GDT: Canes vs Habs, Feb. 26

dlbalr

Ah Pleks - just shoot!!! Phew, almost got burnt with a goal the other way.

I don't see how that wasn't a penalty against the hook on Pleks! :wacko:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Gill hits the post - has he scored in his two years in Montreal yet??

Yes - we needed these two points to put more room between them on the Canes. THose Leafer idiots on sportsnet were talking about how the gap between the Habs and Leafs could shrink tonight.

Nice to see the former #1 line be the top 3 stars!

Well they pulled it off. For all the harping on Auld, he let in one bad goal (by giving it up) and hung in there for the win.

PK had a hell of a game defensively.

AK was great offensively.

Big kudos to the PK units, which was probably the difference in this game.

I really don't get why Pyatt is in over White and I'm sick of the long leash JM keeps giving to Gomez.

Pyatt did more in this game than White did over the last 2 weeks. Scoring chances, adequate penalty killing, and speed. White had his opportunity to make an impact and frankly he blew it. If the Habs add a forward by Monday, there's no doubt he's going down.

Nice to see the Habs keep battling to get the win in the end. Auld was a little rocky but did enough for the win at least.

That would have been cool. The Flower was my guy until Roy arrived. Still remember being ecstatic when he scored 2 on Roy in his Forum return.

When Lafleur was forced out, was the closest I ever came to dropping the habs, i couldn't understand why he retired and later on when it came out that he was forced out and Savard turned down the Lafleur for Perrault deal, why the habs wouldn't give him a chance to play somewhere else considered all he had done for the franchise.

Roy and Chelios were the first habs players after Lafleur that I really rooted for as players, rather then just as habs players. It just seems the habs have a horrible history on how they part ways with their best players - Richard - Harvey, Lafleur - Robinson - Chelios - Roy - Koivu. The only star players that parted ways amicably were Beliveau and Gainey.

Pyatt did more in this game than White did over the last 2 weeks. Scoring chances, adequate penalty killing, and speed. White had his opportunity to make an impact and frankly he blew it. If the Habs add a forward by Monday, there's no doubt he's going down.

Nice to see the Habs keep battling to get the win in the end. Auld was a little rocky but did enough for the win at least.

Issue is that Pyatt always has lots of chances - just no finish. What White brings is what the habs lack on a regular basis and that is physicality. I thought White played a few good games, but really, in some of those games, who on the habs played well?? The games against Edmonton and Calgary, most of the team sucked.

Tonight, the team came out flying - which is why I was pissed at the Gomez penalty, because it changed the whole flow the habs had going at the time. I think we also dodged a bullit tonight with know Stall. But we REALLY cound'nt afford to give up these two points tonight and we can't afford a bad effort against Atlanta.

I really hope PG doesn't dump AK46 at the deadline, he's looked great once being seperated from Gomez and there's no way he's going to be able replace him with a 25+ goal scorer.

Issue is that Pyatt always has lots of chances - just no finish. What White brings is what the habs lack on a regular basis and that is physicality. I thought White played a few good games, but really, in some of those games, who on the habs played well?? The games against Edmonton and Calgary, most of the team sucked.

I'll take chances and no finish over no chances. Yes, White brings the physical play but little else right now. Is that enough to keep him in the lineup alone? Despite the lack of physical play on this team, I don't think so. I'd submit that a Conboy would be more suited for the 6 minute hitting role over White at the moment. But either way, White nor Pyatt should be affecting the outcome too much. Suffice it to say, Pyatt's not in my 3-Stars. :)

I'll take chances and no finish over no chances. Yes, White brings the physical play but little else right now. Is that enough to keep him in the lineup alone? Despite the lack of physical play on this team, I don't think so. I'd submit that a Conboy would be more suited for the 6 minute hitting role over White at the moment. But either way, White nor Pyatt should be affecting the outcome too much. Suffice it to say, Pyatt's not in my 3-Stars. :)

Question is who would you rather see against the Flyers or Bruins? Isn't Conboy more of a goon type?? Don't know much about him, but do remember reading something of him being involved in some controversial incident. To me White is more of a guy that can play a regular shift, not sure if that's the case with Conboy.

Ak27 scores the winner for the pens in SO after scoring a goal earlier. Always nice to see the Leafs lose:)

LOL. The CBC star making is in full force.

5 goals and not one was Reimer's fault.

PTS last night on The Fan saw Mike Zeisberger attempt to justify how Reimer is quickly becoming a star in the league. When asked if you had to pick a goalie for a game tomorrow, any goalie...he picked Reimer. (The others picked were Luongo/Thomas which at least make a little sense.) The Leafs can have the hype, we'll take the victory.

PTS last night on The Fan saw Mike Zeisberger attempt to justify how Reimer is quickly becoming a star in the league. When asked if you had to pick a goalie for a game tomorrow, any goalie...he picked Reimer. (The others picked were Luongo/Thomas which at least make a little sense.) The Leafs can have the hype, we'll take the victory.

So Ridiculous. The guy has played less than 20 games in the NHL and the guy is putting him ahead of Price, Miller, Hiller, Halak, Luongo, Thomas, Lundqvist?

Absolutely ludicrous. The kids has been solid, but lucky. He is always down and plays WAAY to deep.

His SV% will likely plummet over the last 20 games as the league becomes familiar with him.

LOL. The CBC star making is in full force.

5 goals and not one was Reimer's fault.

I don't mind the CBC clown making kings out of the leaf court jesters - as long as he keeps his big mouth shut about Subban!

White had a great training camp, but he is struggling right now. I don't know if it is because of his knee injury (earlier this season), but he doesn't look as fast. If he doesn't find his game soon, he probably will be sent back to Hamilton. My guess is that Gauthier won't move Monday. If it is the case, the next guy who will get recalled will probably be Dawes.

White had a great training camp, but he is struggling right now. I don't know if it is because of his knee injury (earlier this season), but he doesn't look as fast. If he doesn't find his game soon, he probably will be sent back to Hamilton. My guess is that Gauthier won't move Monday. If it is the case, the next guy who will get recalled will probably be Dawes.

woudn't we risk losing Dawes if we tried to call him up?

Still in the camp of "ban the members who suggest to send Gomez in the minors".

That 4 minutes penalty was again stupid, the game could have stopped there,

especially when Weber is playing his wrong side on penalty killing :wacko:

The only thing he does really good is carrying the puck in full speed,

it seems liek everybody knows how to play him to shut him down. Not only

him but all his line mates, he took down AK with him, AK without him does

really good with Eller. Now it's MaxPac and Gionta turn to go down with him.

What needs to be done with him is a three games on the press gallery.

Obviously, after the trade deadline, miracles do happen.

Three games out of the line up and a long video session of him when he was good.

I say video because it is probably on video BETA somewhere under piles of dust.

He has every tool but never challenges 1-1, he is a cheater.

Still in the camp of "ban the members who suggest to send Gomez in the minors".

I can't believe the love Gomez gets from some people and the absolute hate for AK46. IMO sending Gomez to the minors next year is a no brainer, because the chances of trading him are slim to none!

On Gomez: you can't just 'get rid of him.' You need a replacement. Desharnais may or may not have it in him to be that replacement. This is the *only* reason why dumping him in the minors - not this season, but afterwards, or at some point into next season if he continues to struggle - is a bad idea in hockey terms. Almost any 2nd-line C out there would be an improvement. And if that replacement costs (say) $5 mil in salary, you garner yourself another $2 mil and change to play with. (If the replacement is Desharnais, then you clear over $6 million, and are perhaps in a position to build a real contender next season, assuming DD can cut it).

Some people seem unable to come to grips with the depths of Gomer's suckage this season. He's been unacceptable. Period. If a replacement is viable, then you do whatever it takes to dump him and his salary. The only caveat is if he has been playing injured - of which I haven't heard any suggestion.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

On Gomez: you can't just 'get rid of him.' You need a replacement. Desharnais may or may not have it in him to be that replacement. This is the *only* reason why dumping him in the minors - not this season, but afterwards, or at some point into next season if he continues to struggle - is a bad idea in hockey terms. Almost any 2nd-line C out there would be an improvement. And if that replacement costs (say) $5 mil in salary, you garner yourself another $2 mil and change to play with. (If the replacement is Desharnais, then you clear over $6 million, and are perhaps in a position to build a real contender next season, assuming DD can cut it).

Some people seem unable to come to grips with the depths of Gomer's suckage this season. He's been unacceptable. Period. If a replacement is viable, then you do whatever it takes to dump him and his salary. The only caveat is if he has been playing injured - of which I haven't heard any suggestion.

I do believe that Gomer injured his back, carrying his wallet home from the bank :)

Nope. His AHL salary is at the max threshold so he is re-entry exempt.

Thanks - not sure the rules on who has to go through waivers to be called up - considering his age, I thought Dawes would have to go through waivers - which is why i didn't get why we picked him up.