Mini-GDT: Habs vs Flyers, Jan. 25

dlbalr

If we lose today, we know to blame someone else for not doing the GDT since mine have lost 2 of the last 3... smile.gif

Montreal Canadiens (27-17-5) vs Philadelphia Flyers (32-12-5)

mon_comp.gif

Eller - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche

Moen - Halpern - White

Hamrlik - Wisniewski

Gill - Subban

Spacek - Weber

Price

Injuries: Markov, Gorges, Cammalleri

Scratches: Pyatt, Picard

phi_comp.gif

Hartnell - Briere - Leino

Zherdev - Carter - Giroux

Carcillo - Richards - Nodl

Powe - Betts - Shelley

Pronger - Carle

Timonen - Coburn

Meszaros - O'Donnell

Bobrovsky

Injuries: van Riemsdyk (DTD but will not play), Laperriere

Scratches: Bartulis, Walker

Halpern is back, in for Engqvist. White will likely play tonight and be sent down tomorrow, though probably not in time for Wednesday's 10:30 am start.

You weren't referring to me, were you Brian? I'm running on 2 hours sleep after working an overnight... I'm surprised I can type anything at all at this point. :)

It's a true measuring stick game tonight. The Habs have shown resilience lately, but against substantially weaker teams. If the Habs fall behind early in this one, I don't see them clawing their way back to gain a point.

That being said, this team can surprise when all the odds are against them. GO HABS GO!!!!

You weren't referring to me, were you Brian? I'm running on 2 hours sleep after working an overnight... I'm surprised I can type anything at all at this point. :)

You, bar, anyone else who could have thrown something together. If we're as superstitious as alternating GDT's after losses implies, surely the streak I'm on isn't a good thing. That's why I went to the quick version; which, by the way, I had no issues copying the format from my old one without needing the bullets. This the first time I tried since the changeover.

By the way, this is the last meeting between the two teams this year. That's some good news.

You, bar, anyone else who could have thrown something together. If we're as superstitious as alternating GDT's after losses implies, surely the streak I'm on isn't a good thing. That's why I went to the quick version; which, by the way, I had no issues copying the format from my old one without needing the bullets. This the first time I tried since the changeover.

By the way, this is the last meeting between the two teams this year. That's some good news.

So weird. I guess my computer hates me.

Haha I was enjoying the recent success, I never thought of the ducks game as a loss, haha slipped my mind, I'll get the next GDT haha.

Little tidbit: of the 2 games the Flyers won against the Habs this season, James van Riemsdyk had the GWG both times. The good news, he's out for tonight.

As always, don't forget the chatroom option tonight, it's been pretty quiet recently. Even if it's intermission, try and pop in when you can; I try and pop in here and there at the break when I can.

Damn I hate the flyers.. its amazing how much holding they get away with... three times now they have reached out and held the habs moving to the outside.. not one call for it.

I really hope Subban scores.. and levels Richards...

As I said earlier, the habs could have been on the PP most of the period if you were going to call it that tight.. but surprise surprise, they were not calling it when the flyers were bungling around their own zone, holding, etc..

If the habs are going to have a huge comeback game.. let this one be it.. I hate everything about the flyers.. dirty, whiny, and classless. (they are a fast and skilled team, but they are such morons I can't even respect that)...

As I said earlier, the habs could have been on the PP most of the period if you were going to call it that tight.. but surprise surprise, they were not calling it when the flyers were bungling around their own zone, holding, etc..

If the habs are going to have a huge comeback game.. let this one be it.. I hate everything about the flyers.. dirty, whiny, and classless. (they are a fast and skilled team, but they are such morons I can't even respect that)...

This'd be a nice one to win for lots of reasons. They played fairly well, if they can stop the Flyers from getting the next one (and figure out how to stay out of the box, justified calls or not), they should be able to get back in it.