GDT: Toronto vs Montreal, Nov. 20

dlbalr

Glad that the game when the puck has a hard time going in Price helps us so we dont need more than 1. I thought Komi signed with Toronto btw...

I have a feeling we will be dining out on Komisarek's pass for a few days. Wonderful.

All around, though, it was a solid game for the Habs. Even if most didn't score, the top forwards looked really good tonight. Andrei Kostitsyn has been a pleasant surprise this year as well, he gets involved physically much more than I have seen in the past.

As a side note, boy does Gustavsson allow a lot of bad rebounds. He has almost zero control after a save.

Oh, and by the way, don't forget to check out Brian's 3-Stars Recap: http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=2273

Edited by l.moustakas

Weber did not play much, but he had pause the few times he got in the ice. I liked the way he carried the puck and his passes were right on the tape on the PP. BTW, he was on the ice on Cammy's goal. I am not sure he will get the nod against the Flyers, but he certainly deserves another chance. Next time, I would sit Pyatt though.

Edited by JCPetit

I like how with the exception of PK (23:17), the Habs' D all played ~20 minutes or less. If Hamrlik (18:49) and Spacek (19:08) are going remain healthy and effective, Martin is going to have to manage their minutes well. This is the only instance in which I like dressing 7 D, and I seem to remember it working pretty well for Boucher in Hamilton last year.

I like how with the exception of PK (23:17), the Habs' D all played ~20 minutes or less. If Hamrlik (18:49) and Spacek (19:08) are going remain healthy and effective, Martin is going to have to manage their minutes well. This is the only instance in which I like dressing 7 D, and I seem to remember it working pretty well for Boucher in Hamilton last year.

I was impressed with the game. It was all most like an old throw-back game where the Canadiens dominated for large stretchs of the game. The problem with that approach is keeping that controlling play game in game out. You can't float over a couple dogs in your schedule like you once could. You need to be able to score more consistantly. Other than the fact I would like more hitting in the game as well, well done boys.

wow.. we beat Toronto, Carry and the D get shutout number 4, and we can't get over 2 pages?

Just goes to show...people would rather bitch when things are going wrong than chip in when they're going right. ^_^

price-o.gif

:lol::clap:

Man, it's great shutting out the Leafs :)

Indeed. A shutout against the Leafs feels always a little better than against any other team.

Edited by JoeLassister

Indeed. A shutout against the Leafs feels always a little better than against any other team.

I think the only other team it feels better with is NJ, because they've done it to us SO many times.

I know that sounds dirty, but I've only had 3 hours sleep and I can't be bothered to fix it lol. ^_^

Deeeeefense.

AK46 should had three goals if Gustavvson would have not stand on his head.

Pouliot deserves a shot with Gomez his release is actually pretty good, now he needs

to be fed and shooting.

Lots of shooting, with Cammelleri, AK46, Weber and Pouliot we have 4 pretty strong shooters.

Send Pyatt down to gert some scoring there, he cannnot stay in the BHL without points.

Nothing against him but is only use would be penalty killing and we have plenty of players

to do this job. Halpern, Plek, Moen, Lapierre, Gomez, even Eller should fill that role.

Carey Price is just ridiculous this year. I've never seen someone so consistent over 20 games. Forget games - how many bad goals has he allowed this season? 3-5?

Just goes to show...people would rather bitch when things are going wrong than chip in when they're going right. ^_^

I was out of town and in the car so I had to watch the express version when I got home.

Good point. MR. Bob Gainey is owed a big apology from many of us who scorned him for keeping faith with Price. He is totally vindicated.

Mr Martin is owed a big apology from his many critics for the wonderful committed play of his team which is doing all the difficult, character based stuff so very well.

Mr Gauthier deservers kudos for the ballsy trades he has undertaken no doubt in deep coinsultation with mssrs. Gainey and Martin.

And a special thanks from me for making my Toronto area workday a much more enjoyable experience. It's helping me develop the virtue of magnanimity in victory, and I hope to have a lor more to be magnanimous about!! :clap::clap::clap: :hlogo: :hlogo:

What a great team!

And did you guys see that beautiful play by Spacek?!

Quoted.." The pass had Canadiens fans collectively wondering when the last time Komisarek made that good of a pass at the Bell Centre""

HAHAHA!

Edited by Toronthab

Send Pyatt down to gert some scoring there, he cannnot stay in the BHL without points.

Nothing against him but is only use would be penalty killing and we have plenty of players

to do this job. Halpern, Plek, Moen, Lapierre, Gomez, even Eller should fill that role.

I've been wanting Tom Pyatt out of the lineup for far too long because of that reason and he is terrible offensively. We've seen Dustin Boyd kill penalties when he was playing. He deserves another chance. Gionta has killed penalties as well.

So, I was at the game saturday night and boy did I ever enjoy seeing the leafs fans leaving the Bell Centre with their tails between their legs! Huge win for our boys, and it,s always nice to see Komisarek ###### up!!