Habs get Paul Mara...

TheDriveFor25

Please, i think your going a little overboard on O'Byrne. Who by the way is minus 13 over the last 10 or so. He is a RD, he is not better than Wis, Weber or Subban. So he still wouldm not be in the line up.

Mara is a plug until Gill and Spacek are back, Than he is a # 7. lapierre is waste, White is more noticable than Lapierre.

I do like Chris Neil and Movign Ak46.

PG did what he had to do currently. He will try and land a forward or 2.

I noticed the mighty O'Byrne has not been able to stem the Colorado collapse over the last 2-3 weeks, but nobody will bring that up when discussing him because it doesn't

fit the blame Martin narrative that is so popular among the Habs fanbase. When he was a +12 it was brought up every day, now that he has regressed to normal we don't hear

the nonsense anymore.

Giving AK away for a bag of pucks is just dumb.

Solid depth move that cost very little.

Paul Mara ? Is that the best that PG can do ? My problem with this deal is that we already had Mara here and he was a bust. Truth of the matter is that I would have prefered to have O"Byrne still playing for us and as for LaPierre we got ripped off. C'mon PG stop embarrasing us and make a trade for a real player that will help us go deep into the playoffs. My suggestion is that we get Chris Neil to start and then give away AK for a bag of pucks or ship him to Nashville so he can play with his crazy brother.

Though O'Byrne may have been useful now with so many injuries, Bournival's a solid prospect so it's way, way to early to call that trade an embarrassment. As for Lapierre, he has as many goals for them as Festerling has for Montreal...and Festerling hasn't played yet. Lapierre has 3 assists in 16 games with a -5 rating, so it's not like he's making Gauthier look bad either. And trading Kostitsyn for a bag of pucks? Geez, I didn't know a 20-ish goal forward (his current pace) who leads the team in hits is worth nothing nowadays. You can't get a superstar in every move you make like you seem to be clamouring for, but depth moves can be quite important, surely not an embarrassment to anyone.

I was pissed off at first too. I mean, enough of those depth moves already!

But hey, welcome back Mara! He's got lots in his tool box and, second time around, may feel ready to play his best years weeks in his career. He's been around for ever, but he's only 31.

Mara doesn't qualify has an enforcer, so IMO Gauthier still has that void to fill. If we have depth needs, it's for an enforcer, nothing else really. we don't need another halpern

Edited by sakiqc
don't think we'll need him long term though

Sakicq,

If he drops the gloves, stays on his feet, doesn't turtle or get rag dolled. he will be better than what the habs have right now :lol:

yeah, he's tall and big.. I thought about that but after looking at his fight log, I changed my mind

he hasn't fight at all in 2010. he fought twice the year before, while with the Habs, and one of them was against Gilbert Brule lol

I am a believer in team toughness > goon, but still, how tough can a team of midgets be..

Dr. Mulder, Dr. Lacroix and Dr. Lenczner are great guys and I really think that the seats in the press box at the Bell Centre are in the top 5 of the league when it comes to confort. Added to the fact that I like real beer and that, as a ginger, I easily get sunburns, Montreal is really a nice city to play hockey.
- Paul Mara

With every team in the league suffering at the blue line.. PG might of gotten Mara for cheap... and if some miraculous recoveries happen for us before the trade deadline we could find our selves trading Mara or any other D to another team for a 4th or 3rd pick or even in a bundle for something up front

for example Vancouver is now sort of desperate for D...

Okay When I stated to move AK for a bag of pucks it was just a figure of speech. Everything I read agrees with the fact that his hockey IQ is low and has poor ice vision. Although he may lead the team in hits I'm sure that his hits have very little impact and he constantly misses shooting the puck at least to the net area. I would be suprised if AK is still a habs come trading deadline. During intermission last night against the oilers Kelly Rhudy said that edmonton is shopping Ales Hemsky and that montreal may be the team that will want him. Does anyone know anything more about Hemsky ?

During intermission last night against the oilers Kelly Rhudy said that edmonton is shopping Ales Hemsky and that montreal may be the team that will want him. Does anyone know anything more about Hemsky ?

Hemsky would be a decent fit with the Habs but he is a bit pricey and the cost to get him will start with a 1st round pick. If the Habs were 1 piece away from contending, I'd say he'd be a legit option but since they're not (injuries have a tendency to do that), I wouldn't recommend pursuing him right now.

Hemsky would be a decent fit with the Habs but he is a bit pricey and the cost to get him will start with a 1st round pick. If the Habs were 1 piece away from contending, I'd say he'd be a legit option but since they're not (injuries have a tendency to do that), I wouldn't recommend pursuing him right now.

Hemsky's bones are seemingly made of paper-mâché, so I'm not sure he'd fare well in Montreal, where they take beatings on a regular basis. He's super-talented, but I think Montreal would be better obtaining a physical presence up front, especially if it's going to cost a 1st rounder.

Hemsky's bones are seemingly made of paper-mâché, so I'm not sure he'd fare well in Montreal, where they take beatings on a regular basis. He's super-talented, but I think Montreal would be better obtaining a physical presence up front, especially if it's going to cost a 1st rounder.

I agree with you, although I absolutely love Hemsky. He's an incredible playmaker and overall skilled forward. Same category as Plekanec. But we already be better suited with a bigger guy who can score goal. Penner seems to fit more that description. But those kind of players all have their flaws, and Penner surely do have his share.

I agree with you, although I absolutely love Hemsky. He's an incredible playmaker and overall skilled forward. Same category as Plekanec. But we already be better suited with a bigger guy who can score goal. Penner seems to fit more that description. But those kind of players all have their flaws, and Penner surely do have his share.

Penner, I was not impressed with him last night, that's for sure. The price on him is a 1st + ___ and frankly, he's not worth it.

Penner, I was not impressed with him last night, that's for sure. The price on him is a 1st + ___ and frankly, he's not worth it.

The thing is, there are not many guys in Penner's category that are on the market. If we're looking for a tough guy who can score goal, we might have to settle on him rather than having to trade Subban to get a flawless one.

The thing is, there are not many guys in Penner's category that are on the market. If we're looking for a tough guy who can score goal, we might have to settle on him rather than having to trade Subban to get a flawless one.

It's Tanguay all over again, except you get a 1/4 season extra out of Penner. That bombed and I suspect if someone ponies up that much for Penner, they'll feel the same way Hab fans did once Tanguay left.

I thought Nash could hold his own better than he did

last night. He was clearly afraid of Edmonton 4th line.

Job to to on his backward skating and mental toughness.

So, i didn't like Mara for most of his abilities but he is not

intimidated and he has a beard, thing that most young Oilers will not have before 10 years.

Nash clearly not ready for NHL Ice time... he needs to adjust his pace, skating and focus

THis means we need another D... One with NHL experience... We have TWo in Hamilton... Come on PG do it

Nash clearly not ready for NHL Ice time... he needs to adjust his pace, skating and focus

THis means we need another D... One with NHL experience... We have TWo in Hamilton... Come on PG do it

Two? Henry and...Carle? Carle only has what, 1 more game of NHL experience? :)

Well that was a fun 2010-11. Brewer now (awaiting final confirmation) to Tampa Bay. After Boston and Philly did their moves and considering our ailing D I just wanted to wish everyone a happy summer and hopefully we can win the cup in 2012. See you at the draft.

This team isn't 1 move from beong a contender like the Flyers, Boston or Tampa.

Everyone cool out.

I read on the other thread Wis may be back in a few days anyway.

They need some help up front. A neil type player and an exchange between some potential top 6 guysd like AK46 and a Dumont. (I'm just saying something like that. it doesn't have to be those guys

Well that was a fun 2010-11. Brewer now (awaiting final confirmation) to Tampa Bay. After Boston and Philly did their moves and considering our ailing D I just wanted to wish everyone a happy summer and hopefully we can win the cup in 2012. See you at the draft.

The Brewer thing hurts. I lived in Prince George BC and watched this kid in juniors. I like him a lot. With our good relationship with St. Louis, it would have been nice to land him.

True enough, though he's hurt and can't be called up anyway.

Excellent... it just aint our year is it!

Well if Henry doesnt come up (if Wiz truly is gone for a few weeks) then he will never

The Brewer thing hurts. I lived in Prince George BC and watched this kid in juniors. I like him a lot. With our good relationship with St. Louis, it would have been nice to land him.

From the sounds of it, there were only a few teams he was waiving his NTC/NMC (I forget which he has) for, not sure the Habs were one of them, nor did they have the cap space to absorb him. Would have been a decent pick up though.

Excellent... it just aint our year is it!

Well if Henry doesnt come up (if Wiz truly is gone for a few weeks) then he will never

He's a last gasp option at best. He's a competent AHL D for the Bulldogs who is willing to stick up for his teammates. He's not an NHL calibre player at this stage in his career. If we need him, especially for defence, we're in bigger trouble than now.