can do. Let's face it: Brodeur had an easy game. He received more shots, but most of them were easy. Price had to block fewer shots, but it could have been 4 or 5-0 notheless if he really had been soft. That was just one of those games were the opponent gets all the bounces. They played a perfect game, that's all.