GDT: Montreal vs Senators, Dec. 7

bar

I'm simply too frantic with work at the moment to watch these games - I'm following things second-hand for now - but I strongly suspect you're right. Surely the point has been made, and with the PP impotent, it's time to re-insert this offensively-gifted minutes-eating beast. Indeed, if JM doesn't, I'll be inclined to wonder whether Subban has shown a wider attitude problem that the coach is trying to expunge.
It may be that JM has said to PK. "You're doing fantastically as a rookie: I can hardly believe my eyes. No what I want you to do for the next two or three games is focus on the better Dmen and how they handle tight game situations, and see if you can pick up a thing or two.

And I can see PK sayin.... Sure thing coach!

Are we taking an unnecessarily dim and dark view of the situation?

PK is probably absolutely fine with the situation and just itching to get back ASAP.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call up a guy to play ahead of Boyd if Gomez is indeed day to day. But with 2 games in 2 nights, they might want to call up a guy just in case (assuming Gomez is ruled out for both games). Play Eller and Halpern a bit more, give Boyd 10 minutes and try and scrape out 2-4 points from the two games.

If we had a long term injury situation, then yeah, call up a guy permanently and maybe play them ahead of Dustin if Martin thinks he's better.

Pretty hard to figure out three stars last night. Nobody played really good and they win anyway

because they played the team concept of positionning, cutting passes line, played with disciplined

against a team that give up easily.

With all the talks about PK, get over it people. He has to learn something and learning process

can be done because the team wins. The team concept work and Subban has the chance to learn

it. If he doesn't learn it here he will never do and will play a Mike Green career for a Bruce Boudreau

style of coaching.

In practice, Halpern stayed with Cammalleri/Moen, the 'PED' line stayed together, and Boyd skated with Pyatt/Lapierre. If memory serves me right, that was the line I loved (Pyatt/Boyd/Lapierre) in the early part of the season. If Gomez is DTD, let Boyd play, though I still feel for Cammalleri playing on a scoring line with Halpern/Moen.

In practice, Halpern stayed with Cammalleri/Moen, the 'PED' line stayed together, and Boyd skated with Pyatt/Lapierre. If memory serves me right, that was the line I loved (Pyatt/Boyd/Lapierre) in the early part of the season. If Gomez is DTD, let Boyd play, though I still feel for Cammalleri playing on a scoring line with Halpern/Moen.

I think it's more Cammalleri playing on a checking line than Halpern and Moen playing on a scoring line. :)

I think it's more Cammalleri playing on a checking line than Halpern and Moen playing on a scoring line. :)

You just move guys up. All the rhetoric around Gomez gets played out on the ice. I for one don't he is irreplaceable. I like the idea of Eller and Halbern getting those minutes. Second line centers are replaced all the time if you have any depth at all.

Without Gomez i would like to see

Cammelleri back with Plekanec and Kostitsyn.

Would line up Gionta-Eller-Pouliot

Would grind down wit Moen-Halpern and Darche

Would try Subban in a agitator role with Lapierre centering and Conboy. That would be fun.

I want Plekanec to carry more the puck.

I do not want to see Cammelleri handling the puck and skating, it's painful.

Gionta could mentor the youth, Darche style, with more offensive flair.

Subban has a winger ? yah i don't like either but considering how fast he does skate and handle the puck

it would be frightening for the opponent team.

I like your line up easy ryder! That looks like a good number 1 and a strong number 2 line.

Lapierre Pyatt Boyd is not a bad fourth line either. I love depth. I really think depth and a system is better than a core and signing rentals. You have to live and die by the health of stars. When you have depth, you stay competitive. Worked for NJ and Detroit for years

Edited by BCHabnut