Forum upgrade

sakiqc

Hi guys,

We were recently under attacks by bots registering in high numbers. Our forum subscription was expired and we didn't have the latest version. I renewed it and performed the upgrade. However, we lost our beautiful Custom HabsWorld forums skin in the process. We have few members who said they were good in design (and html). If any of you are available, let me know.

There also appear to have new features in this version of the boards. Amongst other things, the forum is now easily accessible through smartphones. Feel free to comment about the new features in this thread, and the mods team and I will adjust the settings so the forum can be an enjoyable experience and a good place to share about the Habs.

Please report bugs or stuff you find annoying. It will require an adjustment for everyone. But overall it looks promising.

We lost also some of our emoticons. Some members may have lost their avatar as well. Take the time to update your profile/avatar/etc. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've bumped this into here where more people will see it. As you'll see from sakiqc's notes above, this isn't the final product. If you can help restore the skin (or develop a new one) or see any bugs, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thoughts so far? The only issues I've seen so far is that old quoted posts won't show properly, nor will the GDT templates (and I had just prepped a new one to use in the new year too). The more feedback, the better, even if it is to say that things are fine. You may notice some new features that aren't operational yet, we're (I shouldn't really say 'we', sakiqc is doing 99% of it) testing them out or in some cases, trying to figure out what they do. :)

One recommendation, when posting/replying to messages, everything looks better if you're using the visual RTE editor. To turn that on, go to My Settings (on the dropbar that should appear beside your name towards the top right hand side), and tick off Enable visual (RTE) editor? That should make things look more like they did before.

Wow.. the quick reply editing functionality is now working in Firefox (I was not able to move the cursor before, just type from the start).

Elation.

Funny, that worked for me before but I had troubles with it earlier today. Interesting...

I like the new look :B)

Me too. It's good to freshen things up a bit every once in a while.

sakiqc has informed me that the new chat room should be up and running now, this may be a feature that we look to integrate into Hab and Bulldog Gameday stuff. You'll find this beside the new revamped search feature. Be sure to take a look at the new portal as well, a nice listing of all the most recent topics and threads.

I just say WOW!

The forum looks great. Very good improvement. Kudos to the guys behind this new look.

Great look!

Is it me,... but I cant find a (go to top) button.

Great look!

Is it me,... but I cant find a (go to top) button.

Can't say I see one either. I never used that feature myself (had to think briefly if one existed before). :)

Another new feature as more are discovered, for those who use RSS feeds, we have one set up to display this sub forum as well as the Prospects/Bulldogs one. You can also vote up/down posts which increases/decreases a members' reputation rating.

Before, we were able to search for very old threads selecting last 30-60-90 days or "all".

I don't think this option exists anymore... Am I blind ?

Before, we were able to search for very old threads selecting last 30-60-90 days or "all".

I don't think this option exists anymore... Am I blind ?

It's there, just hidden. Blue bar towards the bottom of the forum (just above the drop bar that jumps forums), you'll see it saying "Click here to show filter options." Click it and you'll see an option called Time Frame, that's where it is.

It's there, just hidden. Blue bar towards the bottom of the forum (just above the drop bar that jumps forums), you'll see it saying "Click here to show filter options." Click it and you'll see an option called Time Frame, that's where it is.

thanks Brian.

minor adjustments, but i like the new look.

now, off to test it on the smartphone!

minor adjustments, but i like the new look.

now, off to test it on the smartphone!

Any luck with the smartphone? Doesn't seem to work for me. I may have missed something in the configuration. Will take a look again tomorrow.

In the spirit of the new year, great site and hardworking contributors,

let my link be as useful as these Habsworld Forums have been for me.

This Firefox Add-On allows me to read the banter, opinion and (lets not forget) insight, in My teams jersey colours. Here is a screenshot

Perhaps this could be used to help decide the colours which better serve your purposes. Cheers to the new upgrade.

Edited by Mitch

Any luck with the smartphone? Doesn't seem to work for me. I may have missed something in the configuration. Will take a look again tomorrow.

Working on my smartphone now. Mobile skin is great!

In the spirit of the new year, great site and hardworking contributors,

let my link be as useful as these Habsworld Forums have been for me.

This Firefox Add-On allows me to read the banter, opinion and (lets not forget) insight, in My teams jersey colours.

Perhaps this could be used to help decide the colours which better serve your purposes. Cheers to the new upgrade.

Welcome to the HW forums and thanks for the good words!

It bugged me too! I have just added one on the left side under each post.

First, love the upgrade and appreciate all of the hard work that everyone at Habsworld does to maintain the site. However, under the heading of things that bug me... is is possible to highlight the "view new content button" or otherwise make it more prominent? It seems to take me a long time to find it now, but I may just be a slow learner :)