GDT: Toronto vs Montreal, Feb. 24

bar

And I'm not sure how the over the glass penalty gets called when one linesman is emphatically gesturing that the puck deflected off of something.

I actually thought that was the right call, I had it written down on my note as soon as it went over the glass before it was even called.

Also, seeing how there's quite a few people on, the chatroom is always open...hint, hint. :) (I can only come around at the intermission but that's just me.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought that was the right call, I had it written down on my note as soon as it went over the glass before it was even called.

Also, seeing how there's quite a few people on, the chatroom is always open...hint, hint. :) (I can only come around at the intermission but that's just me.)

I thought so too, but the tv angle wasn't the best. I figured the linesman had a better view (as he should) and thought it was weird that he was overruled. It'd be understandable if he missed the play, but it looked like he saw something concrete.

Oh well, like Wamsley stated, good teams will overcome poor officiating, and tonight's the night we'll see it.

Reimer hits his knees quicker than Paris Hilton on a blind date.

Cammy buries one!

BOTH GOALS the guys is on his knees way early.

Edited by Wamsley01

Reimer hits his knees quicker than Paris Hilton on a blind date.

Cammy buries one!

BOTH GOALS the guys is on his knees way early.

hahahah YEAH !!!

On another note, on our 3rd goal, Gomez was directly in front of him. That's what we lacked so far this season. Twice tonight, first Halpern and now Gomez. Hope they can keep it up.

The greatest thing about this is that two fan bases are going to be complaining about the referees.

In all reality there isn't a bias, it is incompetence. These guys are altering the structure of the game

for no reason.

5 PP GOALS!

Edited by Wamsley01

That's why Auld is a no. 2 and not a no. 1.

I just wish the refs would ref one game in our favor against the Leafs!

Game over!

I wouldn't even say he is a number two goalie - he's a disgrace wearing that tribute Dryden mask!

Just watch RDS. You don't need to understand French, it's actually more enjoyable because I can't.

Yep, watch RDS and listen on CJAD.

He hasn't even resembled an NHL goaltender all season though. I thought he would be a solid 2, but he is borderline NHL

the way he has played this season.

The guy just can't be trusted down the stretch.

I thought his first game of the year was pretty good.

All right boys. I'm sure most of you probably have heard me bitch and moan about the fact that I'm back luck for our Habs. Once again, I was happily watching the game, when the Leafies socred 3 unanswered goals. I told myself that I had a load of washing that needed to be done, so I turned off the TV and went to do some washing.

Sure enough, I come back to my CPU after half an hour and I noticed that our boys were back in the game.

My question to you is, should I turn the game back on, or just follow the box score on espn.com?

At this point, You guys might think i'm officially nuts!! ;);) It's just that I can't stand watching my boys lose to the Bruins or the Leafs.

this refs are brutal.. three of the calls against the habs were weak, at best. Then I watch the leafs hook, trip, hold, and interfere with no call. Its like they get called once for each two infractions, we get called on fantasy...

What I have noticed is that when the habs and leafs play and the reffing is "invisible", we win, or it is at least close. But far too often, the game is an example of brutal, one sided reffing.

I sure hope we win, but I have no confidence that the refs won't find a phantom call when needed to keep the leafs going.

okay refs.. how the hell don't you call that hold on Halpern after the "standard" you have set...just awful.

this refs are brutal.. three of the calls against the habs were weak, at best. Then I watch the leafs hook, trip, hold, and interfere with no call. Its like they get called once for each two infractions, we get called on fantasy...

What I have noticed is that when the habs and leafs play and the reffing is "invisible", we win, or it is at least close. But far too often, the game is an example of brutal, one sided reffing.

I sure hope we win, but I have no confidence that the refs won't find a phantom call when needed to keep the leafs going.

okay refs.. how the hell don't you call that hold on Halpern after the "standard" you have set...just awful.

A Leaf fan can take the exact stand in regards to the officials. They will complain about the three quick penalties that took a 3-1 game and made it 3-3.

The officials have been incompetent, but the reason it is amplified is because the Leafs have scored 3 PP goals.

This game is there for the taking. The back up excuse is gone, the Habs have the better team and better goalie, all they have to do is go out and win the 3rd period.

Sorry, even the leaf homer TSN guys were perplexed on several calls against the habs. Their were several penalties that were real on both sides, but I see the leafs getting away with far worse then the habs are getting called for..

This game is still their to win, but only if the refs settle down and let them play.

A Leaf fan can take the exact stand in regards to the officials. They will complain about the three quick penalties that took a 3-1 game and made it 3-3.

The officials have been incompetent, but the reason it is amplified is because the Leafs have scored 3 PP goals.

This game is there for the taking. The back up excuse is gone, the Habs have the better team and better goalie, all they have to do is go out and win the 3rd period.

Sorry, even the leaf homer TSN guys were perplexed on several calls against the habs. Their were several penalties that were real on both sides, but I see the leafs getting away with far worse then the habs are getting called for..

This game is still their to win, but only if the refs settle down and let them play.

Well the Gionta call is just a horrific call, but the other two calls that lead to goals were legit.

Incompetence, no conspiracy.

Well, if those were real interference calls, then we were due several more calls for. I was also perplexed why they allowed several blatant holds to go unpunished...

Don't get me wrong, I think it is mostly incompetence too, but tonight, it is favoring the leafs in a big way..

I just hope we can get a good third period and if the habs are pressing and the leafs are holding to hang on, then call the damn penalties.

Well the Gionta call is just a horrific call, but the other two calls that lead to goals were legit.

Incompetence, no conspiracy.

Is there anything worse then watching Gill in cement, trying to skate back to get the puck.. thank god for his long reach...

and there we go.. two goal Toronto lead.. brutal

Sometimes everything goes right for a team. With a small sample size anything is possible.