Syracuse vs. Hamilton | Game Thread | 04/13/05

Spider-Man NL

Yeah I used to think that Beauchamin was on par with ole' Boullion. Kind of a capable 6/7th guy with a little bit of offensive capability (at least at the AHL lvl).

How old is Focht? I know he was taken incredably high in the draft but I was not really too impressed with him... maybe I didn't see enough of him...

It would have been nice to see a new stud defenseman get drafted by Montreal this year... that'll have to wait I guess... but I think thats what the Habs need with their next 1st rnder. I guess you've gotta take the best player available but after Komi (maybe Hainsey) they get kinda thin...

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

Why was kostitsyn not playing tonight? Or was he and i just didn't see his name on the stats.  

WERE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS.WOOOHOOO

Kostitsyn has an ankle injury.

Beauchemin would easily have been the Dogs #1 defensemen. Focht was brutal for the most part. Plante was solid last year but not in the same league as Beauchemin. Beauchy was the teams #1 last year and the guy that Jarvis put on the ice when trying to protect a lead late in the game. Jancevski was a bit of a disappointment, he did have a solid season, but for a guy that was his teams MVP a year or two ago, I guess I thought he'd be better. Daley was a much bigger disappointment though, too many mental errors/turnovers.

Beauchemin isn't the most skilled guy but he works hard, has a good shot from the point, will use it often as he likes to shoot, throws his body around and is solid in his own end. Savard said they expected Hainsey and Beauchemin to fight for the 7th spot this year, but too bad there wasn't a season. Not a major loss but it would have been nice to have him around to push Hainsey and help in Hamilton (as Beauchemin was the Crunch's top defensemen from what I've seen)