GDT: Montreal at New York Rangers, Jan. 11, 1900 EST

lazy26

Montreal Canadiens (23-16-3) at New York Rangers (25-15-3)

mon_comp.gif

• Eller - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
  • Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
  • Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche
  • Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

• Spacek - Wisniewski
  • Gill - Subban
  • Hamrlik - Weber*

• Auld

• Scratches: Picard*
  • Injuries: Cammalleri, Gorges, Markov

nyr_comp.gif

• Avery - Anisimov - Gaborik
  • Dubinsky - Stepan - Zuccarello
  • Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust
  • Wolski* - Drury - Weise

• Staal - Giradi
  • Eminger - Sauer
  • McDonagh - Gilroy

• Lundqvist

• Scratches: Newbury*
  • Injuries: Frolov, Boogaard, Callahan, Prospal, Christensen

Either the GDT streak continues, or Brian gets to try out his new format. biggrin.gif

GO HABS GO!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the GDT streak continues, or Brian gets to try out his new format. biggrin.gif

Thx lazy and may the streak continue.:D

Seems to be some musings that Auld may indeed get the nod here and let Price go at home against the Penguins...for the 2nd time in less than a week.

Aye, I hope Price does get some respite and be fresh for the Pens.

As for the Game, I predict one team will sleep for 53 minutes :( and then awaken.:blink:

5 - 2

for the winner :P

Wolski's flight was delayed last night, not on the ice for Rangers' practice this morning. May not be available for the game, that'd be a nice break.

Stat du jour: Alex Auld's record vs the Rangers all time: 3-0-2, 0.97 GAA, .966 SV% with 1 shutout. Maybe this'd be a good time to play him, still no official word on who gets the nod for the Habs though.

One of the RDS tweets in the TwitterBug (may be gone now) suggested that Picard will be out and Weber back. There's some good news. Rangers will be wearing their retro jerseys apparently as well.

Poor Picard

But you have to know that a D man either takes the puck away or he takes his man out (penalty or cleanly) cleanly is when you become a top 4 D man

if you can't do either and get scored on your not ready for NHL time

It's a weird world where Eller goes from being a healthy scratch to a first-line winger. :rolleyes: I'm just saying.

I'm becoming a fan of that Desharnais line. Look forward to seeing if they can keep it up, and if Patches can build on his best NHL game yet. And I look forward to the hysteria if McDonagh plays well. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Price is fully deserving of his all-star nod this time, and I'm betting it won't go to his head like before. Nice to see his ridiculous excellence acknowledged. What a comeback season for the young thoroughbred.

It's a weird world where Eller goes from being a healthy scratch to a first-line winger. :rolleyes: I'm just saying.

I'm becoming a fan of that Desharnais line. Look forward to seeing if they can keep it up, and if Patches can build on his best NHL game yet. And I look forward to the hysteria if McDonagh plays well. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Price is fully deserving of his all-star nod this time, and I'm betting it won't go to his head like before. Nice to see his ridiculous excellence acknowledged. What a comeback season for the young thoroughbred.

He was deserving of it last time as well.

2008/09 - 16- 4- 5 2.30 GAA and a .921 SV% 1 SO

2010/11 - 21-14-3 2.31 GAA and a .921 SV% 4 SO

People forget how good he was until his high ankle sprain and his rush to get back to start the All-Star game.

Price fans will use those stats to prove his greatness, Price haters will use it to show that he will collapse just like last time.

Edited by Wamsley01

For those who will be around for the game, don't forget about our new chatroom. Chats during the games were one of the main reasons we were looking to put one in for the last few years. That, used in tandem with the GDT, will hopefully make game nights here more enjoyable for everyone...coupled with Hab wins of course.

For those who will be around for the game, don't forget about our new chatroom. Chats during the games were one of the main reasons we were looking to put one in for the last few years. That, used in tandem with the GDT, will hopefully make game nights here more enjoyable for everyone...coupled with habs wins of course.

dumb question, where do we get to the chatroom?

He was deserving of it last time as well.

2008/09 - 16- 4- 5 2.30 GAA and a .921 SV% 1 SO

2010/11 - 21-14-3 2.31 GAA and a .921 SV% 4 SO

People forget how good he was until his high ankle sprain and his rush to get back to start the All-Star game.

I'd agree, but the Habs-fabs swarming of the ballots to the point that Komisarek made the team tended to devalue the participation of ALL the Habs at that particular game. This time around there can be no question that Price fully deserves it.

I'd agree, but the Habs-fabs swarming of the ballots to the point that Komisarek made the team tended to devalue the participation of ALL the Habs at that particular game. This time around there can be no question that Price fully deserves it.

What doesn't devalue the Habs in mainstream media?

Markov and Price were deserving in 2009. Kovalev and Komisarek, not so much.

Reactive analysis is poor analysis. It is easy to forget Price's first 80 games.

It is why Price was viewed as a stiff last season. If one wants to remain consistent and non hyprocritical,

every person who viewed Price as a stiff last season now must view Halak and his .910 SV% as a stiff this season.

Neither is a stiff.

Edited by Wamsley01

MAF does not deserve to be in the ASG. For some reason, Pitts fans flooded the voting, ala montreal a couple years ago.

There are several goaltenders having great years totally ignored. Pavelec is an obvious one. If Price is in, it is clearly based on his first half of this season, so why not Pavelec too? Pekka Rinne?

My only regret is Price is going to this at all. I wish he was resting, although that is just me being selfish. :)

Actually, Price made it as the best habs, as you need one from each team and he is the only one who made it.

subban was even left off the rookie list, which has everything to do with his benchings, imo.

subban was even left off the rookie list, which has everything to do with his benchings, imo.

Might also have to do with the fact that 2 of the 3 D named in front of him (Fowler, Shattenkirk) are much more deserving, while Ekman-Larsson brings the international aspect to the rookies (the league is trying to market this worldwide). I don't think the benchings played in, nor do I buy the speculation that the Habs asked the league not to pick him.

Actually, Price made it as the best habs, as you need one from each team and he is the only one who made it.

not entirely, as you mentioned they need one player from each team, But not exclusive to the vets taking that spot, those teams that really sucked (with having one player on the main rosters) had better leverage in getting a rookie invited, in other words had Price not made it PK Subban was in for sure

Edited by CoRvInA

The reason I say the benching hurt his chances is it limited his opportunity to get points, etc. I am not debating why, but the fact is rookies need as much chance as possible to impress.

As for Price, he is the most worthy on our team for sure. If Markov was not injured and playing well, he would be there, I am sure.