GDT: Devils @ habs

bar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they got lots of low quality shots.. not enough quality scoring chances.

Agreed. Yes we did dominate in terms of shots on goal (10 to 3) but most of our shots weren't very dangerous.

I hate the ######ing Devils! Even when they suck, they seem to just get lucky/stupid goals!

Anyone know if this game is on in the US??

MSG Plus is carrying the game in the US.

Certainly not a terrible period by any stretch, any time you can hold a team to 3 shots, you're doing your job defensively to say the least. The Habs look like they're trying to rush their offence which isn't something that typically works well for them though.

An odd note from the game stats - the Habs have one of the better faceoff players in the league in Halpern and he took all of 0 faceoffs. Meanwhile, his winger (Lapierre), took 1. Go figure.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020086.HTM

That sucked...down again.. when will this team learn to come out hot against teams that are struggling...

I'm not convinced the Habs being down is a bad thing. They seem to be able to pull off the comeback, most of the time at least so far.

I might be blind but when ever I see Eller he's always moving, and I don't see anything wrong with his effort, his continued benching is a myster to me.

I was definitely bummed on that 1 play by Eller, but not from anything Eller did, just they didnt score. Eller stealing that back door pass away from Kovalchuck was a great play which started a good sequence, its a shame nothing came of it the other way though. Eller looked great on that shift it would have been nice for him to get rewarded with a point.

come on refs.. how many times are guys without the puck going to get dumped before you call interference.

LOL, figures.. Habs get one.

wow.. what a brutal call.. several worse examples by NJ he ignores.. then he calls that.

Eller actually made stuff happen I don't get it!!!

Why are vets allowed to make constant mistakes, it's the same story as last year. Maybe its time to explode the Cammy/Plek/AK line...put Eller or pouliot there and give cammy to G and G.

i dont understand :wacko: these guys haven't played since Saturday and they are skating like there are bricks in their boots. Just a poor effort all around for 40 minutes (minus price..who has been great). The way to solve new jersey is to cycle the puck low and hope to get some calls. Gionta's first penalty was legit, however on the second one..Brodeur deserved a Oscar. They better hope to pot one early because being down 2-0 to new jersey is like being down 5-0 to any other team. :unsure:

Eller with 5:32 TOI - looks like he's getting the O'Byrne treatment - 1 mistake = wearing a groove into the bench.

The organization can't get the basics right. It's a cliche, but young players have to play, in order to develop. We ALL know this. Eller should be in Hamilton if he keeps getting so little ice-time.

go habs go, from patagonia!

man this msg+ colour guy is some brutal

well.. that should do it.. top corner.. down 3...

here is an idea... try some stuff... put eller up with pleks, cammy with gomez, maybe try subban as a forward..something to show some life.. this game is over.

hmmm not our night