GDT: Edmonton vs Montreal

dlbalr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably should be Spacek sitting, he was worse then Subban if that's possible. Plus i remember Martin threatening Spacek a couple times already.

I don't mind sitting anyone if they have a bad game.

As the other poster said, i would consider Pouliot Eller Cammi, Moen Gomez and Lapierre as a checking line. Eller needs a finisher.

After watching the second period I turned off my T.V. It seems that we give free passes to certain teams. I'm just wandering if some of our players really understand how important every point can be. If I recall we have been squeezing into the post season by 1 point in recent years. So it really bothers many of us fans that they play lenienty when they lead a game and then just screw up after the second period. Jacque Martin knows who the players and i hope he pins them up against the wall. What is happenning with Cammelleri? It seems that he doesn't shoot the puck fiecely anymore. He and a few others should be working on target shooting at least 3 to 5 hours every week. Just a thought! :angry:

Look, the good news is that we have a great record despite mediocre output from Gomez and Cammy. If those two come on, and no further injuries happen, we may do quite nicely even without #79. (I'm worried we won't, but unlike past years, it's possible).

I also think the inconsistency is partly a result of learning what it means to be a good team, and - more to the point - learning just how good (or not good) your team is. The Habs may still be in the process of figuring out that, whatever the standings say and no matter how questionable the opposition, they are not good enough to take whole periods off and win on a regular basis.

Relatedly, the team may still be in the process of fully realizing that the absence of Markov skews the equation: they're no longer as good as they had begun to think they were. The only answer is to buckle down and redouble your commitment to sound, consistent hockey. I'm sure the vets realize that, or are coming to realize it.

Finally, the hot streak was bound to sputter at some point. The team just needs to ride it out, work on the fundamentals with the coaches, and get their 'A' game back. The great X-factor remains the absence of Markov, and what the team's ceiling is without him. Time will tell, because right now the current lineup is NOT firing on all cylanders and so its potential without Markov is hard to guage.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber