Time to add some muscle for the stretch run

peihabs11

After watching every game in the first half of the season I believe we have enough speed & skill to play with anybody when it comes to a speed & skill game. But to get thru the EAST we need to add some size & toughness. We need to add a tough D-man & a top 6 power forward, I believe Edmonton wants to unload Dustin Penner who has 1 year left on his contract after this year. Trade Kostistyn, Pyatt & Weber for Penner, J.F Jacques & Theo Pecham. Then send Hall Gill & Ben Maxwell to St. Louis ( as they need a centre) for Roman Polak. Then we look like this Plekanec, Cammy, Penner- Gomez, Gionta & Pacioretty- Desharnais, Pouliot & Darche- Halpern, Eller & Moen (J.F Jacques) D- Hamrlik& Wishniewski- Spacek & Polak- Pecham & Subban (Picard)

Edited by peihabs11

Doesn't really work too well under the salary cap, gotta keep that in mind when making proposals. Can't see why Phoenix would trade an expiring deal for another year of Spacek, that's negative value for sure. Habs probably don't want to deal more picks as they're without both 2nd's already and MacIntyre barely plays in Edmonton, there's no way he'd suit up under Martin - he can't take a regular shift.

MacIntyre might be the worst player in the NHL. There's absolutely no reason he should be in the NHL at all... and the guy used to play for my favourite junior team, so I don't have anything against him.

I don't disagree that a big guy that could play would be nice, like Umberger. But MacIntyre would just be a wasted asset... we've been down this road before.

I expect that Gauthier will be open to adding a piece up front, but will probably just go for a low key defender to solidify the 3rd defense pairing heading into the playoffs and be okay with the team. Even if this draft sucks we shouldn't throw out our top 3 picks in it for this year's team.