Last Meeting:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov!?!

Edited by thehabbit

I watch a lot of Oilers hockey. I am really enjoying watching the kids develope. When Peckam is on his game, he is a beast! If they are feeling confident, the Oilers offence is explosive. The only two big threats to the Habs should be Penner and Peckam. If the Habs underestimate them, they will lose.

Edited by BCHabnut

The Oilers are terrible in the faceoff circle and on the PK stubbornly run a diamond formation that only really works against an umbrella setup. With Hemsky out, we should be able to take them out early. We don't want to get into too physical of a game... that's about the only thing that can rally them. Well, that or a special performance from one of their young 'ins, and they're kind of due for one of those (particularly Paajarvi).

The Oilers are terrible in the faceoff circle and on the PK stubbornly run a diamond formation that only really works against an umbrella setup. With Hemsky out, we should be able to take them out early. We don't want to get into too physical of a game... that's about the only thing that can rally them. Well, that or a special performance from one of their young 'ins, and they're kind of due for one of those (particularly Paajarvi).

There seem to be conflicting reports as to whether he'll be back tonight or not actually. I've listed him as out for now but it wouldn't surprise me if he's back.

Goaltending matchup confirmed, Price vs Dubnyk. Khabibulin may be dressed as backup though. Unfortunately, Hemsky will return to the lineup for the Oilers. No idea who comes out, one of Jones/Stortini/Jacques would be my guess.

Stortini or any big agressive player out is a really good thing for Montreal.

What i would like to see tonight :

- Cammalleri scoring a goal on PP.

- Pouliot-Eller-Cammalleri trio.

- Defense pinching offensively early in the game.

Hope AK is okay, but that was funny seeing Pleks roll him off the ice and Gomez laughing his ass off as he came off the bench..

Nice play by Gomez's unit.. another PP goal. Darche gets it this time.

Nice work by Pouliot to dangle and setup Hammer...Keep skating boys!

Nice work by Pouliot to dangle and setup Hammer...

Exactly what I was gonna say. That was a beautiful play by Pouliot!

They just showed the super slo-mo of Kostitsyn taking Subban's shot on the knee. Apparently he's back on the bench! Good news!

Hope AK is okay, but that was funny seeing Pleks roll him off the ice and Gomez laughing his ass off as he came off the bench..

Nice play by Gomez's unit.. another PP goal. Darche gets it this time.

Nice work by Pouliot to dangle and setup Hammer...Keep skating boys!

I too really liked the comfort Pouliot showed out there as someone posted the other day. A less pressured seasoning. In retrospect, one could see the talent early on followed by a freeze of sorts. Good coaching it seems to me.

So..what don't I like about this team.... er .. .mmmm... Ain't nuthin. What a likeable team. Thank you Mr Gainey mostly and Mr. Gauthier un peu , and Coach Jacques Martin... a hell of a coach it seems clear.

C'mon boys, Kill this PK. Don't let Edmonton back into this game!

Carey, Carey, Carey!!!!

Edited by Habsfan

It's nice to see the Oilers. I'm so bored of games against the Devils and Islanders, played in half empty buildings.

The game's at the Bell Center. :)

Habs playing well. It's really nice to see Pouliot and Eller looking so calm. It might be almost time to make a real top 6 that doesn't include Moen, Lapierre or Pyatt.

Fun 2nd period. Hamrlik is having a heck of a game while Spacey is fighting it (and getting no breaks, too, with puck bounces, etc.).

The Oil have the ability to exploit the slow D, and there have been unnecessary pinches and such to help them out. But the Habs bust their tail to get back and help each other out. That's what I like most about this team.

Told you that Oil PK would give us some quality chances. :)

Dubnyk is a stiff. The guy is kicking rebounds 30-40 feet on every shot.

Get him moving laterally. As long as you tee up shots where he can set, he can hold his angle

and his 6'5" frame will remove most of the net. Move it east/west and he becomes much less

effective.