Corv's Hockey and Utopia

CoRvInA

Yes, Pg liking bigger players was in an article i read as well. Especially in Anaheim. I think he will get bigger and tougher p[layers. It may take until the offseason but changes will be made.

• 2 weeks later...

About to get soe shut eye before tomorrow's classic... and Im checking our Habsworld for info and my mandatory RDS... and I read Bob Gainey's words with regards to how he is content with his decision to retire from GM duty and how well PK and Price are doing .. as well as how lucky the Habs and the NHL are to have them

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/315351.html

If there is a English version please read them. Its what all Habs fans should hold deap in our 'Glorieux' Beliefs! The future is Bright!

If thats the case then I pray for ways to lessen our suffering...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-12383098

I wonder if this visual therapy to lessen physical pain can be used for emotional pain. Meaning we would still have to watch the Habs play!

Thanks for the link.

I like pain and I take it like a man.

As a solution for minimizing this turmoil of watching MY Habs, playing like Speedy Gentlemen of the Ice and getting pummeled like rag dolls by uncivilized pit-bulls from centuries gone by (read neanderthals), is getting a bigger screen. Now there is justification, Thank You Corvina.

I have no problem with Hockey having its own code, but why this insistent belief that it should be an unwritten, hard to understand and even harder to change code of 'honour'.

Simple answer, it is because it is better to serve and hide unprofessional misdemeanours. Never mind outright birdbrained nincompoop behaviours by gronks who are only pretending to play Hockey, but actually only venting their jealousies at the Professional.

This hidden/unspoken code leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It also leaves many players injured. Sometimes beyond repair. Kariya's is the one that really stands out for me.

Just freaking abominable. Brutality of this sort has no place in this Society.

It is the 21st Century. The Information Age. A Land of Law.

Edited by Mitch

HA No problem Mitch!

Speaking of videos... what video was JM looking at, to conclude that we need to focus less on Offense and more on Defense

Is the strategy aimed at getting to overtime with a nil score? "0 to 0"

I understand we need to re-create the trap and get to basics alla JM .... But if thats the deal, will we get a better counter attack??! are we going to augment our puck possession, and hence get better scoring opportunities?!?! I don't know honestly We'll see!

The topic I wanna raise related is worth and the mighty dollar bill.

I heard that they are trying to convince Wade Redden to renounce to his contract and become an UFA.... I think it makes sense, because he will be able to play in the NHL next year... but is Money more important?!?!

Can something similar be done with Gomez? Gomez will get 5 mil next year and then lower the next year and then the next... So theoretically does the League allow for changes in contracts?!?!?

I don't know ... I'm speaking out of my elbow here... could he drop a contract and then be promissed a 5 year deal at 4mil a season for example?

The topic I wanna raise related is worth and the mighty dollar bill.

I heard that they are trying to convince Wade Redden to renounce to his contract and become an UFA.... I think it makes sense, because he will be able to play in the NHL next year... but is Money more important?!?!

Can something similar be done with Gomez? Gomez will get 5 mil next year and then lower the next year and then the next... So theoretically does the League allow for changes in contracts?!?!?

I don't know ... I'm speaking out of my elbow here... could he drop a contract and then be promissed a 5 year deal at 4mil a season for example?

Both teams can agree to mutually terminate a contract with no cap penalty (Lukas Krajicek in Philly last year, Jon Sim and Andrew Peters among others this year). Can't see Redden giving up that much money (there's no buyout on $125 waivers) though. Rangers can hope all the want, but it ain't happening.

As for Gomez, no, you cannot change or re-negotiate contracts. If you buy out/release a player, said player cannot re-sign for a full calendar year after. So the scenario you've proposed, though desirable, is illegal.

What a great article in RDS.ca

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/315538.html

Its about physical fatigue.. and how in course of a season players lose muscle mass, regardless of how well they take care of themselves...

Culprit?

82 games because we cant get enough money from TV stations in the states?!?!

What a great article in RDS.ca

http://www.rds.ca/ca...ues/315538.html

Its about physical fatigue.. and how in course of a season players lose muscle mass, regardless of how well they take care of themselves...

Culprit?

82 games because we cant get enough money from TV stations in the states?!?!

Yep, a great read for sure.

What I like about it is, the writer states the fact that the game and L'Hockeyeur calls for skill above gronkishness.:D

That is right, I invent words!!!:B)

Yep, a great read for sure.

What I like about it is, the writer states the fact that the game and L'Hockeyeur calls for skill above gronkishness.:D

That is right, I invent words!!!:B)

ha! Gronkishness

I had forgotten Livingstone had left the Habs... its also interesting to read that too much rest is a bad thing as well... in terms of managing their adrenaline levels... hockey is so much fun! ;)

And Again my rant!

CHANGE THE FN Physics of the RINK! put padding, make the boards, glass, posts everything with some form of collapsing component! AND PLEASE MAKE THE RINK BIGGER you Fn greedy Capitalist Pigs... Will we have to wait for a dead player on the ice for that to happen??!?

It doesnt take a Habs fan to realize that this is 1000 times wrong...

Not even a one game suspension?!?!? Had Pacioretty lied dead on the ice... then would he get one?!?! What if later Pax is unable to walk properly let alone skate, then will he get one? And what if Pax suffers from chronic migraines for the rest of his life... then will he get one?

The league has a re-active policy, worthy of the 19th century, much like when the game first started!

Isn't there a grain of logic in the NHL? And like Danslescoulisses stated in his webpage....if Chara is not at fault then is it Max Pac's fault? or better its the padding's fault.. But at least the NHL should man up and say if its the rink designs at fault.... then IT IS the NHL's fault. and they should do something about it!

A team has lost a promising top 6 player for the rest of the season (if were lucky) and the NHL deems that Chara's remorse will prevent this from happening again?

What is the point of these sanctions, suspensions etc. for, if not with the aim of preventing future events like these and others from happening... the precedence will now be that if you shove a player and break his neck, you will be ejected from the game, thats it! Play on!

to me the fact that Chara didnt even turn around until the whistle was blown, shows me Chara knew what he was doing...or what he had done! And proves the team mentality was to get the Habs at any cost!

Gomez and Gionta still can hear that loud bang... So Chara couldnt of missed that!

I invite the Habs to move their weight around and call for criminal investigation on CHara and the League!

The game needs to evolve *$%!@!! for the love of the game and for the sake of the player's lives

Now a point on these "stanchion holding the glass " between the benches...

in total there are 4 of these... two per bench!

my question is why do we need to seperate the two benches?!?! I understand they need to seperate the teams so they dont go at eachother... but do u need to make them hard? why not seperate them with some flexible poly-whatever. like a big see through curtain... Its not like teams use that part of the ice to bounce a puck off of the glass... You reduce the chances right away (by half) of an accident like this from re-occurring

Im not going to stop exclaiming this but This game NEEDS to Evolve!!! it doesnt take a high-school degree to see this