GDT: Montreal vs Colorado, Dec. 18

dlbalr

December 7th, 1st period : 19:51 OTT PPG - Nick Foligno (2) Wrist Shot - Assists: J. Spezza (9) & E. Karlsson (9)

December 10th, 1st period : 19:58 DET PPG - Nicklas Lidstrom (4) Snap Shot - Assists: P. Datsyuk (23) & T. Holmstrom (6)

December 15th, 1st period : 19:42 PHI Jeff Carter (13) Backhand - Assists: M. Carle (14)

December 19th, 1st period : 19:54 COL PPG - Ryan Wilson (2) Slap Shot - Assists: R. O'Reilly (8) & C. Anderson (1)

Seriously, this has to stop.

Edited by JoeLassister

December 7th, 1st period : 19:51 OTT PPG - Nick Foligno (2) Wrist Shot - Assists: J. Spezza (9) & E. Karlsson (9)

December 10th, 1st period : 19:58 DET PPG - Nicklas Lidstrom (4) Snap Shot - Assists: P. Datsyuk (23) & T. Holmstrom (6)

December 15th, 1st period : 19:42 PHI Jeff Carter (13) Backhand - Assists: M. Carle (14)

December 19th, 1st period : 19:54 COL PPG - Ryan Wilson (2) Slap Shot - Assists: R. O'Reilly (8) & C. Anderson (1)

First thing I thought when I saw that last second goal.

Absolutely.

It is with no pride that i say that i bet for the last minute goal lottery at the sports bar i was. I called 6 seconds. I won two pitcher

and this morning my liver hates me befores the holidays.

Back to the game, the bounces were absolutely against the habs in that third period. It was almost funny when JM sent 6 forwards in despare.

He sured didn't want PK to wind a slapshot from the top of the building.

Mile high cut the legs of our old timers defense.

Did i see Halpern there in the last shift ? lol

Side note : NHL unwritten book lesson to MaxPAc do not try to skate between Foote and the net...ouch this one must have hurt.

I imagine that one of the following will transpire

1 - O'Byrne will smoke one of our players, and everyone will bemoan his loss, "Why did we get rid of this guy?"

2 - O'Byrne will shoot the puck over the glass, and Montreal will score on the ensuing powerplay, leading to everyone celebrating his trade.

or

3 - Both.

Hopefully the boys start of the road trip the right way! GO HABS GO!!!!

How about he will play almost 20 mins, play the most short handed minutes, play 0 plus or minus and help in a winning effort against a team that he was not good enough to play for! OUCH!

Well i had the "pleasure" of going to the game last night some general impressions.

The defense as a whole is incredibly slow footed, i counted at least 5 times where an Av's player comletely just blew by them and got a good scoring chance. The D also turns it over alot. Especially with no real pressure. The Av's second goal was a perfect example of that. This will definitely need to be addressed if they want to improve for a long playoff run.

Otherwise they played pretty well. They jsut couldn't finish and missed plenty of good scoring opportunities.

How about he will play almost 20 mins, play the most short handed minutes, play 0 plus or minus and help in a winning effort against a team that he was not good enough to play for! OUCH!

lol

You said it yourself: a team he wasn't good enough to play for. Get over it!

It is with no pride that i say that i bet for the last minute goal lottery at the sports bar i was. I called 6 seconds. I won two pitcher

and this morning my liver hates me befores the holidays.

Back to the game, the bounces were absolutely against the habs in that third period. It was almost funny when JM sent 6 forwards in despare.

He sured didn't want PK to wind a slapshot from the top of the building.

Mile high cut the legs of our old timers defense.

Did i see Halpern there in the last shift ? lol

Side note : NHL unwritten book lesson to MaxPAc do not try to skate between Foote and the net...ouch this one must have hurt.

Gotta admit that Halpern won every faceoffs in the last drive...

Well i had the "pleasure" of going to the game last night some general impressions.

The defense as a whole is incredibly slow footed, i counted at least 5 times where an Av's player comletely just blew by them and got a good scoring chance. The D also turns it over alot. Especially with no real pressure. The Av's second goal was a perfect example of that. This will definitely need to be addressed if they want to improve for a long playoff run.

Otherwise they played pretty well. They jsut couldn't finish and missed plenty of good scoring opportunities.

I did see a fan in the crowd and wondered to myself... 'maybe that's Chris'. Sucks they lost, and yeah, the slowness of the D was definitely exposed. The Avalanche's incredibly speedy forwards made it that much worse... it's why the Habs are good when they can keep the turnovers down, and they didn't last night. Martin got the hint and split up Picard-Subban finally. When that pair was made, I knew it was just a matter of time before they'd be exposed, but they lasted longer than I would have thought.

There will be line changes coming for tomorrow, Eller will skate with Cammalleri/Plekanec, one of Pouliot/Kostitsyn may be scratched according to Luc Gelinas. Looking at today's practice lines, it may be Pouliot which simply baffles me.

There will be line changes coming for tomorrow, Eller will skate with Cammalleri/Plekanec, one of Pouliot/Kostitsyn may be scratched according to Luc Gelinas. Looking at today's practice lines, it may be Pouliot which simply baffles me.

I thought Pouliot played a good game. Kostitsyn was a plug. What's up with that guy?

I would love to see PK with Gorges. I really think Gorges could insulate him and let PK use that rush he does so well.

Edited by BCHabnut

I thought Pouliot played a good game. Kostitsyn was a plug. What's up with that guy?

I've felt Pouliot has played well enough lately to earn a promotion; to me, a promotion involves more ice time, not more popcorn and padded seats in the press box. Kostitsyn's up and down, thought he had a good 1st period yesterday if nothing else. If I was putting Pyatt in for someone, it most likely wouldn't be replacing one of those two.

Saskhab,

I wasn't wearing any habs gear though. So i'm sure i blended into the crowd. Everyone around me was giving me crap though. The kept saying the habs section is "over there".

Liek i said they didn't play bad but once again turnovers just killed them, goal #2 and #3 were just dumb turnovers.

I've felt Pouliot has played well enough lately to earn a promotion; to me, a promotion involves more ice time, not more popcorn and padded seats in the press box. Kostitsyn's up and down, thought he had a good 1st period yesterday if nothing else. If I was putting Pyatt in for someone, it most likely wouldn't be replacing one of those two.

Didn't Kostitsyn's first period include a lazy, disinterested play that led to Spacek's penalty and the back-breaking late-period goal?

I like the element that Pyatt brings to our PK (which hasn't been as effective with him in the press box) and I'd rather see Laps sit than him. And I'm with you on Pouliot. Sure, he was -2 yesterday, but at least he was involved and interested all game long.

Didn't Kostitsyn's first period include a lazy, disinterested play that led to Spacek's penalty and the back-breaking late-period goal?

I like the element that Pyatt brings to our PK (which hasn't been as effective with him in the press box) and I'd rather see Laps sit than him. And I'm with you on Pouliot. Sure, he was -2 yesterday, but at least he was involved and interested all game long.

That resulted in a pass in the skates. Gotta luv how Brunet and Houde complains about how Kostitsyn made the mistake on that play while the pass was super ugly.