GDT: October 25th, 2010 - Coyotes @ Habs

bar

Then send him to Hamilton for the year to play first line center. right now, they are trying to make him a winger.. which doesn't seem to be helping him much.

You can't please everybody.

People have complained for years that we need a center with size, we finally acquire a young center with size and

now we don't need him because we have Gomez and Pleks locked up?

Gomez has 4 years left with the last 2 years being more friendly to trade or buy out. At that point he will be 33-34

and Eller will be 24 years old. The deal was not made with this season in mind, just like trading Halak and keeping

Price was not about 2011.

When Gomez is done as a number 2, then Eller will step up and become a scoring center. Patience is required, let

Eller apprentice on the lower lines and when he is ready I am sure he will get a chance. The kid is 21 and has played

exactly 14 career NHL games. Don't rush him.

Then send him to Hamilton for the year to play first line center. right now, they are trying to make him a winger.. which doesn't seem to be helping him much.

10 minutes a night seems normal for a rookie. It's just the top 5 picks that come into the NHL and get top roster spots immediately.

If prospects like Eller, Plekanec, Higgins, Pacioretty, Perezhogin, et al come into the NHL and are immediately in your top 6, your team probably isn't very deep.

10 minutes a night seems normal for a rookie. It's just the top 5 picks that come into the NHL and get top roster spots immediately.

If prospects like Eller, Plekanec, Higgins, Pacioretty, Perezhogin, et al come into the NHL and are immediately in your top 6, your team probably isn't very deep.

Yes, but that's the point though. It's basic stuff, a young player like Eller has to play more to develop. We always seem to screw that up, except for Subban. If Eller played for Detroit, well he wouldn't, because he'd be in Grand Rapids.

I wouldn't mind if they were playing him at center, but they have him on the wing. Too much for him to adjust to the wing and the NHL at the same time.

In any case, if he is still struggling after 20 games, I think they should give him a stint down below to get his confidence back.

Anyone watching the three stars? AK46 just skated around the rink handing out pucks to the fans after being named first star of the game! I'm really liking this new AK46...he's finally coming out of his shell!!!!

Anyone watching the three stars? AK46 just skated around the rink handing out pucks to the fans after being named first star of the game! I'm really liking this new AK46...he's finally coming out of his shell!!!!

He did that the last time he was named 1st star too. It's nice to see.

Even nicer to see Eller get his first point as a Hab!

Well I was really hoping that the game would of been a 1-0 Habs shootout victory so that way the Habs could still win and Byrzgalov would of been able to pick up a shutout for my fantasy team. But this works 2, since Kostitsyn is one of my forwards and game winning goals get you a lot of points. Obviously a Habs victory is most important but i want my fantasy team to do good as well.

Edited by Habsfan84

Even nicer to see Eller get his first point as a habs!

I'd say it's even nicer to see Eller and AK out there together in a 4 on 4 OT situation. JM is picking his spots with Eller, not putting any pressure on him but giving him chances in different situations. All the while he plays regularly on the bottom 6 and learns the details of playing the game the right way, before getting big minutes,

That's how you bring a rookie along.

Even nicer to see Eller get his first point as a habs!

Yep. I think anyone winning the 1st star after a win at home will be doing so. I think it might be a new "crowd pleaser move" à la Rangers and Bolts who wave their sticks.

Nice. Original. I like.

I think it's time to bench Spacek. I like Picard more than him so far this year. He must have lost 20 battles for the puck in hte third alone. Fat boy has a lot of good prospects breathing down his neck. He better pick it up.

I think part of the reason why AK is so awesome so far this year is than he dont have to worry about his younger bro any longer.

I think it's time to bench Spacek. I like Picard more than him so far this year. He must have lost 20 battles for the puck in hte third alone. Fat boy has a lot of good prospects breathing down his neck. He better pick it up.

I shudder at the thought of Spacek in the lineup next year if he continues his bad play.

JM bench a veteran - in the immortal words of john wayne - that'll be the day!!

I think part of the reason why AK is so awesome so far this year is than he dont have to worry about his younger bro any longer.

He was lighting it up last year as well before he got hurt. Looks like he's finally put it together!! Enjoyed wearing my 3 year old AK46 t-shirt over the weekend!