Festerling traded to Atlanta

dlbalr

Sanford's injury must be a serious one. Either that or they have given up on Mayer.

Both are more than plausible to me. A little surprised this wasn't done as a loan next week before the Clear Day deadline though, Festerling could've been useful beyond this season.

Both are more than plausible to me. A little surprised this wasn't done as a loan next week before the Clear Day deadline though, Festerling could've been useful beyond this season.

Assuning that Karri Rammo doesn't come to North America next year, I expect you will see Sanford backing up Price. Macyntire looks like a descent AHLer. It makes me laugh how many Canucks back ups we have in the system.

All the moves PG has done this year have been patching holes in the ship. He's really had no choice.

Assuning that Karri Rammo doesn't come to North America next year, I expect you will see Sanford backing up Price. Macyntire looks like a descent AHLer. It makes me laugh how many Canucks back ups we have in the system.

Thing is, like Auld, Sanford and MacIntyre are UFA's next season. I can't see Sanford becoming a permanent NHL backup, he's too injury prone now. MacIntyre was just a plug since Sanford's going to be out for a while (and this will be I think the 4th time he'll be on the shelf this year).

All the moves PG has done this year have been patching holes in the ship. He's really had no choice.

Sanford's not moving up to the NHL... they'd just re-sign Auld if nothing else. Or sign yet another guy off the UFA pile.

This is clearly just for this year. They didn't think Festerling had use beyond this year... maybe he's checking out European options.

Macyntire looks like a descent AHLer.

He has 240 AHL games on his resume. I've seen MacIntyre play many, many times vs the Bulldogs when he was with Grand Rapids and the Manitoba Moose. He is OK in my books. :)