GDT: Boston vs Montreal, Dec. 16

dlbalr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need a goon for any team, what we need is a player who can play and keep the other team accountable.

Unfortunately, those are not easy to come by. Souray was the last guy we had who had the ability to play a regular

shift and step up and take care of business if necessary.

Left alone the Lucic's fight, I think Komisarek is the last one with this ability...

Wheeler is the softest 6'5" guy in the league.

Ahem... Hal Gill... :lol:

This has everything to do with the logo on his jersey.

Stock, Milbury, Cherry are never called out, so they don't care about consistency or hypocrisy.

If I was on the Hot Stove Lounge I would call out Milbury every episode on his ridiculous trades,

statements and general inconsistent biased viewpoint. Why is this guy treated like an expert when

he traded Chara, Redden, Spezza, Bertuzzi, Luongo, Jokinen etc and got Kvasha, Dipietro, Potvin,

Yashin and Parrish in return.

He is an expert in how to be a terrible GM and a defenseman who could barely skate and used his

own face for a punching bag. He talks about discipline and the code and he was the guy who attacked

fans at MSG during a game. Artest is villified, this guy gets to be on CBC as an expert.

CBC has already proven that they are more interested in the Howard Stern aspect of drawing viewers

than creating an unbiased analytical approach that reports what is actually happening.

Everybody loves Elliote Friedeman, but he is the worst offender in creating stories and not reporting them.

Every interview has some sort of ridiculous montage trying to link the story to some emotional center.

For something that acted as the center of my hockey experience for the first 25 years of my life, it is

amazing how everything they do makes my skin crawl today. I can't even tune in just for the intro and

the nostalgia anymore. 10 years ago I would have been upset had they lost the National TV rights, now

I could care less.

Your stance is understandable in relation to guys like Cherry and Milbury because of the era in which they were raised.

Not sure if it is true, but I don't have a problem with it.

That is 100% how I feel. I must admit that I love the HNIC intro, Ron Mclean, Jim Hughson, and Kelly Hrudy, but that's where it ends. I get a laugh out of Cherry, and don't completely hate him. He's like an opinionated uneducated uncle that has no manners, but is still loved. Millbury is a total idiot! The things that come out of his mouth are embarassing. I really can't believe that CBC would keep this guy on for this long. I doubt he has ever had an origional thought in his life. The CBC experience for me is far less enjoyable than it used to be.

Left alone the Lucic's fight, I think Komisarek is the last one with this ability...

Ahem... Hal Gill... :lol:

Quintal was the last habs with the ability of both to play and not get pounded.

This is a looong while.

Komisarek was a puss compared to a p*ssed Zednik.

This is a lomg while, this is why i have doubts between Regher and Bieksa. Bieksa would

fight, Regher would bring fear to these low headers.

Booboo could scrap, but he was too small.

I didn't say we needed a goon. What I did say was that I didn't want Subban having to scrap every turn around. He is much to valuable. The only way to stop teams picking on Subban is for Subban to stop his aggressive play or you bring in somebody (an enforcer) to protect your asset. The road we are heading down now is somebody will take a run at Subban and put him out like Markov. My expectations are that nothing will be done along this line and we will travel down that road.

I have been calling out for years for the Canadiens to get bigger to compete with bigger teams. I have to admit that Mr. G has been heading in that direction since taking over. I am happy with the direction we seem to be going as we are getting some size throughout the system. The key is bringing skill along with size. Good job. We are not the smallest team by any stretch of the imagination.