GDT: Habs @ Bruins - February 9th, 2011

bar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm isn't boston supposed to be a professional team? the hell is this shit?

they won convincingly, treated the habs like bitch's, that what happens to finesse teams with a mouthpiece who can't back up his yap, you want the refs to fight is battles for him, what a joke.

Well that was an interesting game. I started writing the 3 Stars in the 2nd intermission - with all that happened, I may be done by midnight. (Better not be, I'm done by 11 one way or the other.) No quit from the Habs tonight, despite being cheapshotted and goaded all night, props to the despite the outcome.

157 PIMS appears to be the final total by the way. Come to think of it, they're missing a few Hab misconducts, this may have a shot at getting near 200.

I'm sorry, but PK is going to have to fight at some point. Just not Lucic, we don't need another Komisarek situation.

Hmm.. I'm not sure I want P.K. fighting Lucic.

Obviously everyone will be asking Gauthier to hire a goon now. When you see the little Habs get off the ice bleeding all over their face, it's tough to watch. But the thing is, having a goon (like Kenopka that Burnet doesn't stop to suggest) would not have change much to tonight's game. Maybe we'd have 1 or 2 extra fights. I don't think this would have prevented Pyatt or our other players from getting humiliated. Actually, the most important thing is sticking for each other. I liked to see Habs help each others out, like Gill for Subban. Was also nice to see Pouliot fight. He's the kind of player who disappear and having him get in the game like that is great. Good luck Jacques Martin for taking positive from this and move on.

I'm pissed at Pouliot. He should have kept swinging at the Krejci the same way the bruins do when the habs are down. When that prick Lucic came to block Subban's shot, he should have just fired it that pricks face.

Ordinarilly, I don't go for this stuff, but I'm getting pissed at the crap the habs take against the bruins and flyers. :angry:

I'm pissed at Pouliot. He should have kept swinging at the Krejci the same way the bruins do when the habs are down. When that prick Lucic came to block Subban's shot, he should have just fired it that pricks face.

Ordinarilly, I don't go for this stuff, but I'm getting pissed at the crap the habs take against the bruins and flyers. :angry:

Yeah, I'm so pissed at him as well, I think he should have step on Krejci's neck with his skate.rolleyes.gif

Edited by JoeLassister

other than lucic, thornton and chara, there isn't anyone on boston who 6' 210 PK should not own physically, his biggest weakness right now is he is not physically strong enough yet, he needs to hit it hard this summer if he want's to dominate like he should be able to.

that was just embarrassing seeing poor spacek and hammer have to take beatings. where is ryan white, pyatt sucks.

Despite all the bull we encountered tonight, it's great to see the Habs defend each other and never quit. It was an enormous contrast to see Pouliot pull his punch when Krecji was down, and then see the Bruins do the exact opposite and send goons after a family man and a lightweight. The Bruins are truly without honour, and I can't wait to see them choke again.

Hmm.. I'm not sure I want P.K. fighting Lucic.

Obviously everyone will be asking Gauthier to hire a goon now. When you see the little Habs get off the ice bleeding all over their face, it's tough to watch. But the thing is, having a goon (like Kenopka that Burnet doesn't stop to suggest) would not have change much to tonight's game. Maybe we'd have 1 or 2 extra fights. I don't think this would have prevented Pyatt or our other players from getting humiliated. Actually, the most important thing is sticking for each other. I liked to see Habs help each others out, like Gill for Subban. Was also nice to see Pouliot fight. He's the kind of player who disappear and having him get in the game like that is great. Good luck Jacques Martin for taking positive from this and move on.

Why bother quoting me, when I said the same thing? We have no answer for Lucic, so we might as well let him do as he pleases.

that was just embarrassing seeing poor spacek and hammer have to take beatings. where is ryan white, pyatt sucks.

Ryan White is having an awful season in Hamilton. Forget what happened in the preseason, he simply does not merit a call up, now, or anytime soon.

Despite all the bull we encountered tonight, it's great to see the Habs defend each other and never quit. It was an enormous contrast to see Pouliot pull his punch when Krecji was down, and then see the Bruins do the exact opposite and send goons after a family man and a lightweight. The Bruins are truly without honour, and I can't wait to see them choke again.

I'm proud how the Habs reacted. Yes nice how Pouliot didn't punch Krejci when he was down (Price too on Thomas ;) )

Nice goal at the end by Pacioretty after taking a beating in the corner and not retaliating.

Why bother quoting me, when I said the same thing? We have no answer for Lucic, so we might as well let him do as he pleases.

oh sorry.. thought you wanted PK to fight Lucic.

PK should be a little wiser. He now plays 25-30 min/game. We can't afford to lose him.

Well a very entertaining game to say the least. Would of been nice to see more punches in the goalie fight, but the problem was that they weren't really mad at each other. Price could of done some damage if he wanted to. But the biggest thing lost tonight was the two points. Would of been nice to tie them in the standings.

Of well we better have a better game tmrw. If we lose tmrw it will be a huge disappointment since the Isles are down to their 5th and 6th goaltenders of the year.

This journalist is a pure idiot for changing his story. He was on radio CKAC a few moment after the "incident" saying that he would confront anyone about how IT WAS AN ISSUE and this morning, told that he changed his text and that the newspaper didn't use the new one (clearly implying that he first wrote a text saying that it was not a joke).

Agreed! I was listening to CKAC in the car when this reporter said that Andie Bennett from the Team 990 would corroborate his story, yest there was absolutely no mention of this "issue" on the Team 990. A few minutes later, MIchel Villeneuve spoke to Andie and she told him it wa a non-issue. Sometimes I really wish that the Nordiques would come back just so all the idiot reporters/analysts from Québec City (who used to follow the Nords), would Leave MOntreal and head back to Québec City and free us from all this idiotic "reporting".

AS far as the game is concerned...this is a pre-cursor for the playoffs... The Bruins took some liberties with P.K. It was clear that their mission was to get to P.K.

When a non-fighter like Horton goes after P.K. in the last minutes of the game its because he feels confident that nobody on the opposing team can really hurt him. I like the concept of team toughness, but with sooo many players under 6`tall, our team is no match fro most other teams whenever a game gets a little rough!

the goalies?! was it a real fight?

Apparently, when Thomas approached Price, he told him: "Let's do this, but let's take it easy on each other, I don't want to be the next Rick Dipietro!!"

I would've liked to see PK take a slapshot at that puke's face :angry:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned JM's benching of Kostitsyn and Gomez..

That line was -12..

RDS spent an hour talking about Gomez on the aftergame show. And we've talked about him for weeks. Same old story.. there's just nothing more to add.

I really hated how the game started. The Bruins were hitting our defense really hard and in no time at all most of our Dmen were turning the puck over because they were afraid of getting hit. Subban is young but he was terrible in the first because of this. Anyone see the video on TSN's highlights of Gill and Gionta talking to him during a TV time out? That is good leadership.

I was much happier with the second because at least we started to fight back. Watching our players take a beating time and time again was painful and embarrassing but we did fight back. Say what you want about Lucic but the Habs desperately need a player like that. We have amazing heart and determination but we are too soft to compete with teams like the Flyers who are tougher than the Bruins.

Kostitsyn and Gomez may as well be placed on the 4th line. I haven't seen that level of lackadaisical play in a long time.

I am still beside myself wondering what happened to the instigator rule last night. As far as I saw it Boston should still have guys in the box. How does Thomas skating the length of the ice to fight Price not warrant an instigator call? They instigated every one of those fights and not one call for it. The league should take a real hard look at this one and suspend both refs. They lost control of it by not using that rule.