Scary thought regarding Muller

hab29RETIRED

Muller's name comes up a lot in the context of the Senators too, who will surely clean house in the off-season.

If we lose Captain Kirk, that'll be too bad, but I have a reasonable amount of faith in PG and Martin to bring in a solid replacement. Robinson would, of course, be great.

Coach Martin does seem to get alot of criticism. Funny that Muller's 2 years working side by side with him is a reason why he'd be considered for a head coaching gig with zero experience.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110125/mtl_habshub_habit_110125/20110125/?hub=MontrealSports

I have never heard these type of accusations before!

Muller's departure will undoubtedly get the chorus started again from people who believe Muller singlehandedly took over the coaching in last season's playoffs, that because he is the one drawing up the plays behind the bench he must be the one actually running the team.

That is not only ridiculous; it does a great disservice to a coach who has actually produced some pretty impressive results in the face of trying circumstances.

That's a well-argued piece by Basu. What I find especially amusing is that the online comments and responses basically ignore every one of Basu's points in reiterating a quasi-religious belief that JM is the 'wrong man for the job.' This despite facts like this:

Martin has a 75-60-15 record through his first 150 games as coach of the Canadiens, winning half his games even though his best player's been injured 60 per cent of the time.

With the awe-inspiring powerhouse talent they possess, the Habs should be doing WAAAY better than 75-60-15 and a Semi-Final appearance, right? Clearly JM is a flop.

:rolleyes:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

according to a source in Danslescoulisses.com... The Habs refused to let Muller out of his contract to go coach with New Jersey. And yet preferred to let Guy Boucher go.

The Habs were (or maybe still are) inclined to keep Muller. Could he go become headCoach in Hamilton next year?!?!

Edited by CoRvInA

according to a source in Danslescoulisses.com... The Habs refused to let Muller out of his contract to go coach with New Jersey. And yet preferred to let Guy Boucher go.

The Habs were (or maybe still are) inclined to keep Muller. Could he go become headCoach in Hamilton next year?!?!

It seems atypical of the Habs to stand in the way of their own talent. That hasn't been past practice to my knowledge. So I'd be sceptical of this report. But if they ARE holding Kirk to his contract, they'd better have something plum lined up for him.

That was Plan A last offseason, Muller was supposed to take over in Hamilton but declined the opportunity, Plan B was Cunneyworth. Can't see him swapping spots with Cunneyworth next season either.

MULLER : After hearing on RDS that Kirk Muller will probably be looking for a head coaching job after this year I think all HABS fans should start a partition on this forum to axe Jacques & promote KIRK to head coach. All in favour reply to this post.

Topics merged, we don't need 2 Muller threads on the go. I also don't think anyone's naive enough to think that a small petition from a single forum would make any sort of impact. Especially when you consider that only the minority on here want Martin gone; how many of those want Muller as head coach? 2? 3? Martin has an impressive winning record with the Habs and 2 more years at $2 million left on his deal - unless the Habs choke big time, there will be no coaching change in Montreal. Young assistants leave all the time, it's really not that great a concern either way.